Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Harlan County 62 Corbin 48 (13th Region Championship)
Final from the Corbin Arena.

Corbin jumped out early but it was all Harlan County from the last two minutes of the first half forward. Harlan started slow, but once Huff got rolling and some of the Bears' complimentary players started knocking down open looks, the Hounds began going away from what they were able to do early (physicality, effective doubles, limiting Harlan to one shot). Things went steadily downhill from there for the Hounds.

Noah will get to finish his career in Rupp. The Black Bears will make the second trip in the new school's history and get the winner of the 4th Region.
Cam Carmical led that first team to Rupp. He's on the Black Bear bench as assistant coach tonight. This team has his half brother and first cousin on it. Must be a family thing.

Congratulations Black Bears!!! You earned and deserved every blessed second of this!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Hi Risk Warrior
Corbin finishes region runner ups in basketball and football. At least this one didn’t cost them two trucks, a sold soul, and more money.
Congratulations Harlan County Black Bears
(03-11-2024, 09:45 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Corbin finishes region runner ups in basketball and football. At least this one didn’t cost them two trucks, a sold soul, and more money.
Still oozing with jealousy , I see.  Corbin had the best football team in the state. Fun season. How did your team fare? 

As for the BB team, they weren't very good. Corbin and Clay would have been a good championship game. HC was clearly better than pretenders like Corbin or Clay.  Goof luck going forward , Black Ursus. Win the whole damn thing!!!

Unlike the Corbin-Boyle football game, the best team really did win tonight.
Corbin=4th best team in the 13th region. Not too bad for a football school. Good athletes just not very good basketball players.
(03-11-2024, 09:42 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Cam  Carmical led that first team to Rupp.  He's on the Black Bear bench as assistant coach tonight.  This team has his half brother and first cousin on it.  Must be a family thing.

Congratulations Black Bears!!!  You earned and deserved every blessed second of this!!!

Congrats, Granny Bear.  Your brother has to be looking down with a smile on his face.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Granny Bear
My brother is beaming right now Westy, and thank you for saying that. Very sweet and thoughtful of you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Waitaminute
So glad to see HC win it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gladiator Man's post:
  • Granny Bear
Congratulations Harlan Co! I'll be cheering you guys on the rest of the way.

Proud of the Corbin boys, I'll miss this Senior class of players as they graduate soon. they have been competitors in multiple sports and also have been great examples for the younger generation watching them. Zander Curry and some of these players most importantly have been active with First Priority and FCA and have lead a lot of kids to Christ during their time playing HS sports. I know every school has these type kids that deserve praise, but I'm proud of my home team.
[-] The following 2 users Like Son of the Alamo's post:
  • Granny Bear, Nygfan106wins
Congratulations, Harlan Black Bears, I had you picked all along! ;) Good luck at Rupp, bring it
home to the 13th Region. I will be at Rupp supporting you. Great season, great championship
games, enjoyed watching your team play!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • Granny Bear
(03-12-2024, 12:26 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 09:45 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Corbin finishes region runner ups in basketball and football. At least this one didn’t cost them two trucks, a sold soul, and more money.
Still oozing with jealousy , I see.  Corbin had the best football team in the state. Fun season. How did your team fare? 

As for the BB team, they weren't very good. Corbin and Clay would have been a good championship game. HC was clearly better than pretenders like Corbin or Clay.  Goof luck going forward , Black Ursus. Win the whole damn thing!!!

Unlike the Corbin-Boyle football game, the best team really did win tonight.

Nothing makes me jealous like a region runner up. Can't stand it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waitaminute's post:
  • Granny Bear
Please keep posts on topic. This thread is not about Corbin football.
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Nygfan106wins, Son of the Alamo, Waitaminute