Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NKY Top 10
1. Covivington Catholic - Luke Maile, Isler, enough said

2. Newport Catholic - Conner on the hill along with Kelly & Pangallo's bats.

3. Conner - Shuttlesworth and Samad will be solid on the mound, Brake is one of the best sticks in the state

4. Holy Cross - Roenker/Stewart might be best 1-2 pitching combo in NKY

5. Bellevue - they might well be the surprise of the 9th, potential high draft pick Hunter Jones is as good as Maile

6. Ryle - Etscheid is one of the best players around

7. Beechwood - AJ Smith anchors this team along with standouts Snyder & Larimore

8. Dixie - good pitching, Klei, Popham all solid position returnees

9. Campbell County -Estes and Coffman will determine a lot for this team

10. Boone County - many solid players left behind after Faris's departure including locasac (sis), very thin on pitching, but return some solid position talent
Newport Catholic beat Cov Cath in the Finals of the Region to make it to the State tournament last year. They have quite a bit coming back from that team to compete with Cov Cath.

Beechwood is loaded with underclassmen. Two of NKY's best Sophomores, Bertke and Larimore will be right behind AJ Smith and Nate Snyder on the mound.

Bellevue is more than just Hunter Jones. Tony Piper is the teams ace and as a Senior, he has been a starter since the 7th grade.

Campbell County will be young experience wise. Though they have several seniors, none were relied upon last year with the exception of Bobbi Estes. They have talent.

I would put Brosssart at #10. They return very solid players including Senior Josh Anderson. Never underestimate the Mustangs.
Hey Dusty, you speak of Maile. Am I confused, or has he already made a commitment to a school yet? I was thinking he may have done so already?
Thanks
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Hey Dusty, you speak of Maile. Am I confused, or has he already made a commitment to a school yet? I was thinking he may have done so already?
Thanks

He will join Boone County's Cory Faris at UK next year. Maybe.....

He has accepted a scholarship to play at UK, however, he was a league leader in a Summer MLB sponsored league in California in late July/early August for Pro Prospects. He will be drafted, I think that is a given. It's just a matter if it is a high enough salary offer as to what his decision will be.
I like to see Bellevue that high. I was a player for them last year and they have made great strides in the off season so far. I am a very good friend of Sanders and I hope they play great this year.
GrizzlyAdams Wrote:I like to see Bellevue that high. I was a player for them last year and they have made great strides in the off season so far. I am a very good friend of Sanders and I hope they play great this year.

Congrats GA, Coach Sanders is a class act
Look for Conner with S@S and the Brake. Best rated Sophs have to be Beechwoods Bertke and Larimore. CC no injuries or probs will be a great team.
Bellevue could surprise some people. Should be an interesting season for the Tigers.
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:Bellevue could surprise some people. Should be an interesting season for the Tigers.

I like Bellevue a lot this year
Decent pitching staff, suppose to have very good fielding, and you got bats from hunter jones and thomas barrett.
A Cameron Crazy Wrote:Decent pitching staff, suppose to have very good fielding, and you got bats from hunter jones and thomas barrett.

Tony Piper, a 6 year player for the Tigers will lead them from the Hill