Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Middle Infield Height Requirements
With MLB and D1 NCAA average heights at 5’11 for 2B and 6’0 for SS.  Why is it almost every team in the region today and the past 30 years always played small kids up the middle?  Is it that they are just quicker but I honestly know that’s not the case or is it just good ole politics?  You go off from here and watch teams play and you see brutes in the Infield.  Kids that can hit, make constant routine plays, and are a threat.  And I don’t have a problem with a small guy that hits the ball a ton and makes all the plays they are supposed to but a lot of times that’s not the case. Just something I’ve always noticed here. 14th region got any State Baseball Championships? I suppose the same thing can be said for fastpitch softball.
Its as simple as this. East Kentucky schools especially the 14th region have slim pickings. Every kid in the region that is an athlete plays football or basketball thinking they are going to the league. So those kids that do put in the work for baseball growing up who aren't 6'+ basketball players end up playing in the middle infield because 70% of baseballs are hit in the middle of the field.

Until parents start to sit and analyze the possibilities of kids playing in college is much greater and easier than any other sport we will continue to be this way. Kids out of region focus on baseball. Look at the 15/16th regions. Sending multiple kids out on d1 scholarships. I don't think the 14th region has had a d1 baseball player since Cottongame and he is at Cumberland's now. Hamilton from Breathitt Co may be the last 4 year D1 baseball player from the region and he played some baseball after college. Regardless of the point. Paid school is paid school at the end of the day.
Who all from 15th and 16th are playing big time ball right now? I know the kid from JC is at Marshall. Feltner is a Morehead.
15th and 16th region baseball players are held back a lot. If what I heard this off season from a coach from 15th region is true I know why players in those regions are brutes.
Probably brutes because they live in a place known as a weight room. Supplements legal and illegal probably play a role as well.
A lot of illegal supplements maybe .
(04-01-2022, 01:52 PM)The_Rock Wrote: Who all from 15th and 16th are playing big time ball right now?  I know the kid from JC is at Marshall.  Feltner is a Morehead.

Ryley Preece from JC just had a 3-HR game today for Morehead.
(04-02-2022, 07:26 PM)HPanther Thunder Wrote:
(04-01-2022, 01:52 PM)The_Rock Wrote: Who all from 15th and 16th are playing big time ball right now?  I know the kid from JC is at Marshall.  Feltner is a Morehead.

Ryley Preece from JC just had a 3-HR game today for Morehead.
It’s awesome how well Ryley and Feltner have played at Morehead. They were two of Moreheads best players last year as freshmen and both are having big sophomore seasons as well. 

Braxton Kelly from JC is also pitching at Ohio University.
Kid that went to Lawrence County pitches for the Angels now
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(04-02-2022, 04:03 PM)BKBaseball Wrote: A lot of illegal supplements maybe .
People who complain of widespread steroid use in high school are the same people whose rarely grace the door of the weight room. Eat right and put in the work, the rest will work itself out
(04-09-2022, 01:06 AM)Hi fansville Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 04:03 PM)BKBaseball Wrote: A lot of illegal supplements maybe .
People who complain of widespread steroid use in high school are the same people whose rarely grace the door of the weight room. Eat right and put in the work, the rest will work itself out
Lol. Man when I get the info from a 15th region coach that is enough for me. So they know who putting in the work right way n ones who using illegal supplements. Ones who do it right good for them. But the ones who take the easy way to do it shame  on them and their parents. But I guess you know that everyone is in weight room doing it the right way.