Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilarious example of Fox news Bias.
lol, I know it. We could call it the BGR winter brawl, or something like that. Should draw a good crowd.
DevilsWin Wrote:I have said MSNBC is liberally biased. In fact I said the were "IN LOVE" w/ Obama.

That opposing view is usually some idiot from the Left thaty they can exploit. Look at Hannity and Colmes. That Colmes guy is ugly and stupid.

Maybe Petreaus isn't deserving of support. We haven't the benefit of the inside scoop.

:Clap:
DevilsWin Wrote:I have said MSNBC is liberally biased. In fact I said the were "IN LOVE" w/ Obama.

That opposing view is usually some idiot from the Left thaty they can exploit. Look at Hannity and Colmes. That Colmes guy is ugly and stupid.

Maybe Petreaus isn't deserving of support. We haven't the benefit of the inside scoop.

I guess not, since his plans drastically turned Iraq around. So much so that we can be basically out of there soon, and they already have full control of all of their country but 1 or 2 provinces, if not all by now. The man is an American hero, and only cowards would attack him for political purposes.
......Or are you just like the folks at fox, and only see things from the vantage point that suits you?(taken from a previous Coach Owen post)

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Pure and simple all news networks tend to lean right or left. To post additional examples (you took care of many) is simply an exercise in futility. You won't win this arguement/debate Coach. It's over. The conservatives won't buy it and the liberals will never accept the proof they themselves provide. My advice is to stop trying. It is evident that you have been duped by the liberal left . . . go home take a couple of aspirin and drink some more kool-aid. You're beating your head against a brick wall.:HitWall:

P.S. You are young so I am hoping you will grow out of it. (liberalism)
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:......Or are you just like the folks at fox, and only see things from the vantage point that suits you?(taken from a previous Coach Owen post)

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? Pure and simple all news networks tend to lean right or left. To post additional examples (you took care of many) is simply an exercise in futility. You won't win this arguement/debate Coach. It's over. The conservatives won't buy it and the liberals will never accept the proof they themselves provide. My advice is to stop trying. It is evident that you have been duped by the liberal left . . . go home take a couple of aspirin and drink some more kool-aid. You're beating your head against a brick wall.:HitWall:

P.S. You are young so I am hoping you will grow out of it. (liberalism)

Drink more kool-aid? Is that the only response you have.

I may be young, but you seem to be too old to see anything from another perspective. I guess you cant teach an old dog new tricks.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Drink more kool-aid? Is that the only response you have.

I may be young, but you seem to be too old to see anything from another perspective. I guess you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

This old dog doesn't want to learn those tricks. In about 20 more years we will see if you haven't changed your tune a bit.:dontthink
DevilsWin Wrote:That opposing view is usually some idiot from the Left thaty they can exploit. Look at Hannity and Colmes. That Colmes guy is ugly and stupid.

So... you think Hannity is good-looking and smart ?? Big Grin
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Drink more kool-aid? Is that the only response you have.

Generally, one is a better driver at 30-50 than 16-20.

Politics is much more complicated than driving. Wink
Beetle01 Wrote:I guess not, since his plans drastically turned Iraq around. So much so that we can be basically out of there soon, and they already have full control of all of their country but 1 or 2 provinces, if not all by now. The man is an American hero, and only cowards would attack him for political purposes.
It wasn't Petreaus' idea that has been successful. It was a Colonel who was "Bucking the System" and had a lot of success in his Area of Operation. Then Petreaus stole the idea and had great success, But it wasn't his idea. His ideas were failures. It was the Colonel who actually had his boot on the ground who is the hero here for not listening to his superiors. Technology had changed the battlefield as much to the good as it has the bad. People watching from a Satellite Link beamed back from an unmanned drone can't understand the whole picture.
DevilsWin Wrote:It wasn't Petreaus' idea that has been successful. It was a Colonel who was "Bucking the System" and had a lot of success in his Area of Operation. Then Petreaus stole the idea and had great success, But it wasn't his idea. His ideas were failures. It was the Colonel who actually had his boot on the ground who is the hero here for not listening to his superiors. Technology had changed the battlefield as much to the good as it has the bad. People watching from a Satellite Link beamed back from an unmanned drone can't understand the whole picture.

I forgot that Colonel had the ability to institue the plan in Iraq. Eevry General has advisors, the President has hundreds. No one person can make every decision without the help of others. Petraeus basically put his career on the line arguing for the surge, and it worked. He along with others gets credit. I didn't say that the "Colonel" wasn't a hero. They all are, but there were probably over a hundred different ways Petraeus could have taken the war, he chose the right path, it worked, he gets the credit. Of course since what he has done has worked in Iraq and it hasnt been a major failure, Im sure you hate the guy because it makes Repubs look better, and Iraq isn't the second Vietnam all the Liberals were hoping for.
Beetle01 Wrote:I forgot that Colonel had the ability to institue the plan in Iraq. Eevry General has advisors, the President has hundreds. No one person can make every decision without the help of others. Petraeus basically put his career on the line arguing for the surge, and it worked. He along with others gets credit. I didn't say that the "Colonel" wasn't a hero. They all are, but there were probably over a hundred different ways Petraeus could have taken the war, he chose the right path, it worked, he gets the credit. Of course since what he has done has worked in Iraq and it hasnt been a major failure, Im sure you hate the guy because it makes Repubs look better, and Iraq isn't the second Vietnam all the Liberals were hoping for.
The plan that Colonel was implementing at the time was the only plan that was working. That's why Petraeus chose that strategy. Not because he had some flash of brilliance. The evidence was overwhelming. But without the extra troops the Military couldn't "CLear and HOLD". That's why they needed the extra troops. It's not a suge at all it's just clearing and holding the area around the Green Zone so they can have operational security to govern.

I wish Vundy33 was here to straighten all this out because apparently none of you have any knowledge about military strategy and how it actually works.

He has been "in country" for 3 tours now and I'm sure he will agree with 99% of what I'm saying here.

The Top Brass is usually a bunch of guys that Tommy Tent Peg loathes yet follows! The Top Brass hands down the orders that get young men killed. Often unnecessarily.

Have any of you read the book Generation Kill? If not, you should.
DevilsWin Wrote:The plan that Colonel was implementing at the time was the only plan that was working. That's why Petraeus chose that strategy. Not because he had some flash of brilliance. The evidence was overwhelming. But without the extra troops the Military couldn't "CLear and HOLD". That's why they needed the extra troops. It's not a suge at all it's just clearing and holding the area around the Green Zone so they can have operational security to govern.

I wish Vundy33 was here to straighten all this out because apparently none of you have any knowledge about military strategy and how it actually works.

He has been "in country" for 3 tours now and I'm sure he will agree with 99% of what I'm saying here.

The Top Brass is usually a bunch of guys that Tommy Tent Peg loathes yet follows! The Top Brass hands down the orders that get young men killed. Often unnecessarily.

Have any of you read the book Generation Kill? If not, you should.

Like I said Petraeus chose the strategy fought for the troop increase and put his career on the line. the surge could have just as easily have failed if there would have been a major increase in casualties. We all know nothing and you know everything. Just because Vundy has been there doesn't mean he knows more about military strategy than some people spend their entire lives studying its entire history. I agree sometimes the top brass make decisions that get people killed. They make mistakes. Thats why its important to have great low ranking officers and top notch SSgts. They are the backbone, the guys who make split second decisions to save lives and accomplish the mission. Even the Romans knew that.