Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America, Let's Never Find Out
Beetle01 Wrote:Okay what are the major reasons our economy is faltering right now?

How about eight years of trickle down economics? Of course, the natural business cycle was at the root of economic growth under Bill Clinton? Who, by the way, was on Letterman last night and who, by the way, still shows more grasp and ability to communicate about the economy than any national leader I've ever heard.
The correct answer is NAFTA and the current credit/mortgage crisis. Both instituted by who? Democrats.

NAFTA made the 90's great, but we are paying for it now. Our economy was on the rise, the internet was fresh and brought economic change. With NAFTA having been instituted it allowed a massive amount of cheap goods to come into the country. Thus giving an economic boost. However, since then jobs have been leaving the states and heading overseas, where companies can make a product for 10% of the cost, or cheaper but sell it at the same price here.

The mortgage crisis was brought on by terrible lending practices forced upon by the Clinton administration. There are currently 5 million loans in default which are held by illegal immigrants. I have hard working friends who are married with a kid on the way and both have good jobs and they struggle to get a decent loan for a home. Yet somehow illegal immigrants can get them easily.

12 times since 2002 the Republicans have tried to pass legislation to investigate and reform Fannie and Freddie, but dems blocked it. 12 times, and yet we want to blame Bush. lol, Bush has alot of faults and I don't like him all that much, but to put the blame on him for this is beyond ridiculous. However, you libs struggle with looking at the facts.
NAFTA was Bush 41's idea before Clinton got it passed.....Just so ya know........
DevilsWin Wrote:NAFTA was Bush 41's idea before Clinton got it passed.....Just so ya know........

I know, but who got it passed? Who praised it like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread?
thecavemaster Wrote:Let us say that you were to click on moveon.org. Would you trust the facts there? There are no facts, in a sense. There is only each person's perception of reality, which is shaped by heredity, environment, and personal response (And god knows what else). Face the fact that facts and truth lie in the eyes of what is needed to believe. It is a human trait that knows no party affiliation. So, please, stop with the "click on this or you willingly keep your eyes blind to truth" garbage.
I hope to god you never run for any office.
Old School Wrote:There you go again, babbling about smear tatics which is being used by both Obama and McCain campaigns,.....Funny that in your post you never denied any of the points brought up in the ad?

Refresh my memory DW, on several occasions you have come out and said that all of our nations problems are the fault of the Republicans, and your tired of lies and double talk. Talk about being hypocritical!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I tell you, liberals are for first amendment rights (speech, assembly, protest) only if you agree with them. Otherwise, it is Katy bar the door!
RavenBoy Wrote:I hope to god you never run for any office.

In that regard, back at you. Are you suggesting that heredity, environment and personal response are not the shapers of perception of reality? Or that that understanding disqualifies one for office?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote::rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I tell you, liberals are for first amendment rights (speech, assembly, protest) only if you agree with them. Otherwise, it is Katy bar the door!

This is, of course, true in some cases, but flatly false in others. The first amendment protects all groups, unless they yell "fire" in a crowded theatre: Ku Klux Klan, Black Panthers, Operation Rescue, John Birch Society... whatever, whomever.
Beetle01 Wrote:I know, but who got it passed? Who praised it like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread?
Bush 41 and Bill Clinton.

If you're gonna post something at least make the case with all the information rather than just the information that suits your argument.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote::rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Hate speech and intollerance is protected by the 1st Ammenment but that doesn't mean We can't challenge the rhetoric.

Get a grip!
It seems to me that cavemaster is the only one that knows what they are talking about in this argument. Here is my take on everything. I dont care either way about who wins. I am an Obama supporter but in truth, it really doesnt matter who wins, this country is so screwed up, it will take years to fix it, that is if it is even repairable. Bush put this country so far behind, theres no coming back, not in my eyes anyway. The truth is, when it comes down to it, the USA sucks. The leaders of this country want what every other power nation wants; all the power. They want to control the world. Case in point, why is it that the USA is allowed to have nuclear weapons (AKA WMD's), but yet they order every other country to get rid of theirs. Or as in the case of Iraq, they accuse them of having them, only to be proven wrong and start a war that is in my opinion worse than Vietnam. Its all about controlling people in this country, the more they control, the more they can get away with. People in this country are too stupid to realize that they are being brainwashed and bent over and told to take it hard. Not me, I know how screwed up it is, and could care less what happens. The world wont be standing much longer anyway, and I myself welcome it. Like the song by one of my favorite bands, Five Finger Death Punch, says, I choose "Death Before Dishonor". Meaning, I would rather die than live down on my knees. I will never bow to anything that I am told by anyone, no one is above or below me. Thats the problem with most people in this country. They think they are superior to anyone or anything and should be given all the advantages of life, it makes me sick. Last thing I will say is that I am not voting in the election, because our vote doesnt count anyway, if it did, then we wouldnt have had to deal with W for the last 8 years.