Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Johnson Central for real this year or was this a fluke?
Football Mama Wrote:The JC team is absolutely FOR REAL!!! They are an awesome team. The Coach from Boyle Co. even said so. He said that if the Refs hadn't made a couple of BAD CALLS that JC would have beat Boyle by one TD, instead of them by one TD. I was there and it was the MOST EXCITING game I have seen in YEARS!! I look forward to the rest of the season. GO EAGLES GO!!!! Love ya boys!!!

Have you got a link to that quote. That doesn't sound like something a coach would say to the press.

BTW, what were the BAD CALLS you suspect? If I remember from the stats JC only had 2 flags thrown against them the whole day. It's not like the hankies were flying against them all night. :popcorn:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yea well I think there are some boys over on ELM st. (That'd be putnam stadium) That might have something to say bout that?? :dontthink

So, should we assume from the double question marks at the end of your sentence that you don't believe that, or the boys on Elm Street don't believe that?

Seems to me that the last time Johnson Central traveled to Putnam Stadium it was a nightmare for the Tomcats, one from which they never awoke. BTW, when was the last time Ashland defeated Johnson Central? Was it the controversial "missed" field goal?

(just having fun)
khsgamenight Wrote:So, should we assume from the double question marks at the end of your sentence that you don't believe that, or the boys on Elm Street don't believe that?

Seems to me that the last time Johnson Central traveled to Putnam Stadium it was a nightmare for the Tomcats, one from which they never awoke. BTW, when was the last time Ashland defeated Johnson Central? Was it the controversial "missed" field goal?

(just having fun)

Well don't count out the cats they got a long way to go but so did central last year I expect another great game between the 2
Hatz Wrote:Have you got a link to that quote. That doesn't sound like something a coach would say to the press.

BTW, what were the BAD CALLS you suspect? If I remember from the stats JC only had 2 flags thrown against them the whole day. It's not like the hankies were flying against them all night. :popcorn:

Its not that jc got tons of flas called on them cause they didnt, it is that there were at least 3 clipping calls i saw that wasnt called on boyle.
showgun Wrote:Its not that jc got tons of flas called on them cause they didnt, it is that there were at least 3 clipping calls i saw that wasnt called on boyle.

Since you are not pointing out any penalties that JC committed and were not called or that JC did not commit any more penalties, can I believe that you are saying that JC needed more home cooking?:biggrin:

Listening to the game on the Boyle radio, I got the impression it was a fairly well officiated game.
The only calls that seemed suspect to me were the sideline warning penalties...each school had one penalty from that call. And the one called against Boyle hurt more because it gave Johnson Central a first down on a 3rd and 4 situation.
I don't think getting beat was a fluke. Is that the question?
Both teams had their up's and down's. The Boyle County secondary didn't do very well and I don't think the linebackers played up to their potential. Still alot more football to be played. Both teams will benefit from this game. There are no losers.
khsgamenight Wrote:The only calls that seemed suspect to me were the sideline warning penalties...each school had one penalty from that call. And the one called against Boyle hurt more because it gave Johnson Central a first down on a 3rd and 4 situation.

There was a fumble early in the game that Boyle recovered, and the ball was called down. Definitely suspect, I'll go as far to say it was home cooked and the wrong call.
Overall IMO the refs didn't play a role on who won the game and let the teams decide it on the field. What was it like 5 flags for the game and none where over I believe 5 yards. They did not hurt or help either team win or lose and that's all you can ask for.
showgun Wrote:Its not that jc got tons of flas called on them cause they didnt, it is that there were at least 3 clipping calls i saw that wasnt called on boyle.

Why even bring up the missed calls and penalties? We BC fans didn't use them as excuses... A fumble recovery and an interception were 'missed' by the refs that would have stopped, I believe, 2 of ur scoring drives. Now, u still wanna talk about missed calls? Don't make excuses, it makes ur program look bad.
This is no disrespect to the JC fans that showed wonderful hospitality and kindness at the game. I didn't know what to expect, but came away genuinely impressed by the people of JC!
Oh yeah.... I think JC is no fluke. They came out and punched us in the mouth and didn't let up. I was very impressed by JJ Jude!
Football Mama Wrote:The JC team is absolutely FOR REAL!!! They are an awesome team. The Coach from Boyle Co. even said so. He said that if the Refs hadn't made a couple of BAD CALLS that JC would have beat Boyle by one TD, instead of them by one TD. I was there and it was the MOST EXCITING game I have seen in YEARS!! I look forward to the rest of the season. GO EAGLES GO!!!! Love ya boys!!!

No way on earth did Larry French say that. I'm calling BS on this one.
JC offense was very impressive and I'd say they are for real. They will need to find a defense though before their can be any talk of beating Fort Thomas.
This was a great game that was played very hard on both sides. JC is gonna be tough this year, no doubt in my mind about that. Refs did a great job calling this game. There may have been a missed call or two but all in all it was even. Couldn't of asked for a better season opener than this one.
Good Luck the rest of the way JC!!!
JC lost what is the point of this
kmba32 Wrote:JC lost what is the point of this

I believe some people just came away surprised with how close and well JC played Boyle. The same Boyle that returns 8 starters and another that played quite a bit on defense that lead the charge to a state title last season. Too early in the year to say if it was a fluke or if they are for real...it's just one game. I think though if they continue to improve each week they will be in line for a rematch with Highlands at JC week 3 of the playoffs. Best of luck to both Boyle and Johnson Central on the remainder of their seasons.
If they ever beat the Bluebirds then they will be for real . :eyeroll:
IRISH4 Wrote:I believe some people just came away surprised with how close and well JC played Boyle. The same Boyle that returns 8 starters and another that played quite a bit on defense that lead the charge to a state title last season. Too early in the year to say if it was a fluke or if they are for real...it's just one game. I think though if they continue to improve each week they will be in line for a rematch with Highlands at JC week 3 of the playoffs. Best of luck to both Boyle and Johnson Central on the remainder of their seasons.

I have alot of respect for the JC football program because it is not an automatic win when you face them, they don't play weak teams, and that says alot about there coach and staff. TOTAL RESPECT:notworthy
As long as Matney is coaching at JC, they will be "for real" every season.