Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Wildcat Football 2008
IMO --- Back 2 the sucky days again...Sad
Well, the Cats only lose 5 starters on offense and 3 on defense. Shouldn't be too bad if Hartline can step up and give a solid performance at QB
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:Well, the Cats only lose 5 starters on offense and 3 on defense. Shouldn't be too bad if Hartline can step up and give a solid performance at QB

I don't think Hartline will be the quarterback. IMO, Curtis Pulley will be the QB and Kentucky will be better than most predict, we return Tony Dixon, Alfonso Smith, and Derrick Locke. I like the odds at the halfback position, plus we return Dicky Lyons Jr, and DeMoreo Ford, at receivers. And if we land Aaron Boyd our receiving core will be very good. Our offensive line and defense will be much better, because I think we only lose two offensive linemen (Eric Williams, Jason Ledger). Defense returns the likes of Trevard Lindley, Marcus McClinton, Braxton Kelley, Jeremy Jarmon, Myron Pryor, Johnny Williams, Micah Johnson, and theres a few more than I cannot think of right now.

I honestly think we will return to another bowl next year for our third straight season, IMO it will be the Liberty Bowl or something like that but a bowl is a bowl.
Hopefully Pulley can get back in uniform for the cats...need to get out and recruit some O- Lineman and some D- backs
The O-line will be the most steady part of the UK football team for the next 4 or 5 years.

We will return to a bowl with Curtis Pulley at QB. Kyrus Lanxter may be poised to have a huge year next year at receiver. Our defense should be more improved. Overall i believe we will have a BETTER team next year then this year. We may lose our key skill players on offense, but the meat of this years team will be here for next years team also. Dont be surprised to see us up their contending for the East again next year.
I think there will be a summer battle for the starting QB spot. If Hartline can throw the ball accurately and shows he can move a lil better than what Woodson could do then he will get the nod. But Pulley having the year off might have somethign to prove.
I know that it seemed like everytime I listened to the Rich Brook Show, he is always praising Curtis Pulley, saying that while Pulley was on the scout team, that one week he played as Darren McFadden and in another week he was Tim Tebow. We all know that Pulley is no Tim Tebow or Darren McFadden, but thats still a great thing to say about such an athletic player.
The sad thing is..The starters we lose were our star players..

-Woodson
-Little
-Tammy
-Lyons (or is he a junior)?
-and one of our Safteys if im correct??
I hope Tebow transfers to UK.
RavenBoy Wrote:I hope Tebow transfers to UK.

yea but the chances of that are like all of us getting the same lottery ticket. lol
If...Then Wrote:yea but the chances of that are like all of us getting the same lottery ticket. lol
Smile True, Well I hope we get us a good QB.
UK may not be able to score in bunches next year, but we should not have a huge dropoff. Our running attack with Dixon, Smith, and Locke should be steady enough to play a ball-control type of offense. If Pulley or Hartline can develop a good chemistry with Lyons and whoever else at WR (Ford? Lanxter?) we will be that much better. The O-line should be solid with plenty of depth.

The defense doesn't lose much other than Woodyard. Hopefully either Braxton Kelly or Micah Johnson can move outside into his spot so both guys can be on the field at the same time. Other than that, our defense should be improved next year.

I think the Cats get back to a bowl again, but unless Pulley or Hartline has a breakout year, I see another 7-5 record and a trip to the Liberty Bowl.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:UK may not be able to score in bunches next year, but we should not have a huge dropoff. Our running attack with Dixon, Smith, and Locke should be steady enough to play a ball-control type of offense. If Pulley or Hartline can develop a good chemistry with Lyons and whoever else at WR (Ford? Lanxter?) we will be that much better. The O-line should be solid with plenty of depth.

The defense doesn't lose much other than Woodyard. Hopefully either Braxton Kelly or Micah Johnson can move outside into his spot so both guys can be on the field at the same time. Other than that, our defense should be improved next year.

I think the Cats get back to a bowl again, but unless Pulley or Hartline has a breakout year, I see another 7-5 record and a trip to the Liberty Bowl.

I agree 98% here with the exception of the Record and the Bowl Bid. UK has a mismatch schedule playing teams like Norfolk St, Akron, & Temple. Those Games are pretty much already wins. than comes Louisville at Louisville it will be a tough game but the Cats will take this one as UofL no longer has there pass threat Brian Brohm. We can Probally add Vandy to a list of wins for UK. Alabama at home will be easy they are going out on a 3 or 4 game loseing streek Cats will strugle but will make a good comeback and win that. Arkansas with Mcfadden but with Feilix Jones could be a Threat and with Coach Bobby Petrnio who knows UK very well will come in and upset Kentucky. For some reason Uk can not beat South Carolina, once again they will not beat them. Flordia+Tim Tebow= UK Lose simple as that. Mississippi St. we all rember what happend last year and on the road agnist them will be as tough but im looking for UK to win that one as they will not underestimate them. Georgia will be a tough team to play and I dont think Kentucky can play with them. And last but not least, Tennessee on the road I BELIEVE Kentucky can pull this one off with out overtime in Knoxville. An 8-5 record not much better than what you had down but with the wins they should have they should get a bid from a good bowl...Maybe the Chick-fil-A Bowl, Music City Bowl(hopefully not) Outback Bowl, or even the Cotton Bowl. The Cats will have a good year next year once again. GO CATS!!!
warriorpride Wrote:I agree 98% here with the exception of the Record and the Bowl Bid. UK has a mismatch schedule playing teams like Norfolk St, Akron, & Temple. Those Games are pretty much already wins. than comes Louisville at Louisville it will be a tough game but the Cats will take this one as UofL no longer has there pass threat Brian Brohm. We can Probally add Vandy to a list of wins for UK. Alabama at home will be easy they are going out on a 3 or 4 game loseing streek Cats will strugle but will make a good comeback and win that. Arkansas with Mcfadden but with Feilix Jones could be a Threat and with Coach Bobby Petrnio who knows UK very well will come in and upset Kentucky. For some reason Uk can not beat South Carolina, once again they will not beat them. Flordia+Tim Tebow= UK Lose simple as that. Mississippi St. we all rember what happend last year and on the road agnist them will be as tough but im looking for UK to win that one as they will not underestimate them. Georgia will be a tough team to play and I dont think Kentucky can play with them. And last but not least, Tennessee on the road I BELIEVE Kentucky can pull this one off with out overtime in Knoxville. An 8-5 record not much better than what you had down but with the wins they should have they should get a bid from a good bowl...Maybe the Chick-fil-A Bowl, Music City Bowl(hopefully not) Outback Bowl, or even the Cotton Bowl. The Cats will have a good year next year once again. GO CATS!!!

First, a couple of corrections:

1) UK only plays 12 regular-season games, so the only way they end up 8-5 is if you are counting a victory or loss in a bowl game. If you are assuming UK wins their bowl, then you are predicting a 7-5 regular season just like me. The other way they end up 8-5 is with a 8-4 regular season and a bowl loss.

2) The game with Alabama is not at home next year, the Cats must hit the road for this one.

Now, if UK does indeed go 8-4 in the regular season, I would agree that they likely would get a better bowl destination than Nashville or Memphis, probably either the Chik-Fil-A or Outback bowls.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:First, a couple of corrections:

1) UK only plays 12 regular-season games, so the only way they end up 8-5 is if you are counting a victory or loss in a bowl game. If you are assuming UK wins their bowl, then you are predicting a 7-5 regular season just like me. The other way they end up 8-5 is with a 8-4 regular season and a bowl loss.

2) The game with Alabama is not at home next year, the Cats must hit the road for this one.

Now, if UK does indeed go 8-4 in the regular season, I would agree that they likely would get a better bowl destination than Nashville or Memphis, probably either the Chik-Fil-A or Outback bowls.

Thank you for correcting me I ment a 7-5 season and about the Alabama game.
Well, I do hate losing Little, but IMO Locke will step right in and do as good or better as Little. We haven't had him it seems like half the year anyways. I wish Lonniw Dewalt would come back to UK and we gain Boyd in the recruiting along with the Wes Welker of college football in Lyons Jr. Defense will be as good as it has been in a VERY LONG TIME! Pulley had Woodson beat out 2 years ago, so he is no slouch and can actually run if needed which adds a great addition to a very dangerous offense as is anyways. I say back to a bowl FOR SURE! GO CATS IN '08!