Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati 71 - (10) UConn 69
Final!
Super Frosh Lance Stevenson hits two freethrows and finishes with 21 points to lead the Bearcats to a 1-0 record in the Big East
Cincy has a great group of young players. I wouldn't be shocked to see them compete for a Beast East title.
^ With NBA guys Vaughn and Gates, they will be tough. Toyloy is another guy as well as Stevenson that could all be in the NBA next year
I thought for sure Cincy was going to let me down and give this one away but they kept battling and Stevenson hit some clutch free throws to seal it.
Great win for Cincy!!!!!
Great game but Lance S should of missed that second free throw on purpose so the other team wouldn't have had a descent shot at all.
great win for the bearcats. i like the bearcats. glad they are finally getting it together. they will get some big wins in the big east this year.
do u think that was a foul at the end of the game
catsfan4ever Wrote:Great game but Lance S should of missed that second free throw on purpose so the other team wouldn't have had a descent shot at all.

I agree, I kept yelling at the TV, but he didn't listen - LOL. Don't even give them a chance to set up anything.
back_in_black Wrote:do u think that was a foul at the end of the game

Yes, the guy wrapped Stevenson's arm. The second guy did not foul. The announcers were way off when they kept saying that the ref didn't blow the whistle until the second guy went up. It was clear on the replays that the ref was point directly at the first guy when he blew the whistle. If I could see it, how did the announcers miss it on every replay???
Stardust Wrote:Yes, the guy wrapped Stevenson's arm. The second guy did not foul. The announcers were way off when they kept saying that the ref didn't blow the whistle until the second guy went up. It was clear on the replays that the ref was point directly at the first guy when he blew the whistle. If I could see it, how did the announcers miss it on every replay???

I agree Stardust. I think that Dyson fouled Stephenson on the floor, but Edwards or Oriakhi did not foul him on the shot. Edwards appeared to have all ball on the shot and Oriakhi had a nice weak side block. Dyson did foul on the wrap around.

Stephenson looks like he is making people pay for not taking him. He may be the smoothest player in college behind John Wall (from what I've seen thus far). Cincinatti can and should wreak havoc in the Big East this year. People can say what they want about the Big East being down this year, but I'm not seeing it.
ImagineThat! Wrote:I agree Stardust. I think that Dyson fouled Stephenson on the floor, but Edwards or Oriakhi did not foul him on the shot. Edwards appeared to have all ball on the shot and Oriakhi had a nice weak side block. Dyson did foul on the wrap around.

Stephenson looks like he is making people pay for not taking him. He may be the smoothest player in college behind John Wall (from what I've seen thus far). Cincinatti can and should wreak havoc in the Big East this year. People can say what they want about the Big East being down this year, but I'm not seeing it.

All the hype about Henry, from what I have seen, I would take Stevenson before him
Who said the Big East would be down? Sports Illustrated had 8 from the Big East making the NCAA tourney in their preseaon preview.
LClion4life Wrote:Who said the Big East would be down? Sports Illustrated had 8 from the Big East making the NCAA tourney in their preseaon preview.

I agree. I think the BEAST is slightly down in total power, but they are deeper than at anytime I can ever remember. They will put more teams in the tourney than any other conference.

As I said, I don't think they have a top 3 team this year, but I expect that they will put several teams in the top 25 this season.
Stevenson has great court presence and awareness. The announcers commented several times, head is up looking off a rebound and into transition.
I like Stevenson and he will do some great things at UC this season and I like that UC is getting back into competing in the Big East. However ever I thought the call at the end of the game was terrible. If you are going to call the foul, you have to call the foul on the body and reach out front. But to not call that and then call the block attempt a foul was out right terrible. When they slowed it down I did not even think he was fouled after the reach foul. I do agree Stardust that the official did immediately point at the first guy inside on the foul and the announcers never metioned that or just plain missed it, over and over. If the official did not call the foul outside then the game should have went to overtime. I think UC still wins but I personally did not like the ending. It was an very exciting game to watch.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I like Stevenson and he will do some great things at UC this season and I like that UC is getting back into competing in the Big East. However ever I thought the call at the end of the game was terrible. If you are going to call the foul, you have to call the foul on the body and reach out front. But to not call that and then call the block attempt a foul was out right terrible. When they slowed it down I did not even think he was fouled after the reach foul. I do agree Stardust that the official did immediately point at the first guy inside on the foul and the announcers never metioned that or just plain missed it, over and over. If the official did not call the foul outside then the game should have went to overtime. I think UC still wins but I personally did not like the ending. It was an very exciting game to watch.

I don't disagree at all with that:Thumbs:

It would have still put Stevenson at the line, but let's face it, it's a heck of a lot harder to make the front end of a one and one that it is to shoot a guarenteed two. His first still rattled in, but he knew he had a second shot coming, which he swished. That game would have been interesting if it went to OT.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Stevenson has great court presence and awareness. The announcers commented several times, head is up looking off a rebound and into transition.

Great call Augie, it;s how he was labeled when he was being recruited.
Stardust Wrote:I don't disagree at all with that:Thumbs:

It would have still put Stevenson at the line, but let's face it, it's a heck of a lot harder to make the front end of a one and one that it is to shoot a guarenteed two. His first still rattled in, but he knew he had a second shot coming, which he swished. That game would have been interesting if it went to OT.

I had thought about that as well, definately would have done it had UC been on the road.
Great win for the bearcats!!!!
No surprise here..