Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Co Baseball
what will it take for Mason Co,to get it's baseball program up to where the Basketball and Football programs are?Are there any baseball talent coming thru the Royals system?
First, the culture and the school must commit to baseball in Maysville. Don't take that as a knock to the program, but MC has not made any secrets that Basketball is life. I have coached Select baseball for several years and have felt bad for those who are committed to baseball in that area. The players who could become serious baseball players wind up playing AAU basketball over the summer, thus never seeing the level of competition that will build their program to the level that other schools are now benefitting from.

I have had the fortune of coaching two outstanding individuals from that area, but have felt their frustration that they have to travel several miles away from their area to get the development that they need.
Conner Osbourne is a really good young athlete that can play outfield and hit the ball for power
I would suggest the local AAU teams (KY Cobras for example) are probably better at preparing kids for the next level anyways.