Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to Rowan County?
Rowan returned 8 starters from last year's State Final Four team, including both pitchers and yet failed to defend their 2A region title, district title, and now lose in the first round of the region tournament?
(05-28-2024, 10:34 AM)B.B. Wrote: Rowan returned 8 starters from last year's State Final Four team, including both pitchers and yet failed to defend their 2A region title, district title, and now lose in the first round of the region tournament?
Wow!  Rowan is a heck of a team to fall like that. Thought they were destined to make a run at the championship this year. Boyd must’ve caught them on the right day. The Vikings are still young and will definitely make another run at it next year I’m sure. Big surprise to lose though for this years team!!!
(05-29-2024, 05:41 PM)Lowdown Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 10:34 AM)B.B. Wrote: Rowan returned 8 starters from last year's State Final Four team, including both pitchers and yet failed to defend their 2A region title, district title, and now lose in the first round of the region tournament?
Wow!  Rowan is a heck of a team to fall like that. Thought they were destined to make a run at the championship this year. Boyd must’ve caught them on the right day. The Vikings are still young and will definitely make another run at it next year I’m sure. Big surprise to lose though for this years team!!!
Rowan lost to Raceland.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So according to my sources in Morehead, the Rowan coach retired last year and then recommended his assistant take over.  They kept all the assistants and promoted one to head coach and none of them had any head coaching experience and very little softball assistant coaching experience.  They told me that the team had no direction and other than having a good time there was no improvement from the beginning to end of the year.
I heard that they have a former head coach with high credientials teaching in the building.  Wonder why they wouldn't hire experience from within instead of going with inexperience outside the employment of the district?  Is this part of the good old buddy system at rowan that is talked about in other post?