Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montgomery County Hires Jason’s Mays
(03-13-2023, 10:33 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Mays will give coach cook a run for his money on bring in recruited kids.  Cook graduates a lot of his talent. Next year is a reload year. Mays and cook will battle it out. Mason will still be good. The price will surely ski rocket for recruiting.  Mays went to 5k for the Russell kid. I can only image what the price will be paid now with inflation being what it is right now. Lol
Hilarious,  but given the situation of the coaching staff at Russell and Boyd they should’ve took it.  Lol

(03-13-2023, 04:02 PM)Thrillex Wrote: Be interesting see what kind of job they gave his wife.

I would hope it would be the highest that she is qualified for!!!
(03-14-2023, 10:01 AM)TribeTime Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 12:00 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:33 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: Mays will give coach cook a run for his money on bring in recruited kids.  Cook graduates a lot of his talent. Next year is a reload year. Mays and cook will battle it out. Mason will still be good. The price will surely ski rocket for recruiting.  Mays went to 5k for the Russell kid. I can only image what the price will be paid now with inflation being what it is right now. Lol
I don’t believe a word of your accusation about Mays and the Russell kid. But coming from you, who has fed more misinformation and distortions into this story than any poster on here I can totally understand. You have a personal hatred for Mays that’s is eating you from the inside out, simply because someone in your family wasn’t good enough to play varsity minutes for him. Which is a selfish reason but so be it. You have tried your best to make him look as if he is calling parents to try convince them to transfer kids to Ashland and he didn’t do that. I’m not saying parents didn’t contact him or boosters but I don’t know. But he wasn’t on the phone with a notepad list of kids to attempt to talk into transferring. If he is the big recruiter you pretend he is he sure is very lame at it because in four years of coaching at the school he had just 3 players that actually played meaningful minutes. What does that average out to, less than 1 player a year while he was there. To find the big time recruiters, girls and boys, you will need to check out about a hundred plus other programs throughout the state. Especially in Jefferson County. Players hop from one school to another in that county like it’s a pin-ball machine. Players transfer all over the state and yes, the parents or guardians are talking in advance to coaches and boosters and others before they enroll, they’re  just not secretly taped. If you think they’re not you are completely naive and have your head buried in the sand. I’ve followed basketball in Kentucky since the 1960s and know what I’m talking about. You’ve used this one tape to make Jason the whipping boy of all transfers, legal or illegal, throughout the state. Well, now he’s gone but you are still hounding him on this social platform. He’s made mistakes and he paid for it with loss of his coaching position. He’s no longer in Boyd Co or the 16th region. Allow the man to get on with his life.
You don’t have to believe it but in the phone conversation, Mays mentioned how he almost got the Russell kid to go to Ashland. That kid ended up 16th region POY. My problem with this Mays situation is how he has tried to play a victim through it. It was obvious he was recruiting and someone busted him. Own up to it and say my bad. Instead he has still tried to play a victim, even in his letter he wrote for taking the MoCo job. That letter showed it will be the same situation at Montgomery with kids coming in, only he has had time to figure out a better way to communicate to get it done.
I don’t believe it. Especially the $5,000 mentioned. He probably got caught up in his conversation and some of what he said is exaggerated. But if he was the great recruiter everyone is trying to make him appear to be he was sure bad at the trade. Only 3 players that played varsity in 4 years. And there’s not one shred of evidence that any of the 3 were recruited. From what I understand they all came  on their own choice because of the success of the Ashland program. Just because a kid transfers doesn’t mean he/she was recruited.
But while we are discussing it here, recruiting has gone on all over the state in nearly every school at one time or the other. Last year’s state champs only had 1 starter that was from Clark Co. This year’s girls Clark Co team had the same setup, according to one of their fans at the state tournament, only 1 starter that was from the county. It’s my understanding that Lyon County’s roster is mostly kids from surrounding counties, including their star player. I saw yesterday where an eighth grade phenom guard from Male announced her decision to attend Sacred Heart and join Zikyra Johnson, herself a transplant from Shelby County. 
I’m not making excuses that these things are right because everyone else is doing it, but let’s be real, it happens… and a lot. All around. You guys act like Jason Mays is the first coach to ever get a transfer. If he enticed players to come to Ashland (which I don’t believe he did and if he did he wasn’t the one who made first contact) then he has been penalized and paid the price of his misstep by loss of his Ashland coaching position. So he’s moved on and will learn from his mistakes. In my opinion any school in the state would be fortunate to have Coach Mays on their staff. I think he will be very successful at Montgomery County and I’m happy for him and his family. And he is now closer to his parents and his wife’s parents. Good luck to him going forward.
(03-14-2023, 02:20 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
I don’t believe a word of your accusation about Mays and the Russell kid. But coming from you, who has fed more misinformation and distortions into this story than any poster on here I can totally understand. You have a personal hatred for Mays that’s is eating you from the inside out, simply because someone in your family wasn’t good enough to play varsity minutes for him. Which is a selfish reason but so be it. You have tried your best to make him look as if he is calling parents to try convince them to transfer kids to Ashland and he didn’t do that. I’m not saying parents didn’t contact him or boosters but I don’t know. But he wasn’t on the phone with a notepad list of kids to attempt to talk into transferring. If he is the big recruiter you pretend he is he sure is very lame at it because in four years of coaching at the school he had just 3 players that actually played meaningful minutes. What does that average out to, less than 1 player a year while he was there. To find the big time recruiters, girls and boys, you will need to check out about a hundred plus other programs throughout the state. Especially in Jefferson County. Players hop from one school to another in that county like it’s a pin-ball machine. Players transfer all over the state and yes, the parents or guardians are talking in advance to coaches and boosters and others before they enroll, they’re  just not secretly taped. If you think they’re not you are completely naive and have your head buried in the sand. I’ve followed basketball in Kentucky since the 1960s and know what I’m talking about. You’ve used this one tape to make Jason the whipping boy of all transfers, legal or illegal, throughout the state. Well, now he’s gone but you are still hounding him on this social platform. He’s made mistakes and he paid for it with loss of his coaching position. He’s no longer in Boyd Co or the 16th region. Allow the man to get on with his life.
You don’t have to believe it but in the phone conversation, Mays mentioned how he almost got the Russell kid to go to Ashland. That kid ended up 16th region POY. My problem with this Mays situation is how he has tried to play a victim through it. It was obvious he was recruiting and someone busted him. Own up to it and say my bad. Instead he has still tried to play a victim, even in his letter he wrote for taking the MoCo job. That letter showed it will be the same situation at Montgomery with kids coming in, only he has had time to figure out a better way to communicate to get it done.
I don’t believe it. Especially the $5,000 mentioned. He probably got caught up in his conversation and some of what he said is exaggerated. But if he was the great recruiter everyone is trying to make him appear to be he was sure bad at the trade. Only 3 players that played varsity in 4 years. And there’s not one shred of evidence that any of the 3 were recruited. From what I understand they all came  on their own choice because of the success of the Ashland program. Just because a kid transfers doesn’t mean he/she was recruited.
But while we are discussing it here, recruiting has gone on all over the state in nearly every school at one time or the other. Last year’s state champs only had 1 starter that was from Clark Co. This year’s girls Clark Co team had the same setup, according to one of their fans at the state tournament, only 1 starter that was from the county. It’s my understanding that Lyon County’s roster is mostly kids from surrounding counties, including their star player. I saw yesterday where an eighth grade phenom guard from Male announced her decision to attend Sacred Heart and join Zikyra Johnson, herself a transplant from Shelby County. 
I’m not making excuses that these things are right because everyone else is doing it, but let’s be real, it happens… and a lot. All around. You guys act like Jason Mays is the first coach to ever get a transfer. If he enticed players to come to Ashland (which I don’t believe he did and if he did he wasn’t the one who made first contact) then he has been penalized and paid the price of his misstep by loss of his Ashland coaching position. So he’s moved on and will learn from his mistakes. In my opinion any school in the state would be fortunate to have Coach Mays on their staff. I think he will be very successful at Montgomery County and I’m happy for him and his family. And he is now closer to his parents and his wife’s parents. Good luck to him going forward.
If you don’t believe it. Think it is all a lie. Ask the Administration or the Khsaa for the investigation. It’s in black and white. Don’t take anyone’s word on it. If you really want to know the truth. See how honest the administration is forthcoming. I don’t like opinions. Just facts. The audio is the tip of the iceberg. The investigation was sent out to numerous 16th region schools. MOCO knows what they are getting. They just have to hope he can out recruit Cook!

(03-14-2023, 10:21 AM)Ky1976 Wrote:
Hilarious,  but given the situation of the coaching staff at Russell and Boyd they should’ve took it.  Lol

(03-13-2023, 04:02 PM)Thrillex Wrote: Be interesting see what kind of job they gave his wife.

Ashland and Boyd split. 2-2. Russell 0-1. 
I like coach Bonner, he had it dialed in game 1 at Boyd. Kids played well, handled the hype, and executed. Game 2 and 3. We got handled and was down 18 in game 2 and 16 in game three at on point. Game 4 Boyd Co best player was obviously hurt if you watched the game. I hate to take advantage of a team not at full strength due to injuries. We had lost twice in 13 days to Boyd. I do we were fortunate enough to take advantage of that

(03-14-2023, 07:32 PM)16thregionballer Wrote:
If you don’t believe it. Think it is all a lie. Ask the Administration or the Khsaa for the investigation. It’s in black and white. Don’t take anyone’s word on it. If you really want to know the truth. See how honest the administration is forthcoming. I don’t like opinions. Just facts. The audio is the tip of the iceberg. The investigation was sent out to numerous 16th region schools. MOCO knows what they are getting. They just have to hope he can out recruit Cook!

I like coach Bonner, he had it dialed in game 1 at Boyd. Kids played well, handled the hype, and executed. Game 2 and 3. We got handled and was down 18 in game 2 and 16 in game three at on point. Game 4 Boyd Co best player was obviously hurt if you watched the game. I hate to take advantage of a team not at full strength due to injuries. We had lost twice in 13 days to Boyd. I do think we were fortunate enough to take advantage of that
This is craziness, JM is gone and you keep bashing him and how Boyd would’ve won if the best player was hurt. You like Bonner, I don’t think you know how to like anyone but yourself and son. Take him to Boyd County cause you would fit in with the rest of the dads. IDIOTS

I like coach Bonner, he had it dialed in game 1 at Boyd. Kids played well, handled the hype, and executed. Game 2 and 3. We got handled and was down 18 in game 2 and 16 in game three at on point. Game 4 Boyd Co best player was obviously hurt if you watched the game. I hate to take advantage of a team not at full strength due to injuries. We had lost twice in 13 days to Boyd. I do we were fortunate enough to take advantage of that

(03-14-2023, 12:00 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I don’t believe a word of your accusation about Mays and the Russell kid. But coming from you, who has fed more misinformation and distortions into this story than any poster on here I can totally understand. You have a personal hatred for Mays that’s is eating you from the inside out, simply because someone in your family wasn’t good enough to play varsity minutes for him. Which is a selfish reason but so be it. You have tried your best to make him look as if he is calling parents to try convince them to transfer kids to Ashland and he didn’t do that. I’m not saying parents didn’t contact him or boosters but I don’t know. But he wasn’t on the phone with a notepad list of kids to attempt to talk into transferring. If he is the big recruiter you pretend he is he sure is very lame at it because in four years of coaching at the school he had just 3 players that actually played meaningful minutes. What does that average out to, less than 1 player a year while he was there. To find the big time recruiters, girls and boys, you will need to check out about a hundred plus other programs throughout the state. Especially in Jefferson County. Players hop from one school to another in that county like it’s a pin-ball machine. Players transfer all over the state and yes, the parents or guardians are talking in advance to coaches and boosters and others before they enroll, they’re  just not secretly taped. If you think they’re not you are completely naive and have your head buried in the sand. I’ve followed basketball in Kentucky since the 1960s and know what I’m talking about. You’ve used this one tape to make Jason the whipping boy of all transfers, legal or illegal, throughout the state. Well, now he’s gone but you are still hounding him on this social platform. He’s made mistakes and he paid for it with loss of his coaching position. He’s no longer in Boyd Co or the 16th region. Allow the man to get on with his life.

I like coach Bonner, he had it dialed in game 1 at Boyd. Kids played well, handled the hype, and executed. Game 2 and 3. We got handled and was down 18 in game 2 and 16 in game three at on point. Game 4 Boyd Co best player was obviously hurt if you watched the game. I hate to take advantage of a team not at full strength due to injuries. We had lost twice in 13 days to Boyd. I do think we were fortunate enough to take advantage of that
Coach Anderson may have helped us out tremendously in aiding us to win the region. Boyd had several cancelled games in the first half and then RA loaded up the second half with make up games. Boyd played nine games from Feb 2 through Feb 13 or 14. Then I think on Feb 21 we started the district play. It was no wonder some of those kids was limping. With a team like Boyd had, a coach should not in my opinion load your schedule in the back half leading into tournament. In our championship game their legs was gone from tip off. Their 3 point shots was not even close. Those boys was to beat up and tired to run with us. I don’t believe a coach like Mays would do that, but I may be wrong.
(03-14-2023, 08:23 PM)16thfan Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 12:00 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I don’t believe a word of your accusation about Mays and the Russell kid. But coming from you, who has fed more misinformation and distortions into this story than any poster on here I can totally understand. You have a personal hatred for Mays that’s is eating you from the inside out, simply because someone in your family wasn’t good enough to play varsity minutes for him. Which is a selfish reason but so be it. You have tried your best to make him look as if he is calling parents to try convince them to transfer kids to Ashland and he didn’t do that. I’m not saying parents didn’t contact him or boosters but I don’t know. But he wasn’t on the phone with a notepad list of kids to attempt to talk into transferring. If he is the big recruiter you pretend he is he sure is very lame at it because in four years of coaching at the school he had just 3 players that actually played meaningful minutes. What does that average out to, less than 1 player a year while he was there. To find the big time recruiters, girls and boys, you will need to check out about a hundred plus other programs throughout the state. Especially in Jefferson County. Players hop from one school to another in that county like it’s a pin-ball machine. Players transfer all over the state and yes, the parents or guardians are talking in advance to coaches and boosters and others before they enroll, they’re  just not secretly taped. If you think they’re not you are completely naive and have your head buried in the sand. I’ve followed basketball in Kentucky since the 1960s and know what I’m talking about. You’ve used this one tape to make Jason the whipping boy of all transfers, legal or illegal, throughout the state. Well, now he’s gone but you are still hounding him on this social platform. He’s made mistakes and he paid for it with loss of his coaching position. He’s no longer in Boyd Co or the 16th region. Allow the man to get on with his life.

(03-14-2023, 10:01 AM)TribeTime Wrote: You don’t have to believe it but in the phone conversation, Mays mentioned how he almost got the Russell kid to go to Ashland. That kid ended up 16th region POY. My problem with this Mays situation is how he has tried to play a victim through it. It was obvious he was recruiting and someone busted him. Own up to it and say my bad. Instead he has still tried to play a victim, even in his letter he wrote for taking the MoCo job. That letter showed it will be the same situation at Montgomery with kids coming in, only he has had time to figure out a better way to communicate to get it done.

Coach Anderson may have helped us out tremendously in aiding us to win the region. Boyd had several cancelled games in the first half and then RA loaded up the second half with make up games. Boyd played nine games from Feb 2 through Feb 13 or 14. Then I think on Feb 21 we started the district play. It was no wonder some of those kids was limping. With a team like Boyd had, a coach should not in my opinion load your schedule in the back half leading into tournament. In our championship game their legs was gone from tip off. Their 3 point shots was not even close. Those boys was to beat up and tired to run with us. I don’t believe a coach like Mays would do that, but I may be wrong.
Coach Anderson didn’t aid to anything.  Ashland shot the ball great, played defense great and the coaches had a great game plan.  That is why the Tomcats won the region.  Stop robbing the Ashland kids of the hard work and trip to Rupp.  It’s time for all the adults to give them the respect they deserve. Stop making excuses.  The better team won.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Appalachian Cat's post:
  • Ramcat77
(03-14-2023, 08:06 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: This is craziness,  JM is gone and you keep bashing him and how Boyd would’ve won if the best player was hurt.  You like Bonner,  I don’t think you know how to like anyone but yourself and son.  Take him to Boyd County cause you would fit in  with the rest of the dads.  IDIOTS
I’m not bashing Mays at all. I just said what he did. He bashed himself. No need me to dog pile on. I do like Bonner and he isn’t perfect either. No one is. I was just expressing my opinion about the games. Just saying we took advantage of the injuries of BC. IMO. That’s what good coaching does. You get to emotional about a simple opinion. Work on that before it controls you.
?
(03-14-2023, 08:51 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 10:01 AM)TribeTime Wrote: You don’t have to believe it but in the phone conversation, Mays mentioned how he almost got the Russell kid to go to Ashland. That kid ended up 16th region POY. My problem with this Mays situation is how he has tried to play a victim through it. It was obvious he was recruiting and someone busted him. Own up to it and say my bad. Instead he has still tried to play a victim, even in his letter he wrote for taking the MoCo job. That letter showed it will be the same situation at Montgomery with kids coming in, only he has had time to figure out a better way to communicate to get it done.

(03-14-2023, 02:20 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I don’t believe it. Especially the $5,000 mentioned. He probably got caught up in his conversation and some of what he said is exaggerated. But if he was the great recruiter everyone is trying to make him appear to be he was sure bad at the trade. Only 3 players that played varsity in 4 years. And there’s not one shred of evidence that any of the 3 were recruited. From what I understand they all came  on their own choice because of the success of the Ashland program. Just because a kid transfers doesn’t mean he/she was recruited.

(03-14-2023, 10:21 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: Hilarious,  but given the situation of the coaching staff at Russell and Boyd they should’ve took it.  Lol

Coach Anderson didn’t aid to anything.  Ashland shot the ball great, played defense great and the coaches had a great game plan.  That is why the Tomcats won the region.  Stop robbing the Ashland kids of the hard work and trip to Rupp.  It’s time for all the adults to give them the respect they deserve. Stop making excuses.  The better team won.
(03-14-2023, 08:51 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

(03-14-2023, 02:20 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: I don’t believe it. Especially the $5,000 mentioned. He probably got caught up in his conversation and some of what he said is exaggerated. But if he was the great recruiter everyone is trying to make him appear to be he was sure bad at the trade. Only 3 players that played varsity in 4 years. And there’s not one shred of evidence that any of the 3 were recruited. From what I understand they all came  on their own choice because of the success of the Ashland program. Just because a kid transfers doesn’t mean he/she was recruited.

(03-14-2023, 10:21 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: Hilarious,  but given the situation of the coaching staff at Russell and Boyd they should’ve took it.  Lol

Not trying to rob our boys from anything and we outplayed Boyd for four quarters. But if you think that team had fresh legs and injury free you must have been watching a different regional game. Maybe RA had another coach schedule those make up games, but who ever did messed up. Not saying they would have won but they could have played better. I believe if both teams played their best game we would beat them because they lack in coaching. No difference in last years game we lost at Rupp. If our leading scorer would have been on two good knees I believe we could have beat Cov Cath. Not taking anything from our tomcats. I have been a tomcat season ticket holder for both football and basketball for years. My daughter cheered for four years for the tomcats. No bigger fan than me but the truth is the truth. 
Coach A has been the problem no game plan change.