Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congrats to a local coach in Ashland
Great honor how does Russell not even honor this guy, wow! One of many good coaches in this state.

A blanket of Herd warmth

By ROCKY STANLEY — The Independent
HUNTINGTON — Nathan McPeek, one of the top offensive linemen in Marshall University football history, will be honored Saturday afternoon at Joan C. Edwards Stadium.

McPeek will be presented an M Club blanket following the first quarter of the Thundering Herd’s game against Southern Methodist.

The former Russell High School grad started 51 consecutive games at Marshall from 2000-03.
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...33550.html
The Marshall University M Club is similar to an alumni association.

Blankets are intended to acknowledge the positive representation recipients have provided for the university. Each blanket is prepared especially for the honoree with name and years of participation in Marshall athletics woven into the fabric.

“I’ve only been gone from there five or six years, so it’s a big honor,’’ said McPeek, now a successful high school football coach at Fairview. “I’m definitely flattered that the university would do that.’’

During McPeek’s four-year career, the Thundering Herd won three bowl games and two Mid-American Conference championships. He earned multiple all-conference honors.

“I have a lot of memories,’’ McPeek said. “We won a lot of big games. I was fortunate to play with a lot of great players and made all kind of friends that I stay in contact with.

“Last year, coach (Bobby) Pruett came and talked to the school (Fairview).’’

McPeek just finished guiding the Eagles to a second consecutive eight-win season. Fairview won a road playoff game for the second year in a row.

“Our kids did a great job,’’ McPeek said. “Our focus is to continue to work hard and get better.’’

ROCKY STANLEY can be reached at [email]rstanley@dailyindependent.com[/email] or (606) 326-2671.
I agree, he has been excellent for the football program & I wasn't aware of his Marshall career .
charliez Wrote:I agree, he has been excellent for the football program & I wasn't aware of his Marshall career .
Wow you must have been in a cave or too young during those years Mcpeek played for Marshall.
He certainly was a heck of a lineman for Marshall!

But successful coach? Since when is playing one of the weakest schedules in Kentucky and placing third in the district successful?
You always have to bash people you just can't help it man. Hope it makes you feel better when you get up in the morning. Fairview is a program on the rise and any school would be lucky to have Coach McPeek. Quit bashing people man, that's terrible.
You just don't like Fairview or Russell so anytime you can take a shot at those programs you do! That is terrible, and makes you not supportive of local high school programs. When you look at any teams schedules they have some good people and some winnable games. Raceland plays Ashland, and Russell I will give you that one but other than that schedule is just as weak if you wanna say that.
I only bash you! And that's only because you started on me first! And Raceland would have only lost one game all season. Go look at how Massey rates Fairviews schedule. It's around top 5 weakest schedules in Kentucky I have already looked. But I guess you think Bracken County and Lewis County are powerhouses!
And I don't bash Russell either. The only time I ever do is of someone says something first. Russell has a good program they have done things Raceland hasn't. If they were playing this week I would hope the best for them. I did go to Papa Johns stadium to see them play ya know!
Lots of teams play schedules that are weak doesn't mean they aren't a good team or program. Quit bashing people that you don't know even know. Raceland doesn't play a tough schedule other than Ashland and Russell like I said. Fairview is much smaller than Raceland even with number or students and they have played some of those teams for years. I never started on you and if I did I'm sorry but it's stupid some of things you say about people that you don't even know. Coach McPeek like I said has won 16 games in two years with not very much talent overall,and two playoffs games first in school history on the road. Raceland is a fine program man but quit bashing others.
I'm done with this discussion because it's dumb, good luck to your Rams tomorrow night.
russellpride Wrote:Lots of teams play schedules that are weak doesn't mean they aren't a good team or program. Quit bashing people that you don't know even know. Raceland doesn't play a tough schedule other than Ashland and Russell like I said. Fairview is much smaller than Raceland even with number or students and they have played some of those teams for years. I never started on you and if I did I'm sorry but it's stupid some of things you say about people that you don't even know. Coach McPeek like I said has won 16 games in two years with not very much talent overall,and two playoffs games first in school history on the road. Raceland is a fine program man but quit bashing others.
I would like to add Lexington Christian at least this year they're a better team than Ashland and Russell was. But both teams play lca in disctrict so that takes care of that.
I've never once insluted McPeek. He was one heck of an athlete for the red devils! Why isn't he on the coaching staff at Russell is what I want to know.

I'm just saying Fairview's 8 wins isn't as impressive as it looks. Playing a such a weak schedule doesn't help your team. Several of the teams the Eagles played only won 1, 2 or NO games at all. It's like bieng the fastest slow guy or something. Until they beat teams like Ashland, Russell, Raceland, LCA, and win a district title they are not successful. They make 1 or longer trips to play teams that aren't as good as them. When all they have to do is drive 5 minutes to ashland or 30 to Greenup. Or heck even 30 minutes to South Point.

And i'll call a truce(spelling?) here russellpride. I will no longer quote you and try to pick on you lol.
congrats
Why would Mcpeek be a coach at Russell when he is getting head coaching experience at Fairview and sooner or later a better job will open up for him.