Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 3 Corbin 1
South Laurel controlled the middle of the field by outworking Corbin, which led to more opportunities for South Laurel. Corbin is still missing something, not exactly sure what it is, but they need to start playing hard all the time or they will have a disappointing season.
I'll tell you what Corbin is missing, all the seniors from last year. They lost a LOT. South didn't, and got better, obviously.
They play again tonight. I think the way South has been playing Corbin will most likely beat them. South is down, the Coach isn't subbing like he should and they are not playing good team ball. The hustle isn't there. South is one of the best teams in the State as far as talent goes, but that isn't refecting on the field.
Da_truf Wrote:They play again tonight. I think the way South has been playing Corbin will most likely beat them. South is down, the Coach isn't subbing like he should and they are not playing good team ball. The hustle isn't there. South is one of the best teams in the State as far as talent goes, but that isn't refecting on the field.

South beat Corbin again 2-1. Corbin is really missing their center mids from last year who controlled the games and kept Corbin on the offensive most of the game, which kind of spoiled some of the other players who don't want to do all the little things necessary to win. South is much more physical than Corbin and they have had the better of the center of the field in both games.
I was shocked by this win, I thought that South would lose this game badly! I personaly didn't get to go to this one, But I heard they really picked it up and after the way they had played in the last 3 they needed to. They have Talent but only use a small portion of it!
Talent only goes so far, gotta have teamwork more than anything.
If you don't play well as a team, it will catch up to you no matter how good your players are! Ask Madison Southern and Sommerset. They beat a more talented team by playing together and taking advantage of the little things! While not getting busted on thier mistakes!
Da_truf Wrote:If you don't play well as a team, it will catch up to you no matter how good your players are! Ask Madison Southern and Sommerset. They beat a more talented team by playing together and taking advantage of the little things! While not getting busted on thier mistakes!

:Clap:
corbin is down this year