Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament
Does anyone know where the 15th Region tournament is being held this year? I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Thanks.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Does anyone know where the 15th Region tournament is being held this year? I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Thanks.

East Ridge
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Does anyone know where the 15th Region tournament is being held this year? I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Thanks.

The 15th Region tournament will be held @ East Ridge. From what I am hearing the dates will be May 26th, 27th, and the championship will be held on Wednesday the 28th. This is the first time in awhile that I remember then having it three days in a row. There is usually a day in between the 2nd round and the championship.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The 15th Region tournament will be held @ East Ridge. From what I am hearing the dates will be May 26th, 27th, and the championship will be held on Wednesday the 28th. This is the first time in awhile that I remember then having it three days in a row. There is usually a day in between the 2nd round and the championship.

I think maybe it gives a clear advantage to a team if they get rest... A team with only one real good pitcher can throw him and if they get out to a lead then pull him and have him for the 2nd round or the championship... but then again playing 3 high pressure baseball games in a row is not easy
Bosox Fan Wrote:I think maybe it gives a clear advantage to a team if they get rest... A team with only one real good pitcher can throw him and if they get out to a lead then pull him and have him for the 2nd round or the championship... but then again playing 3 high pressure baseball games in a row is not easy

I love the three games in a row. I think 9 times out of 10 the truly better team will win the tournament because you will have to use your top few pitchers, and you wouldn't be able to pitch your ace twice unless you just trampled on a team in the first round. You have to have a mentally tough team to win three high profile games in a row like you would have to do in a tournament like this. I think because of this set up it is unlikely that any other team beside Paintsville and LC will win it, unless there is an upset in the district. Mainly because no one else in the 15th has the pitching staff that these two have. This should be the second or third year in a row that we would have an all 57th district regional final. Wasn't Sheldon Clark and Paintsville in the finals 2 years ago as well?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I love the three games in a row. I think 9 times out of 10 the truly better team will win the tournament because you will have to use your top few pitchers, and you wouldn't be able to pitch your ace twice unless you just trampled on a team in the first round. You have to have a mentally tough team to win three high profile games in a row like you would have to do in a tournament like this. I think because of this set up it is unlikely that any other team beside Paintsville and LC will win it, unless there is an upset in the district. Mainly because no one else in the 15th has the pitching staff that these two have. This should be the second or third year in a row that we would have an all 57th district regional final. Wasn't Sheldon Clark and Paintsville in the finals 2 years ago as well?

Yes ....at Pike Central.
KHSAA Blue Wrote:Yes ....at Pike Central.

Does Pike Central still have the sectional tournament? I had heard rumors they weren't hosting it anymore.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Does Pike Central still have the sectional tournament? I had heard rumors they weren't hosting it anymore.

I've heard the same rumors but so far, it's officially still at PC...
KHSAA Blue Wrote:I've heard the same rumors but so far, it's officially still at PC...

From what I have heard it is already a done deal they just haven't announced it yet.
Sectionals semi state are at Lawrence Co. from what we were told. I could be wrong.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Sectionals semi state are at Lawrence Co. from what we were told. I could be wrong.

Is that official? Cause on the website they still have it down as Pike Central hosting it.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Is that official? Cause on the website they still have it down as Pike Central hosting it.
Well I was told by several around LC that it will be held there. So I really dont know until it happens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Back on topic please...this thread is about the 15th Region Tournament.

Start a Sectional thread if you'd like.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Back on topic please...this thread is about the 15th Region Tournament.

Start a Sectional thread if you'd like.

The original question was regarding to where the tournament was being held. After that initial question was answered there is nothing else to talk about. The sectional tournament is apart of the 15th region and since the original question, which started this thread, was answered I didn't feel there was anything wrong with adressing that question as well. I am Sorry, but I don't think there is anything else this thread was about besides wondering where the tournament location was going to be.