Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Newton
ComfortEagle Wrote:Keep in mind that Newton changed some of the plays. The coaches called certain plays, then Newton decided to do his own thing and run it.

I was not impressed by Newton at all and wished Fidler would get put in.

And the problem with saying "Give it to Cobb!" is that we can't give it to Cobb on every play.

Cobb didn't impress very much last night either.

What is wrong with you? Newton was in the shotgun to begin with. It Isnt Like Hes lined up at receiver and going to QB, Its not his fault. And Cobb didn't Impress You? Did you even watch the game? Seriously Whats up?
Cobb didn't impress..What else do you expect him to do, lol?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Keep in mind that Newton changed some of the plays. The coaches called certain plays, then Newton decided to do his own thing and run it.

I was not impressed by Newton at all and wished Fidler would get put in.

And the problem with saying "Give it to Cobb!" is that we can't give it to Cobb on every play.

Cobb didn't impress very much last night either.

I disagree with this.

Newton does check in and out of plays, but 90% of those checks he looks to the sideline and gets the call. Same thing with Hartline, same thing with Fidler. Numerous UK fans have been upset with "UK always taking so long to change plays", and it is because of this. Newton's checkoffs are very limited as it is.

Fidler would not have made a couple of the plays Newton made to cinute drives. The 11 yard TD run, the play where Newton rolled out, stepped back, then hit the receiver. The bullett that King caught while being sandwiched and any deep throw to the outside would not have been made by Fidler.

I do agree that we used Cobb (who is banged up as it is) too much in recent weeks. Still, there is a difference in "give it to Cobb" and "get it to Cobb". There are other ways to get the ball in Cobb's hand without the wildcat (reverse, screens, short passes, etc).

Cobb played his heart out and had over 200 all-purpose yards. He made big catches, critical returns, and blocked well. It's not his faut that MSU scouted the Wildcat and had a defender crash on him everytime in the backfield.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I disagree with this.

Newton does check in and out of plays, but 90% of those checks he looks to the sideline and gets the call. Same thing with Hartline, same thing with Fidler. Numerous UK fans have been upset with "UK always taking so long to change plays", and it is because of this. Newton's checkoffs are very limited as it is.

Fidler would not have made a couple of the plays Newton made to cinute drives. The 11 yard TD run, the play where Newton rolled out, stepped back, then hit the receiver. The bullett that King caught while being sandwiched and any deep throw to the outside would not have been made by Fidler.

I do agree that we used Cobb (who is banged up as it is) too much in recent weeks. Still, there is a difference in "give it to Cobb" and "get it to Cobb". There are other ways to get the ball in Cobb's hand without the wildcat (reverse, screens, short passes, etc).

Cobb played his heart out and had over 200 all-purpose yards. He made big catches, critical returns, and blocked well. It's not his faut that MSU scouted the Wildcat and had a defender crash on him everytime in the backfield.

Cobb Could have had a few tackles on defense, but other than that THIS POST IS 100% CORRECT.
I am so sick of screens myself! Screens will work 1 out of 5 times and get 8 yards on the 1 time that it does work. Most of the time it is a 1 yard loss or no gain it seems. We don't have Kio Sanford/Craig Yeast with Tim throwing them the ball anymore.