Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2010
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:i think these sizes are from last year, dotson is every bit 6'2 and 225 or more, tackett looks much bigger, garett has the best work ethic of them all, dont forget james may i would put him ahead of nelson and willis and even with dotson
ok not a close call on james may no offense because he is a good player but he will have his turn but not this year. In the tackle position it will be Cameron T. Micah mahon or Preston Young with Preston Dotson playin some. Guards will be Garrett with either Josh or Tuffy . At Center Keegan with tuffy also in 2nd.
The Defense will be pretty good heres a list of the could be starters The D-line probably be James hardin NG Micah and Steven At Tackle. 3 way D end battle Morgan bentley, Tony messer , and David Estepp also those 3 are battling for TE spot too. Linebackers will be Gary Runyon with Payton mullins also madison ghormley and Joey duty will battle for 3rd. Im not too sure about the CB and Safety pos. but ill say Josh dixon, Jeffree pruitt, Josh Francis, and i really dont know a 4th.
belfry0304 Wrote:[Image: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-s...9484_n.jpg]

what yall think?

wheres crash?
cuppett777 Wrote:wheres crash?

He didn't take a picture with them, haha.
[quote=Belfry0304]He didn't take a picture with them, haha.[/QU
tell him they all 3 need to take 1 together you have a project,lol
This bunch of guys are going to be good they have more talent then all this people
give them credit for watch here comes the BIG RED MACHINE once again.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:This bunch of guys are going to be good they have more talent then all this people
give them credit for watch here comes the BIG RED MACHINE once again.
We have so much depth at every position.
Belfry Insider Wrote:We have so much depth at every position.

I can name 4 quality RB's, 2 FB's, 2 QB's, 5 WR's, 3 TE's, 7 or 8 Lineman.
Spoke to someone who has been following Belfry football for the past 30 years and here is what he said:

" This is the most young talent I have ever seen Haywood have. They will take some time at the start to get used to the pace of the game and doing the small things right, but by the end of the season they should be pretty good,, and the next 3 years they could be great."

" The only thing keeping Warren from being the QB by the end of the season will be if Williams can continue winning and protecting the ball. Williams looks nearly twice as good as last year, but Warren is going to be special. He runs the ball like Daniel Wright and passes the ball like Elkins."

" Willis is back but he is definitely favoring his leg. May be too much talent for him to get the nod at RB."

"The secondary is F-A-S-T. This may be the best secondary Belfry will ever field by the end of the season. I don't see anyone having alot of success passing."

"The line is quick and several kids are bigger than I expected. Won't be a dominant line, but they could really open up some big plays with their ability to get down field and block"

"Gary Runyon looks like a brand new player and is definitely a step faster. Carroll looks good running the ball."

"Defensive line is the biggest question mark. Will also be interesting to see how the O-line responds when teams put 10 in the box since they aren't so big."
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Spoke to someone who has been following Belfry football for the past 30 years and here is what he said:

" This is the most young talent I have ever seen Haywood have. They will take some time at the start to get used to the pace of the game and doing the small things right, but by the end of the season they should be pretty good,, and the next 3 years they could be great."

" The only thing keeping Warren from being the QB by the end of the season will be if Williams can continue winning and protecting the ball. Williams looks nearly twice as good as last year, but Warren is going to be special. He runs the ball like Daniel Wright and passes the ball like Elkins."

" Willis is back but he is definitely favoring his leg. May be too much talent for him to get the nod at RB."

"The secondary is F-A-S-T. This may be the best secondary Belfry will ever field by the end of the season. I don't see anyone having alot of success passing."

"The line is quick and several kids are bigger than I expected. Won't be a dominant line, but they could really open up some big plays with their ability to get down field and block"

"Gary Runyon looks like a brand new player and is definitely a step faster. Carroll looks good running the ball."

"Defensive line is the biggest question mark. Will also be interesting to see how the O-line responds when teams put 10 in the box since they aren't so big."

This is a good post the only thing is i thank they will be better at the start
of the season this year.
Are people forgetting about nose tackle James harden, he has the potential to be the heart and soul of the D-line
belfrysteeler Wrote:Are people forgetting about nose tackle James harden, he has the potential to be the heart and soul of the D-line

Big James, and Stevan Gibbs down there are both monsters, time will tell on Micah Mahon. At ends Morgan Bentley & Tony Messer will do just fine.

Short quarterbacks would have nightmares, the shortest one of those kids is 6'3.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Big James, and Stevan Gibbs down there are both monsters, time will tell on Micah Mahon. At ends Morgan Bentley & Tony Messer will do just fine.

Short quarterbacks would have nightmares, the shortest one of those kids is 6'3.

Messer can be an all stater before he leaves Belfry if he gets more aggressive, and he may be by now,havent seen him play in 2yrs..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only definite loss is Johnson Central

Belfry will be the underdog against Letcher Central, Ashland, and Sheldon Clark

Belfry is even with Pburg

Belfry is a slight favorite over Pike Central and Whitley County

Optimist says Belfry goes 7-3
Pessimist says Belfry goes 5-5.

I will say 6-4 with losses to JC, SC, Ashland, and LCC.

there is NO such thing as a "definite loss". in '08, everyone said jc was a "definite loss" and matney was simply outcoached. i think we'll beat lcc b/c just like last year, i think they'll have the bighead about'em. sc will be a tough but exciting game, could go either way. depends on who shows up to play. as for ashland, havent seen/heard much on them this year, so im not gonna make any asuumptions.
Hazard coming over tomorrow i thank it will go well.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Hazard coming over tomorrow i thank it will go well.

cant wait to get my cd from it, still waiting on one from 7 on 7, and look forward to the rest of them through the year since i live so far away..
Anyone know the official start time? Will there be an admission fee to the game? Concession stands? Does anyone know if the Belfry kids will be wearing their actual numbers or will they be in goofy/random practice jerseys?

I think I will be attending from out of town and just want to get some details.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Anyone know the official start time? Will there be an admission fee to the game? Concession stands? Does anyone know if the Belfry kids will be wearing their actual numbers or will they be in goofy/random practice jerseys?

I think I will be attending from out of town and just want to get some details.

6:30 is the start time, I don't know about admission but if there is it will not be much at all. I would imagine the concessions will be open because it will be VERY hot. Looking at the '08 scrimmage the guys have Pike County Bowl jerseys on, if they're in the wrong # someone around you will probably know. I hope I helped
I'll be surprised if they start anywhere near 6:30. The heat index is very high today. Let's hope everyone is hydrated properly, safety measures are followed, and everyone has a good, healthy, productive scrimmage.