Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson says he won't attend team functions, demands trade
Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson left no room for doubt Wednesday: He wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengal function -- mandatory or voluntary.

What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by quarterback Carson Palmer that indicated Johnson had told Palmer he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson said. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson is skipping the team's offseason workouts as he tries to push for a trade. But the Bengals have also made it clear that they have no plans of trading him.

The Pro Bowl wide receiver said he was surprised by Palmer's comments about his possibly reporting to mandatory camp.

"I wish he would stay out of my business,'' Johnson said.

Discuss and post your comments
I could him see him in a packers uniform and I wouldnt be surprised if the patriots tried to trade there draft pick and som other players for him,
I wish the Bengals would trade him, I've lost total respect for the guy. The Bengals need some defensive players, so if I were them I'd be going after some defensive playmakers.
He will be in a Bengals uniform next year. It all comes down to the money and he isn't going to miss out on a paycheck. This is basically the same situation that the Bears delt with last year with Lance Briggs.
The Broncos need a good reciever. I hope they can get him, but I kinda doubt they will.
I think its funny that all of drew rosenhaus's clients all have done this i mean this guys seems like more of an infection than an agent i mean look @ what TO did in Philly.
I wish they would just trade him, everyone would be better off.
vundy33 Wrote:I wish they would just trade him, everyone would be better off.

Including your Browns, because they wouldnt have to try to cover him...LOL.. Cool
At first I understood his complaints about Cincy. But now it seems that it may just be him and not the team.
I don't think I could ever dislike a player more than I do Chad Johnson. He makes me absolutely sick and I would love to see them trade him to a team worst then the Bengals.
Chad Johnson is a summary of everything that is wrong with the Bengals. He plays for the name on the back of the jersey and not on the front. If the Bengals are interested in putting together a winning team then they should part ways with him. If they don't then everyone will know that selling tickets and merchindise revenue is more important than quality football.
Super-Card Wrote:Chad Johnson is a summary of everything that is wrong with the Bengals. He plays for the name on the back of the jersey and not on the front. If the Bengals are interested in putting together a winning team then they should part ways with him. If they don't then everyone will know that selling tickets and merchindise revenue is more important than quality football.
Chad Johnson is nothing like that. What started him being unhappy in Cincy was the criticisim he got after this past season. His numbers were low and yes he was not happy about that, but then after some comments coming from the front office made him out to be the scapegoat for their bad season he got mad. Things went sour from there. Then after Cincy failed to make moves that would make them more competitive, according to Johnson, he wanted out. He wanted to go somewhere that would be a contender. Cincy's record has been getting worse the past 3 seasons.
Now it seems his agent has got into his head and that is sad. Johnson was one of the more entertaing players in the league. He used to be about the team , now I dont know.

By the way I am not a Bengals fan.
HazzBeen Wrote:I don't think I could ever dislike a player more than I do Chad Johnson. He makes me absolutely sick and I would love to see them trade him to a team worst then the Bengals.

Exactly how I feel. A total flake and cancer.
Jshort5 Wrote:Including your Browns, because they wouldnt have to try to cover him...LOL.. Cool

Good one...Wink
I will gladly accept him in philly well give them sheldon brown one of are starting cb's last year and a couple of our draft picks. God please let this happen.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Chad Johnson is nothing like that. What started him being unhappy in Cincy was the criticisim he got after this past season. His numbers were low and yes he was not happy about that, but then after some comments coming from the front office made him out to be the scapegoat for their bad season he got mad. Things went sour from there. Then after Cincy failed to make moves that would make them more competitive, according to Johnson, he wanted out. He wanted to go somewhere that would be a contender. Cincy's record has been getting worse the past 3 seasons.
Now it seems his agent has got into his head and that is sad. Johnson was one of the more entertaing players in the league. He used to be about the team , now I dont know.

By the way I am not a Bengals fan.

Good post.