Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are We Corbin Fans Just a Bunch of Delusional , Ungrateful people ???
I gather from the comments on here the past three years that there are a lot of people that think us Old Hounds on here are just ungrateful bast#rds, who whine about coaches and school officials, despite records like 46-5  and state final runner-up finishes.  Are my senses correct? Is that what you think?

People point to Greer's 46-5 record and say to us that we are miserable, whiny b!tch#s. How could we possibly complain, you say, with a program that most schools would die for?  I have talked ad nauseum about the 46-5.  Only about 6 of those games were against teams with talent on par with the Hounds. Greer was 1-5 in those games, all five of those losses being season exit games.

My issue is not so much with the lack of state titles for 42 gee dam years, although when it has been that long you know the problem is not just bad luck , but a systemic flaw. And us old hounds on here know precisely what that systemic problem involves.  Good Ol' Boy politics run rampant has castrated the program. Nepotism,  daddy ball, egotism, personal agenda, varsity club meddling, influence peddling bullsh!t has run amok in Corbin for decades. The program has suffered because of it.  I think the other Hounds on here will back up what I'm saying.  On the surface, it might look like we are whiny b@st#rds but there is real substance to our complaining.

Call me an ungrateful b@st#rd to my face if you want. It won't hurt my feelings. Maybe I am a crazy ol' b@sta#d in need of therapy. Regardless, it doesn't make what I've said any less factual. Corbin has a real problem and that problem isn't gonna completely go away until the REAL dirty ol' b@sta#ds start dying on.  And to quote the one woman who loved me more than any other, "I'll sh#t and p!ss on their graves" when they're gone.  A lot of Corbin will. I don't respect criminals like Jewell, Cox, Hart, Foley, Cleary, Taylor and others.

No one on this site knows Corbin more than Old School. I was conceived in a two-toned '58 Mercury owned by my dad in the parking lot of motel in downtown , years before the Civil Rights Act was enacted.  I've lived in seven different decades of this seedy little village of bast@rdom and I know what I'm talking about.

So, what do you think, are we just deluded ungrateful b@st#rds  who can't see the trees for the forest?  

A little later in the thread I might show you some real life Corbin b@st#ds look like.

Comments? Questions?  Let's get the ball rolling.
no you are just a turd.
^^^You are way out of line and should apologize at once. I'm the only one who can talk to him like that.
(05-31-2024, 07:34 PM)plantmanky Wrote: no you are just a turd.

Thank you so much for understanding. LOL  I would say you are a lost ball in high weeds... but I won't .   Wink
No I don’t think we are but at this point it’s all counterproductive and fodder for all the Corbin haters on the board….Luke Salmons is the HC and whether any of us like the hire or not he put in for an open job and got hired….He’s absolutely got the resume and experience for the job, there’s no reason as things stand not to get behind him and give him a chance to succeed here just like he has every where else he’s been…..You can still have admiration for Haddix, I do I’ll always be grateful for what he accomplished here, but it’s just not worked out to be the way some of us hoped it would…..What matters now is we’ve got a bunch of young men that are getting ready to suit up and represent us for the next 4 months, for some of them it will be the last time they get to play this wonderful sport….Time to get behind them and help them achieve everything they possibly can this year and look to the future…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • HighViz
(05-31-2024, 09:59 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: No I don’t think we are but at this point it’s all counterproductive and fodder for all the Corbin haters on the board….Luke Salmons is the HC and whether any of us like the hire or not he put in for an open job and got hired….He’s absolutely got the resume and experience for the job, there’s no reason as things stand not to get behind him and give him a chance to succeed here just like he has every where else he’s been…..You can still have admiration for Haddix, I do I’ll always be grateful for what he accomplished here, but it’s just not worked out to be the way some of us hoped it would…..What matters now is we’ve got a bunch of young men that are getting ready to suit up and represent us for the next 4 months, for some of them it will be the last time they get to play this wonderful sport….Time to get behind them and help them achieve everything they possibly can this year and look to the future…

I agree with all of this 100%. However, that doesn't mean I can't whine and opine about the injustices and utter corrupt nature and systemic failure of the process that's been in place for more than four decades in this town. G.O.B. politics has shattered my faith that Corbin can shake free from it's ghosts of the past. 

To get a glimpse of just how strong a hold Good Old Boy politics has on Corbin, one need to look no further than who was on the hiring committee to select the new coach :  Steve Jewell(an outgoing principal , mediocre coach, Haddix antagonist), Tom Turkey Greer(an outgoing coach who quit on his team in May / mediocre coach, Haddix antagonist ), Steve Hart(no elaboration needed for this crumb of a human) and Kim(just don't call me Walter) Cleary.  Unbelievable how Jewell and Greer get to determine who the new coach would be. That's Corbin for you, folks!!!

(05-31-2024, 07:34 PM)plantmanky Wrote: no you are just a turd.

Actually, I just play a quit-witted turd on here. It's role play.   In real life, I'm actually an obtuse , obfuscating bast#rd.
Delusional? YES !

Ungrateful ? For what. Corbin has not won anything in the last 40 years. The fact that Corbin fans would believe that they are perceived as being ungrateful circles back to the idea that they are in fact delusional.
(06-01-2024, 12:59 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: Delusional? YES !
[Image: https://www.billboard.com/wp-content/upl....jpg?w=650]
Ungrateful ? For what. Corbin has not won anything in the last 40 years. The fact that Corbin fans would believe that they are perceived as being ungrateful circles back to the idea that they are in fact delusional.

Go share some more needles, Iggy.
As Corbin fans, we're passionate and supportive of our team, but questioning our loyalty or gratitude isn't fair. Every fan base has diverse opinions, but our dedication is genuine. We celebrate victories and critique losses, aiming for improvement. Let's embrace our passion while respecting differing viewpoints within our community.
No. I would be pissed too if I thought my school had a legit shot to rewrite a wrong they had by letting go of the best coach in the state by bringing him back and didn’t due to personal issues but I’d give Salmons a chance. I think with him your no worse off than u was with greer. I think corbin remains top 5 in 4A this year regardless. Cross your fingers someone can upset the rebels and anything is possible then.
(05-31-2024, 07:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I gather from the comments on here the past three years that there are a lot of people that think us Old Hounds on here are just ungrateful bast#rds, who whine about coaches and school officials, despite records like 46-5  and state final runner-up finishes.  Are my senses correct? Is that what you think?

People point to Greer's 46-5 record and say to us that we are miserable, whiny b!tch#s. How could we possibly complain, you say, with a program that most schools would die for?  I have talked ad nauseum about the 46-5.  Only about 6 of those games were against teams with talent on par with the Hounds. Greer was 1-5 in those games, all five of those losses being season exit games.

My issue is not so much with the lack of state titles for 42 gee dam years, although when it has been that long you know the problem is not just bad luck , but a systemic flaw. And us old hounds on here know precisely what that systemic problem involves.  Good Ol' Boy politics run rampant has castrated the program. Nepotism,  daddy ball, egotism, personal agenda, varsity club meddling, influence peddling bullsh!t has run amok in Corbin for decades. The program has suffered because of it.  I think the other Hounds on here will back up what I'm saying.  On the surface, it might look like we are whiny b@st#rds but there is real substance to our complaining.

Call me an ungrateful b@st#rd to my face if you want. It won't hurt my feelings. Maybe I am a crazy ol' b@sta#d in need of therapy. Regardless, it doesn't make what I've said any less factual. Corbin has a real problem and that problem isn't gonna completely go away until the REAL dirty ol' b@sta#ds start dying on.  And to quote the one woman who loved me more than any other, "I'll sh#t and p!ss on their graves" when they're gone.  A lot of Corbin will. I don't respect criminals like Jewell, Cox, Hart, Foley, Cleary, Taylor and others.

No one on this site knows Corbin more than Old School. I was conceived in a two-toned '58 Mercury owned by my dad in the parking lot of motel in downtown , years before the Civil Rights Act was enacted.  I've lived in seven different decades of this seedy little village of bast@rdom and I know what I'm talking about.

So, what do you think, are we just deluded ungrateful b@st#rds  who can't see the trees for the forest?  

A little later in the thread I might show you some real life Corbin b@st#ds look like.

I’m neutral about Corbin and really couldn’t care less about the politics of the football program but it does get kind of old seeing a new post almost daily about the program when the message board is supposed to be for all programs in Kentucky.
(06-01-2024, 09:58 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(05-31-2024, 07:19 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I gather from the comments on here the past three years that there are a lot of people that think us Old Hounds on here are just ungrateful bast#rds, who whine about coaches and school officials, despite records like 46-5  and state final runner-up finishes.  Are my senses correct? Is that what you think?

I’m neutral about Corbin and really couldn’t care less about the politics of the football program but it does get kind of old seeing a new post almost daily about the program when the message board is supposed to be for all programs in Kentucky.

Any member can create a thread about the school they would like to make a comment about.
(06-01-2024, 12:59 AM)Iggyfan Wrote: Delusional? YES !

I know plenty of facts. I'm not delusional. There are some things that are just the truth. We do live in a manipulated world where if you say anything today, the world tries to cancel you out. I'm not a bit for cancel culture. I do love the Corbin program. I hate politics. Especially in Corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • shottaker23
Mods please clean up all this Corbin crap. Nobody here worships them. They aren’t nothing special. This crap is ridiculous.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Desperado888's post:
  • insideinfo
(06-01-2024, 10:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Any member can create a thread about the school they would like to make a comment about.
I understand that but do we really need 10 different threads complaining about the same thing?
(06-01-2024, 11:49 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(06-01-2024, 10:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I understand that but do we really need 10 different threads complaining about the same thing?

As I will agree with you. You are not wrong. Here is how I view it. If a user wants to make a new thread, then go for it. If people are communicating and clicking on it then no doubt it is getting traffic and reactions. I start alot of threads myself when I do the games and schedules of other teams in the state and sometimes, they don't even get a comment and many views at all. So I personally don't mind what you guys post as long as its within the rules. Keep in mind, you have to be responsible for your own post. So be careful in what you say. But at the same time, BGR has given each user a right to have opinions and basically say what they feel like they need to say. Thats everyone. The only thing the rules states is not to go at each other and try to expose each other and keep the talk in a legal manner and not at the athletes in a manner that isn't appropriate. Thats just my view. You see me constantly talking on threads and having my own opinions. The only time I get aggressive is when a statement about a kid, coaches' wife or someone trying to expose someone or themselves and then I will lay the hammer down. But I don't pay much attention to the rest of what those comment, I let the other mods determine that. But down the road, some changes may be coming and when it does, they will let me know how to proceed properly. Until then, that's how I roll.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Orange Blaze
Yes