Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Wolfe County
As a Wolfe fan, I’m glad they are kinda under the radar and won’t have much pressure on them like what they did last year. They have a stellar starting 5 and with the edition Levi Mayabb, they’ll be able to compete with any team in the region. The Wolves have what I believe is the best point guard, In Wilgus Tolson in the region and one of the most talented players in the state. He is another year older and from what I can tell he’s grown a few inches and his body has matured. Hopefully he also mature mentally as well, because that’s the only thing stopping him. 
Sawyer Thompson had was up and down last year, but he has all the pieces to the puzzle to be a fantastic player, so hopefully he’ll put it all together this season. 
If Wolfe County has any chance of matching up with Perry, Knot and Breathitt, Skylar Richie is the only way. He is the key to the Wolves season, as the kid has all the size and skill needed, but with that he has to find the passion and desire to go with it.
Elijah Tolson has always been dependable and another year will only make him better. He can be a terror from 3 point range and is deceptively quick and crafty, as well as a very smart player.
Andrew Mayabb should also be a difference maker this year as he has a lot of talent and saw some valuable minutes last year as a reserve.
Transferring from Morgan County, Levi Mayabb could be the surprise of the 14th region. He will he big help to the Wolf Pack as they are not very deep. I hear he has a good motor and is very skilled.
Even though the Wolves lost Jazz Johnson, I think they could be better than last years team. The players that stayed are much more mature and are very skilled.
This is a very good Wolves team. I agree, they have all the ingredients to make a good run in the region. Their big obstacle will be district rival Breathitt County. But if Wilgus can settle down and relax at the guard spot he is very effective. Last year I thought he tried to play in too big of a hurry and was over anxious to make things happen instead of letting the flow of the game come to him. I didn’t get to see a lot of his games during the season but that’s how I saw his play during post season play. He is a key for their success.
They can compete and beat anyone in the region except breathitt in my opinion, and they’ll have a hard time with Perry, but they will be right there in that 3,4,5 range with a few other teams, I also heard Cordia loaded up, so who knows what they’ll have come season opener..
I think Wolfe will be a tough out. Johnson will be missed for his leadership but they have a lot of kids that can put up points. Ritchie made a lot of progress last year and will just get better.
Don't sleep on the Wolves.