Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Knight to Visit UK
Rivals.com #1 overall player for the class of 2010 (Brandon Knight PG) is expected to visit Lexington on September 19.

Per Scout.com

http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/basketb...ight-59767
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxf6zuNhZdQ&feature=fvw"]YouTube - Top Ranked Brandon Knight Scoring At Will Over The Summer[/ame]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16w1ipmBYv8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FHoopmixtape&feature=player_profilepage#t=22][/url]
I think Knight is pretty well a lock for UK. He and Gilchrist both will be sporting the Blue and White in my opinion.

Saw today that Teague's AAU coach was hired by UL to be a special assistant. There pretty much goes UK's chances with him.
^Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Teague has been a UL lean all along.
Another one and done guy
one and done, as long as there one championship and done im happy
Wildcatk23 Wrote:one and done, as long as there one championship and done im happy

Good luck, but those one and done teams rarely ever do it.....
Stardust Wrote:Good luck, but those one and done teams rarely ever do it.....

maybe them ont doing it wiill give them the hunger to come back and try again
Cats are getting good players again....I hope they can keep out of trouble with the NCAA. I was thinking earlier about some people saying that Tubby Smith not being able to recruit, but he has players littered throughout the NBA. I think the problem was that the players he got performed on a higher level when they reached the NBA and the UK fans wondered why they were not playing that well @ UK.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Rivals.com #1 overall player for the class of 2010 (Brandon Knight PG) is expected to visit Lexington on September 19.

We better hope we make a good impression on him when he comes to town. Apparently, both he and Doron Lamb are scheduled to attend Kansas' Midnight Madness.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Isn't he #11 also? Heck if we get the #1 PG who are 1 and done every year and seems that they are all #11, then what will we be missing, lol?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:maybe them ont doing it wiill give them the hunger to come back and try again

Do you think these guys strive for a National Championship or a $20M NBA contract. I'm pretty confident that when these guys were 12, they dreamed of playing against MJ in the NBA and not in the NCAA title game. Besides Tyler Hansbrough, who else sticks around?
Patrick Patterson was projected early first round, he stayed
He has a crazy 1st step.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Patrick Patterson was projected early first round, he stayed

lol, Yep - OJ Mayo, Derick Beasley, Kevin Durant all looked forward to their college careers. Lottery picks don't stay in college!
I will take my chance with the top players everyday, and we will get lucky every now and then with a player sticking around for a while, like Patrick Patterson. Kids like Orton, Bledsoe, Hood and Miller are all very good players who will play multiple seasons and compliment the UK roster that will have some one and dones. I think Coach Cal will make sure that we have good balance.
Cat Scratch Fever Wrote:I will take my chance with the top players everyday, and we will get lucky every now and then with a player sticking around for a while, like Patrick Patterson. Kids like Orton, Bledsoe, Hood and Miller are all very good players who will play multiple seasons and compliment the UK roster that will have some one and dones. I think Coach Cal will make sure that we have good balance.

No doubt that Cal has great players in the program, I don't doubt that at all. But teams rarely win the tourney with one year players. I beleive Carmello is the last superstar to lead a team to the title and then bailing. We shall see.
Like I said, I think there will be a good balance of players who will stay one year and players that are good but will stay multiple years. If we have Wall, Bledsoe, Miller, Cousins and Patterson as starters this year then we would have one or two players who were one and done (Wall and Cousins) and another that stayed three years (counting Patterson as leaving this year), Bledsoe is at least a couple of years if not three and Miller is at least three if not four years. So even with one of the most highly ranked recruiting classes in history the starting five has one, maybe two, one and done. The balance is there and will hopefully always be there with Coach Cal.
well one and done can't win it by themselves everyone knows that. but the other guys don't have supporting cast like wall and cousins do this year and will hopefully just get better in time. beasley, mayo, durant neither had the back up they needed to win it all. it is going to take those 2-4 year players but those great 1 and done sure does help push you over that edge. just ask yourself this. would you rather play against them boys (wall & cousins) or have them on your team?
beasy_bo Wrote:well one and done can't win it by themselves everyone knows that. but the other guys don't have supporting cast like wall and cousins do this year and will hopefully just get better in time. beasley, mayo, durant neither had the back up they needed to win it all. it is going to take those 2-4 year players but those great 1 and done sure does help push you over that edge. just ask yourself this. would you rather play against them boys (wall & cousins) or have them on your team?

Did you not look at the rankings of the class that came into USC with Mayo?