Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lose Job or not?
Should the Magoffin Co. head football coach lose his job?
1.He and a parent had pretty heavy argument.
2.In a middle school game he punched the other teams coach. (these details are directly from hearsay)

IMO if Magoffin keeps him in charge it shows no class on there part. What do you all think just wondering.?
Well since the major incident is just hearsay, you can't fire him on that. And coaches get in arguements with parents all the time. So I don't see a reason to fire him.
Boys you need to see how he treats the players and also hie has past of violence in sports even grade school man he needs anger management.
Your way out of line #79! believe me he will prob. be your coach this season and has told me he will be back and the admin. has not said he will not either. Hope that aint your real number from last season, cause my pinion, what your saying will get back and your no. will tell all! Ive never heard of another incident, so according to you he should be coach Bobby Knight.The guy took over the job cause no-one else wanted it and he's 5-10, 165 pounds or so, even if he got real mad I dont forsee alot of destruction in the wake.I know the guy and he seems like a pretty low-keyed guy to me and im not buying all this violence crap.
vince Wrote:Your way out of line #79! believe me he will prob. be your coach this season and has told me he will be back and the admin. has not said he will not either. Hope that aint your real number from last season, cause my pinion, what your saying will get back and your no. will tell all! Ive never heard of another incident, so according to you he should be coach Bobby Knight.The guy took over the job cause no-one else wanted it and he's 5-10, 165 pounds or so, even if he got real mad I dont forsee alot of destruction in the wake.I know the guy and he seems like a pretty low-keyed guy to me and im not buying all this violence crap.
See? You guys keep fighting amogst yourselves and cant understand why the team is suffering. If the community doesnt stick together how can you expect the team? Just asking.
Hey vince i may have been out of line but I went to the grade school he coached at and trust me he was the one out of line.
vince Wrote:Your way out of line #79! believe me he will prob. be your coach this season and has told me he will be back and the admin. has not said he will not either. Hope that aint your real number from last season, cause my pinion, what your saying will get back and your no. will tell all! Ive never heard of another incident, so according to you he should be coach Bobby Knight.The guy took over the job cause no-one else wanted it and he's 5-10, 165 pounds or so, even if he got real mad I dont forsee alot of destruction in the wake.I know the guy and he seems like a pretty low-keyed guy to me and im not buying all this violence crap.

Do you really believe this?

This isn't about you/me---

But lets think about this for a minute--if the coach hit someone while he was representing a school in some type of athletic event--do you really think that he should keep his job?

Better yet--do you think that any other coach would keep his job?

I would think that most of this hinges on what the real story is--but--if this is the real story. . . . I would waste my time defending someone like that--regardless if they are the only one who would coach that team.
[The guy took over the job cause no-one else wanted it and he's 5-10, 165 pounds or so, even if he got real mad I dont forsee alot of destruction in the wake.I know the guy and he seems like a pretty low-keyed guy to me and im not buying all this violence crap.[/QUOTE]

Not true! He took the job because the HS principal at the time wanted him and the head AD plays golf w/him. You need to be worried cause if he is gone you are gone and so is coacher 06! Others were gonna take it but because he begged for it and talked to his friends.....he got it. After all, it wasn't even advertised! Isn't that illegal?
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Do you really believe this?

This isn't about you/me---

But lets think about this for a minute--if the coach hit someone while he was representing a school in some type of athletic event--do you really think that he should keep his job?

Better yet--do you think that any other coach would keep his job?

I would think that most of this hinges on what the real story is--but--if this is the real story. . . . I would waste my time defending someone like that--regardless if they are the only one who would coach that team.

This is a real story.....it happened!
Am I reading this right? Is vince on this staff? That makes a little more sense as to where he is coming from . . . . . . .(which isn't bad in my eyes).

If this really happened--then this is a no brainer. It has nothing to do with my personal feelings--but this is not the kind of person that you want to have kids around (especially if it happened in front of kids to begin with).

I am surprised that we haven't heard more about this one on a state wide level.
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Am I reading this right? Is vince on this staff? That makes a little more sense as to where he is coming from . . . . . . .(which isn't bad in my eyes).

If this really happened--then this is a no brainer. It has nothing to do with my personal feelings--but this is not the kind of person that you want to have kids around (especially if it happened in front of kids to begin with).

I am sure the job was posted, however that doesn't mean you have to acept any applications. The current administration does not care about the situation, that is obvious. Until a large group of parents pull together and make a stand, nothing will be done.
Hillbilly, i'm just going by what coach told me and that he was not at fault.
I've never seen him get out of line and believe me alot of times he prob. should have got more fired up then he did. I didn't see what happened, so therefore I will take coaches word on it until I know for sure he was 100% at fault. I'll give coach the benefit of the doubt till he's proven guilty, but It just don't seem like him to go that far. He's told me he wasn't at fault, I didn't see it, but until I know for a fact, I will not condemn the man. Alot of people speculate what happened, I don't know, but there is a word called loyalty among coaches and until it's proven he was 100% at fault, I'll back him. No, i don't condone any coach acting in such a manner but he's told me a diff. story from what im seeing and i wont throw off on the man unless i knew it was 100% all him and the truth.I do know what being loyal means and until I know for sure otherwise, I believe him.
Vince here is some good advice keep your nose in your business because dont say something unless you seen it with your own eyes and also dont worry about me ill take care of myself.
Poor old Vince or should I say coach C######! Funny , I asked him about this just the other day and havn't seen him on here since the day he denied being V####.
I put 2 and 2 together, had to be someone around the team some, knew me personally, and had a good sports knowledge and understanding of the game.
Think about it, who fits that bill? Only one guy! This guy had to have been at practice some and came to some games and he had to have gotten to know some of the kids as well. I heard coach H##### hit another coach and coach W####### said he saw it. If that's the case, He should be dismissed. Sorry to say, But if your going to go around punching people in a gym full of parents and children, You don't need to coach at all.
The Boz Wrote:Poor old Vince or should I say coach C######! Funny , I asked him about this just the other day and havn't seen him on here since the day he denied being V####.
I put 2 and 2 together, had to be someone around the team some, knew me personally, and had a good sports knowledge and understanding of the game.
Think about it, who fits that bill? Only one guy! This guy had to have been at practice some and came to some games and he had to have gotten to know some of the kids as well. I heard coach H##### hit another coach and coach W####### said he saw it. If that's the case, He should be dismissed. Sorry to say, But if your going to go around punching people in a gym full of parents and children, You don't need to coach at all.

You need to remember this rule:2. Don't attempt to reveal another member's real identity without their permission!
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:Am I reading this right? Is vince on this staff? That makes a little more sense as to where he is coming from . . . . . . .(which isn't bad in my eyes).

Vince isnt on the staff he just came to practices and stood and watched
BelfryJustice Wrote:You need to remember this rule:2. Don't attempt to reveal another member's real identity without their permission!
Well then why hasnt vince been in trouble he has revealed my name a hundred times without my permission?!?!?!
what is your real name vince?
he maybe too scared.