Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NKY Baseball???
Who will be the top teams in NKY this year?

Newport Catholic is pretty solid. They graduated a lot of pitching from the team that went to the State tournament last year.

Covington Catholic has likely the best player in the state, UK signee Luke Maile and all of their pitching from last year.

Beechwood should be tough.

Bellvue's Jr. Hunter Jones (former Red Tracy Jones son) is being heavily scouted by Major league teams and is a likely top draft choice in two years.

Who else is out there?
Cov. Cath. should be the team to beat, with everybody back they should make a good run this year.
I agree, Cov Cath is the team to beat in NKY this year. Maile is a tremendous player, but they have most of their pitching staff back from last year. NCC will be pretty young experience wise as will Beechwood.
Stardust Wrote:Who will be the top teams in NKY this year?

Newport Catholic is pretty solid. They graduated a lot of pitching from the team that went to the State tournament last year.

Covington Catholic has likely the best player in the state, UK signee Luke Maile and all of their pitching from last year.

Beechwood should be tough.

Bellvue's Jr. Hunter Jones (former Red Tracy Jones son) is being heavily scouted by Major league teams and is a likely top draft choice in two years.

Who else is out there?

Newport Cath did not go to the state tourney last year...
Cov. Cath should be the best team in NKY this year. They were the only team to hand Chandler Shepherd a loss last year, they timed up on his fastball and hit it hard. They are very solid. I think they should move Maile to the 3 hole hitter instead of leadoff so he can have more RBI opportunities.
House of Pain Wrote:Newport Cath did not go to the state tourney last year...
Cov. Cath should be the best team in NKY this year. They were the only team to hand Chandler Shepherd a loss last year, they timed up on his fastball and hit it hard. They are very solid. I think they should move Maile to the 3 hole hitter instead of leadoff so he can have more RBI opportunities.

NCC knocked off Cov Cath 9-4 to win the 9th region last year and advance to the semi State, which is the state tournamet (all Region winners advance to the State tournament).

Cov Cath had to move Maile to the leadoff spot because he was being pitched around. I forsee the samething happening this year unless CCH can get protection around him
You are right... I just considered the state tournament the "final 8" teams that advance to Applebees. But the winners of region is considered state.