Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caleb Petry?
I go to P-Burg and all I keep hearing about lately is how good Caleb Petry is! Anyone know anything about him I hear he wears #14.
Yeah, i heard about this kid, a well trusted source told me this kid has got a career in the bigs.
Yeah, I heard this kid has scholarship offers from Wake Forest, Michigan, and Kentucky. He must be really good. Has anyone seen him play?
He is Very good!
I heard this kid was a beast and will go far in this sport if he keeps at it!!!
LMAO!!! You guys have caused me to blow chunks!
I watched Pburg play 5 games this year and never saw anyone that is as good as you all are making this kid out to be. A beast??? ROFLMAO
The Guru Wrote:LMAO!!! You guys have caused me to blow chunks!
I watched Pburg play 5 games this year and never saw anyone that is as good as you all are making this kid out to be. A beast??? ROFLMAO

your sorely mitaken my friend..this kid failed to play a moajority of the games due to his L.D... were the 5 games you attended in the beginning or end of the season??
Free BAlla 14 Wrote:your sorely mitaken my friend..this kid failed to play a moajority of the games due to his L.D... were the 5 games you attended in the beginning or end of the season??
No I am not.....The kid isn't bad, but far from great. Tell the truth....he has zero offers, right? How many goals did he score this year? I saw them play 5 different games and all through the season including their last game.
He would not have even started as forward for Johnson Central or Paintsville.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not that good yet.
Guru this may be one of the only times I ever disagree with you lol. Caleb is a solid player place him on a team that he can actually go 1 V 1 with a defender and he would look much better. Where P-Burg makes their mistake is playing him AT FORWARD. Yes he is the best forawrd they have but no one to distribute the ball to him. Honestly when working with Paulo Neto Petry was at the camp, when Neto, Jopa, Dide and I were eating dinner each one said Petry has great potential and is already a solid player. They are looking to recruit him. With that said he will start out playing JV but has the potential to play some sort of role on varsity later on in his college carrier. D-1 not so much. LoL
im friends with petry and i know for a fact that he has like three divison 1 offers and one divison 3 he is a BEAST
well i have to say Prestonsburg is gonna have a good team next year with Petry, hunt, and Stanley but they should have built the team around Caleb Petry
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Guru this may be one of the only times I ever disagree with you lol. Caleb is a solid player place him on a team that he can actually go 1 V 1 with a defender and he would look much better. Where P-Burg makes their mistake is playing him AT FORWARD. Yes he is the best forawrd they have but no one to distribute the ball to him. Honestly when working with Paulo Neto Petry was at the camp, when Neto, Jopa, Dide and I were eating dinner each one said Petry has great potential and is already a solid player. They are looking to recruit him. With that said he will start out playing JV but has the potential to play some sort of role on varsity later on in his college carrier. D-1 not so much. LoL
So you think he is going pro? Or already has scholly offers? I know better. There is no way he is that good or has the offers......for one I don't believe colleges can offer schollys to sophs.
And to be quite honest....I thought everyone looked a lot better when they went 1 v 1 with a defender.
The Guru Wrote:So you think he is going pro? Or already has scholly offers? I know better. There is no way he is that good or has the offers......for one I don't believe colleges can offer schollys to sophs.
And to be quite honest....I thought everyone looked a lot better when they went 1 v 1 with a defender.

Now Guru did I ever say the kid was going pro? no I did not. He is a talented player however.
If I am not mistaking didn't the University of Kentucky offer an 8th grader a basketball scholly? However, no I do not believe he has recieved an offer yet but I do believe he will receieve offers from NAIA programs.

If you dont think the kid is talented enough to play college soccer that is your opinion. However, I can not respect that opinon when it isn't based really on any evidence besides when you watched you didnt think he stood out. Many players do not always stand out but are very good players such as Steven Gerrard of the EPL team Liverpool. He does not score very often but he does things on the field that makes people around him beter which Petry does when he is not playing forward.

As I stated before he is not Div. 1 material. He could play for an NAIA school and could possibly work his way up the ladder to some varsity PT but will have to work extremly hard. Just as the kids from Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pikeville and etc. would. Its not all about who scores the goals or who gets the assists. First you must have a knowledge for the game and know in what position will it open up the atk or allow the team to keep their shape defensivly to force the other team to play it back to their defenders causing them to recycle their runs. That is where being a great soccer player begins and Petry posses that knowledge.
o yea i did score 15 goals at least. And i made all region.
Keep it on topic.

and the Tribe has spoken lmao
Okay, as a teammate of Caleb Petry--- He is a very good soccer player, and has a very good chance to play college. Soo there should be no smack talk of this player. Second, the team isnt all about Caleb Petry ya know? Their is still alot of talent on this team to mention a few-- Brad Stanley, Nick Conn, Tyler Hall, Charlie Joseph? Which all got All-District or All-Region as well. But needless to get offtopic, Caleb Petry will get a scholarship somewhere.
i scored 15 goals as a junior and 22 goals as a senior with 15 assist combined for both years... and i didnt even get a scholarship offer but i did find a place to play college soccer.. to be honest i would not rely on just playing high school soccer to be seen, better play on club teams/ traveling teams .. thats how you get the scholarships
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Now Guru did I ever say the kid was going pro? no I did not. He is a talented player however.
If I am not mistaking didn't the University of Kentucky offer an 8th grader a basketball scholly? However, no I do not believe he has recieved an offer yet but I do believe he will receieve offers from NAIA programs.

If you dont think the kid is talented enough to play college soccer that is your opinion. However, I can not respect that opinon when it isn't based really on any evidence besides when you watched you didnt think he stood out. Many players do not always stand out but are very good players such as Steven Gerrard of the EPL team Liverpool. He does not score very often but he does things on the field that makes people around him beter which Petry does when he is not playing forward.

As I stated before he is not Div. 1 material. He could play for an NAIA school and could possibly work his way up the ladder to some varsity PT but will have to work extremly hard. Just as the kids from Paintsville, Johnson Central, Pikeville and etc. would. Its not all about who scores the goals or who gets the assists. First you must have a knowledge for the game and know in what position will it open up the atk or allow the team to keep their shape defensivly to force the other team to play it back to their defenders causing them to recycle their runs. That is where being a great soccer player begins and Petry posses that knowledge.
Well why you disagree with me so much? They are the ones that said he was going pro and had all these D1 offers....that is what was cracking me up! Ky never offered Euton a scholly, and still hasn't to my knowledge, he just announced that he was going to UK and play basketball. But anyway, you say you disagree with me, but then say you don'tbelieve he has any offers and won't go D1. So which is it??LOL Are you going into politics???LMAO J/K
The Guru Wrote:Well why you disagree with me so much? They are the ones that said he was going pro and had all these D1 offers....that is what was cracking me up! Ky never offered Euton a scholly, and still hasn't to my knowledge, he just announced that he was going to UK and play basketball. But anyway, you say you disagree with me, but then say you don'tbelieve he has any offers and won't go D1. So which is it??LOL Are you going into politics???LMAO J/K

I disagree with you because you make it sound like the kid could not play college soccer. Cumberlands hasnt offered a scholarship but has shown interest, however if Neto shows interest then you will be getting an offer he has nearly 20 scholarships to give out each year going by the recession rate of the soccer team at UC and such. And yes im thinking about politics Guru would you vote for me. Ill take you as my right hand man we can rip this place apart lol
I think Guru may be a little jealous haha
Impressive Wrote:i scored 15 goals as a junior and 22 goals as a senior with 15 assist combined for both years... and i didnt even get a scholarship offer but i did find a place to play college soccer.. to be honest i would not rely on just playing high school soccer to be seen, better play on club teams/ traveling teams .. thats how you get the scholarships

Yeah you amy have but were did you play high school ball at?
Showstoppa Wrote:I think Guru may be a little jealous haha
Nope, not jealous at all. Just think it is funny or dumb to act as if this kid has already locked up his furure with a D1 Scholly befor he goes Peo. I don't think he will go Pro and doubr very serious that he will go D1. I have not said he wasn't any good.