Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP Poll (Oct. 19th)
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co in my eyes are #1 in 4A!!!!!!!!

No one would have ever guessed! :yikes:
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:No one would have ever guessed! :yikes:

:lmao:
Henry county!!
I think Henry County is right at #6.
Playing home games in the playoffs are great.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:No one would have ever guessed! :yikes:

Don't see the problem with that. Bell was the best in 4a last year.
You whine about people talking down boro and then you start on Bell.
Use your scrutiny on yourself as well.
AllenCountyPride Wrote::lmao:

Glad you're easily amused.
I guess you know a lot about Bell.
Come play us.
Just out of curiosity, why has Bell been ranked behind Boyle all season? Is it based on name recognition? (statewide, Boyle seems to be the better known program) Is it prejudice against mountain people? Is it Bell's lopsided loss to start the season? Does Boyle have wins over better quality opponents? Is it the Lexington TV cameras at every Boyle game? I honestly don't know the answer. Now I am a Boyle County fan and am glad Boyle is ranked number 1 but I also know that it doesn't mean anything at all. Come playoff time it doesn't make a bit of difference.

Anyone care to offer an opinion? :please:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Just out of curiosity, why has Bell been ranked behind Boyle all season? Is it based on name recognition? (statewide, Boyle seems to be the better known program) Is it prejudice against mountain people? Is it Bell's lopsided loss to start the season? Does Boyle have wins over better quality opponents? Is it the Lexington TV cameras at every Boyle game? I honestly don't know the answer. Now I am a Boyle County fan and am glad Boyle is ranked number 1 but I also know that it doesn't mean anything at all. Come playoff time it doesn't make a bit of difference.

I would have to say statewide they receive more coverage. Also they have a couple of big name players leading them. I can't honestly argue for Bell to ranked over Boyle. In part, it would be hard to argue Boyle over Bell. I am positive Boyle is an excellent team. It will be a big task for us to beat them. Just guessing, I would have to say it's a toss up. I have no problem with Boyle being ranked 1 in 4a. Hopefully the two teams will meet. Should be a great game.
easyM Wrote:I would have to say statewide they receive more coverage. Also they have a couple of big name players leading them. I can't honestly argue for Bell to ranked over Boyle. In part, it would be hard to argue Boyle over Bell. I am positive Boyle is an excellent team. It will be a big task for us to beat them. Just guessing, I would have to say it's a toss up. I have no problem with Boyle being ranked 1 in 4a. Hopefully the two teams will meet. Should be a great game.
I agree i used to argue that bell is #1 but really i have come to see that it will not matter.......
easyM Wrote:Don't see the problem with that. Bell was the best in 4a last year.
You whine about people talking down boro and then you start on Bell.
Use your scrutiny on yourself as well.

Sonny, last year's success doesn't mean jack. I don't know if you have ever heard of that little saying or not, but you should grow to get used to it. It's just like UK Basketball's history, I mean let's be honest, does that really mean squat when we're talking about the present and the future? No, it doesn't. You can boast Bell County all you want and how they brought home a state title to the Mountains and all that jazz, but when we're talking about this season it don't count.

Did you even know what the word "scrutiny" was before you looked it up in the dictionary? If you don't like my posts, you can feel free to ignore them. That's always an option, huh? How was I starting on Bell County with that post anyway? All I was doing was having a little fun with BellCoBobcats09. He knows I love to pick on him. I'm starting to find out that you may be a little more fun. :biggrin:
easyM Wrote:Glad you're easily amused.
I guess you know a lot about Bell.
Come play us.

Don't worry AllenCoPride, that's what he said to the Alcoa fans. :Clap:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Just out of curiosity, why has Bell been ranked behind Boyle all season? Is it based on name recognition? (statewide, Boyle seems to be the better known program) Is it prejudice against mountain people? Is it Bell's lopsided loss to start the season? Does Boyle have wins over better quality opponents? Is it the Lexington TV cameras at every Boyle game? I honestly don't know the answer. Now I am a Boyle County fan and am glad Boyle is ranked number 1 but I also know that it doesn't mean anything at all. Come playoff time it doesn't make a bit of difference.

They have beaten better teams than Bell Co. has.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Sonny, last year's success doesn't mean jack. I don't know if you have ever heard of that little saying or not, but you should grow to get used to it. It's just like UK Basketball's history, I mean let's be honest, does that really mean squat when we're talking about the present and the future? No, it doesn't. You can boast Bell County all you want and how they brought home a state title to the Mountains and all that jazz, but when we're talking about this season it don't count.

Did you even know what the word "scrutiny" was before you looked it up in the dictionary? If you don't like my posts, you can feel free to ignore them. That's always an option, huh? How was I starting on Bell County with that post anyway? All I was doing was having a little fun with BellCoBobcats09. He knows I love to pick on him. I'm starting to find out that you may be a little more fun. :biggrin:

I hate to know why you're calling me sonny? I'm not basing anything on last year. Bell is Bell basically every year. Have you seen Boyle play this year? Have you seen Bell play this year? If so, I guess you can compare them by what you have seen playing different teams. You're clueless Sonny!
I should ignore your post because you have no clue what you are talking about. Jealousy will make you say anything against Bell. Enjoy your history making year at boro. The marquee program. What a joke.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Don't worry AllenCoPride, that's what he said to the Alcoa fans. :Clap:

Another lie and stupid statement from you.
I don't have to defend Bell. It's proven what they can do.
I would love to look back at some of your hilarious post through the year.
Interesting on putting us back on your schedule. Like you said, you can't base anything on previous years. Who knows? Boro could probably play us a heck of a game next year.........
easyM Wrote:I hate to know why you're calling me sonny? I'm not basing anything on last year. Bell is Bell basically every year. Have you seen Boyle play this year? Have you seen Bell play this year? If so, I guess you can compare them by what you have seen playing different teams. You're clueless Sonny!
I should ignore your post because you have no clue what you are talking about. Jealousy will make you say anything against Bell. Enjoy your history making year at boro. The marquee program. What a joke.

easyM Wrote:Another lie and stupid statement from you.
I don't have to defend Bell. It's proven what they can do.
I would love to look back at some of your hilarious post through the year.
Interesting on putting us back on your schedule. Like you said, you can't base anything on previous years. Who knows? Boro could probably play us a heck of a game next year.........

:thatsfunn I'm calling you sonny because you're just a young lad who is too wrapped up in Bell's recent success to understand that there are actually better teams out there.

Why bring Middelsboro into this? I didn't say anything about them, nor did anyone else. Maybe you have no other line of defense. A mere child could tell you that Bell County would roll Middlesboro like dough. What an amazing comeback there easyM. I guess they call you "easy" because it's so easy to get a kick out of you. Why are you so frustrated and defensive? Bell is doing just fine. What do you have to worry about?

Look at my hilarious posts??? Yeah, some are hilarious. Ask BellCoBobcats, he knows. :biggrin:

By the way, no one was talking to you to begin with. If I should be having this argument with anyone, it should be BellCoBobcats. I responded to his post first, not yours.................Sonny....
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote::thatsfunn I'm calling you sonny because you're just a young lad who is too wrapped up in Bell's recent success to understand that there are actually better teams out there.

Why bring Middelsboro into this? I didn't say anything about them, nor did anyone else. Maybe you have no other line of defense. A mere child could tell you that Bell County would roll Middlesboro like dough. What an amazing comeback there easyM. I guess they call you "easy" because it's so easy to get a kick out of you. Why are you so frustrated and defensive? Bell is doing just fine. What do you have to worry about?

Look at my hilarious posts??? Yeah, some are hilarious. Ask BellCoBobcats, he knows. :biggrin:

By the way, no one was talking to you to begin with. If I should be having this argument with anyone, it should be BellCoBobcats. I responded to his post first, not yours.................Sonny....

I wish I was a young lad. I just graduated Bell in 86.
And you are wrong. You made comments about my post. Check it out.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote::thatsfunn I'm calling you sonny because you're just a young lad who is too wrapped up in Bell's recent success to understand that there are actually better teams out there.

Another thing I found interesting was the comment about Bell's recent success. Recent? I would have to say our program has been one of the elite programs for many upon many years. I know you should be well aware of that.
easyM Wrote:I wish I was a young lad. I just graduated Bell in 86.
And you are wrong. You made comments about my post. Check it out.

I have responded to your posts since then, but you responded to mine first. And what can I say? I love getting under the skin of a Bell fan. By the way, you're still a lad compared to this old timer. :biggrin:
Alas, another thread goes down the Bell County gutter... so sad.:flush:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Alas, another thread goes down the Bell County gutter... so sad.:flush:

Well heck Buckeye. Just after we had a good conversation between the two of us, you trash Bell.
What about that? Thought you might be an ok guy. Thanks for letting me down.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:I have responded to your posts since then, but you responded to mine first. And what can I say? I love getting under the skin of a Bell fan. By the way, you're still a lad compared to this old timer. :biggrin:

Hard to get under my skin. I'm used to the scrutiny. lol
I don't feel like a lad. Getting older everyday!
easyM Wrote:Well heck Buckeye. Just after we had a good conversation between the two of us, you trash Bell.
What about that? Thought you might be an ok guy. Thanks for letting me down.

No, no, no I didn't mean that at all. I'm not trashing Bell. My apologies for coming off that way. I just meant that another thread disintegrated into a discussion of how good Bell is or isn't. Total respect easyM. :igiveup:
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:No, no, no I didn't mean that at all. I'm not trashing Bell. My apologies for coming off that way. I just meant that another thread disintegrated into a discussion of how good Bell is or isn't. Total respect easyM. :igiveup:

Oh. I just misunderstood. It's all good.
We were all down here at work talking about the big time lb Boyle has. He's the real deal. And, I know the rb is one heck of a runner. Big time challenge for us. If we make many mistakes we're in a lot of trouble.
Sorry for misunderstanding you.
easyM Wrote:Oh. I just misunderstood. It's all good.
We were all down here at work talking about the big time lb Boyle has. He's the real deal. And, I know the rb is one heck of a runner. Big time challenge for us. If we make many mistakes we're in a lot of trouble.
Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Yes, Boyle has several big time athletes this season. They are, in my opinion, the best team Boyle has had since the 2001 state champs. Trust me though, we in Rebel land know that Bell is loaded and is by far, along with Boyle, the top team in 4A. I hope that our teams meet and we all get to see a heck of a game. Of course I hope Boyle wins but if not, I will be one of the first to say "Congrats to Bell County".

There is a ton of football to play before we even have a chance of meeting though. So good luck the rest of the way, and I hope to see you in a few weeks!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Yes, Boyle has several big time athletes this season. They are, in my opinion, the best team Boyle has had since the 2001 state champs. Trust me though, we in Rebel land know that Bell is loaded and is by far, along with Boyle, the top team in 4A. I hope that our teams meet and we all get to see a heck of a game. Of course I hope Boyle wins but if not, I will be one of the first to say "Congrats to Bell County".

There is a ton of football to play before we even have a chance of meeting though. So good luck the rest of the way, and I hope to see you in a few weeks!

We know whay Boyle is all about. We know we have to play our best to even have a chance to win.
I hope to see you up there. Good luck to you guys.
middlesboroalumni Wrote::thatsfunn i'm calling you sonny because you're just a young lad who is too wrapped up in bell's recent success to understand that there are actually better teams out there.

Why bring middelsboro into this? I didn't say anything about them, nor did anyone else. Maybe you have no other line of defense. A mere child could tell you that bell county would roll middlesboro like dough. What an amazing comeback there easym. I guess they call you "easy" because it's so easy to get a kick out of you. Why are you so frustrated and defensive? Bell is doing just fine. What do you have to worry about?

Look at my hilarious posts??? Yeah, some are hilarious. Ask bellcobobcats, he knows. :biggrin:

By the way, no one was talking to you to begin with. If i should be having this argument with anyone, it should be bellcobobcats. I responded to his post first, not yours.................sonny....

zing!
hmmm... why is Highlands #1 in 5a?? C'mon when's Bowling Green gonna get a little respect?
This one's off track.. it goes the same route as all the other AP Poll threads...