Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 7 - Lawrence County 3
Solid game all around. SV had good pitching but LC has some work to do at the plate. Game started out hot with LC scoring 3 runs and SV scoring 2 runs in the 1st inning. SV shutout LC after the 1st inning. SV took the lead in the 3rd inning with a 2 run HR. Game finished 7-3 SV

Lawrence County with 4 hits and 2 errors, Shelby Valley 7 hits 1 error.
A lot of folks surprised by this. Shelby Valley is a Dag on good baseball team with a lot of kids back from last year and younger guys with more experience. They are good and will be tough in the region. These kids all play baseball year round and after football season they are back to baseball because none play basketball.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Lawrence will be fine, they have a great coaching staff and will get it figured out. It’s super early! Congrats to SV on the win!
Lawrence County is young after losing 4 studs (3 of which were all region players the last 2 years) from last years team. They still return some great talent but a lot of it is young or guys that we’re stuck behind those 4 guys and hasn’t seen a lot of varsity action. They’ll need a little time to get their feet under themselves and some time for Feltner to mold them. When this happens LC will be fine. It’ll take a few games but they’ll be ready when it matters.
(03-16-2023, 08:56 AM)Spud6 Wrote: A lot of folks surprised by this. Shelby Valley is a Dag on good baseball team with a lot of kids back from last year and younger guys with more experience. They are good and will be tough in the region. These kids all play baseball year round and after football season they are back to baseball because none play basketball.
I agree. The game was no fluke. SV is the real deal. But LC definitely has some work to do at the plate but they will be fine come tournament time. There is no doubt LC is still capable of beating any team in the region. SV just looked well coached. They were fundamental on defense, had some good pitching, had some true power hitters in the lineup and good swings 1-9. The only question is, can they win when it counts. It’ll be an interesting season because the 15th region is wide open right now.
(03-16-2023, 08:56 AM)Spud6 Wrote: A lot of folks surprised by this. Shelby Valley is a Dag on good baseball team with a lot of kids back from last year and younger guys with more experience. They are good and will be tough in the region. These kids all play baseball year round and after football season they are back to baseball because none play basketball.
I agree. Shelby Valley will be very solid this year. I’m not sure they will be able to beat Pikeville when it really counts for district because of their pitching depth and solid defense. But they will be a tough out either way when region tournament rolls around regardless of being a district winner or runner-up.
I agree. Shelby Valley will be very solid this year. I’m not sure they will be able to beat Pikeville when it really counts for district because of their pitching depth and solid defense. But they will be a tough out either way when region tournament rolls around regardless of being a district winner or runner-up.
Great win for Shelby Valley on the road.