Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region All A Classic
Anyone have the schedule for the upcoming tournament? Usually it is posted on the All A website but I can’t find it on there.
this may help a little
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...spec_17662
Boys and Girls brackets are same:

Upper Bracket
9/9/23
Lee Co vs Hazard
Breathitt Co (Bye)

Cordia (Bye)
Owsley Co (Bye)

Bottom Bracket

June Buchanan vs Buckhorn
Knott Central (Bye)

Wolfe Co vs Jackson City
Leslie Co (Bye)

Second round games will be 1/11/23

Semifinals at Leslie Co
1/13, 1/14, 1/15
[-] The following 2 users Like LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • griffman, wannacat
I’m going with Hazard
(01-02-2023, 02:07 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’m going with Hazard

I am too
(01-02-2023, 02:07 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’m going with Hazard
With Big Al us coaching is an extra 10+ points for any team in the state. He is a proven leader and strategist.
I think Breathitt will come together and win the 14th All A.
I wouldn't overlook Lee in that top bracket. Hazard and Breathitt should be favored over them but a very scrappy bunch that can surprise you. Plus Hazard goes to Lee which is plus for Lee. Now of course if Hazard wins as they will be favored that puts a big time matchup with Breathitt in the second round.
(01-02-2023, 12:36 PM)Ole-glory Wrote: I think Breathitt will come together and win the 14th All A.
They are defending champs and state All A runner-up, and have most of their team back. They definitely have the right pieces in place to get it done again.

(01-02-2023, 01:26 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I wouldn't overlook Lee in that top bracket. Hazard and Breathitt should be favored over them but a very scrappy bunch that can surprise you. Plus Hazard goes to Lee which is plus for Lee. Now of course if Hazard wins as they will be favored that puts a big time matchup with Breathitt in the second round.
I agree about Lee Co. If their two guards get hot from behind the arc they can put up some big numbers, and quickly. Zach Watterson and Trent Combs are 2 of the regions better shooters. Lee has also had one starter from last year that has been out of season with injury and is scheduled to return this month, and another starter, their 6’4 center, who has missed a couple weeks with an ankle injury and he should be back fairly soon.
(01-02-2023, 01:26 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I wouldn't overlook Lee in that top bracket. Hazard and Breathitt should be favored over them but a very scrappy bunch that can surprise you. Plus Hazard goes to Lee which is plus for Lee. Now of course if Hazard wins as they will be favored that puts a big time matchup with Breathitt in the second round.
Yes.  I think you can pretty much overlook Lee
After first round here is the second round match-ups for Wednesday:
(Upper Bracket)
Breathitt vs Hazard
Owsley vs Cordia

(Bottom)
Knott vs Buckhorn
Leslie vs Wolfe