Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boise State projected as BCS No. 1
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Why do you say that? I am ready for UK basketball and there is nothing that can really undo my excitement for that. The BCS gets so old year after year when the rankings come out and we all begin the discussion of a playoff system... I am tired and ready to see the new system happen and make it to where these non-BCS conference teams will have there chance instead of ripping a bit away from a worthy team just because they have the tougher schedule as well......
So a couple of things:
- UK football is not doing anything special.
- Bengals are underachieving as always.
= Anxious for the start of Basketball season.

I was joking with you. Besides that, I'm not much of a basketball fan but love football.
SEC fan here.

Boise is legit and they play a schedule = to The Big 10..........and lets not even talk about The Big Least..........

Ohio State plays/played ranked Miami, Wisconsin, and Iowa.

Boise St. plays/played ranked Virginia Tech, Oregon State, and Nevada.

I know VT lost to JM, but they will probably win the ACC.
^ C'mon Next, don't even compare the Big 10 schedule to the WAC. This is not even comparable. The three teams that OSU and BSU play are pretty comparable in National rankings. But is you are going to say that the rest of the WAC schedule even comes close to the bottom feeders of the Big 10, then your argument holds no merit. BSU has played well, but no way in Gods green earth that these two schedules are comparable.
I think there the majority of the top 25 could go undefeated with Boise's schedule....
Boise State and TCU are beast clubs.
LWC Wrote:I do agree that the BCS needs to be tweaked. Playoffs might be too hard on the kids careers, but something needs to be done. I am perfectly fine with an 8 team playoff if at least 1, preferrably 2 regular season games are cut (1 non-conference, maybe 2 and 1 conference game, or none).

I believe the BCS at LEAST needs a +1. Many times the only true complaints are from teams that are in the Top 5 anyway. Now that the Big-10 added a Conference Championship, that helps the argument.

Right now there are 13 undefeated teams in the AP poll. Only two of those teams do not
A. Play against another undefeated team (almost every undefeated team will play at least one undefeated Top 25 team, thus cancelling many out)
B. Play a Conference Championship game. Usually undefeated teams play each other OR an undefeated team plays a great team.

Basically, the only teams that have an argument are teams that are undefeated at the end of the season. I cannot remember the last time that 3+ teams were undefeated. Let us look at what a +1 game would do:

Boise State vs. Ohio State
Oregon vs. Undefeated Big 12 Champ
Undefeated SEC vs TCU

IF 6 teams go undefeated, the BCS will have a big problem, so they would hope for 4 teams of less. If they have 5+ undefeated teams, the world will moan for playoffs

Lets suppose some of those teams lose along the way or that SOS drops for a non-BCS school. (Sorry, I do not see an undefeated SEC team happening this season.)

Boise State vs. Ohio State
Oregon vs. Undefeated Big 12 Champ

Let's say that Ohio State wins and Oregon wins. Both are undefeated bowl championship teams that won their BCS conference championships. Both have legitimate claims at the National Championship, right? Make them play each other!

Ohio State vs. Oregon....winner take all.

For this to happen, the bowl games need to be moved back to allow time for the +1 game, but there is usually OVER A MONTH long wait, lol. Plenty of time to move games back, lol.

Whatcha think?

The SEC regular season is TOUGHER than any possible playoff. Alabama just played at Arkansas, FLORIDA, and at South Carolina (who was coming off an off week). Do you think any team in the country could run this gauntlet and still be undefeated? I do not.

Oh yeah, in November Alabama gets to go to undefeated LSU, then the following Sat. play a physically tough Miss. State team, before finishing the season two weeks later in the Iron Bowl against undefeated Auburn.

The reason SEC teams do so good in bowl games is because they get 3-5 weeks to heal up from the brutal regular season schedule. Personally I'd love to see the season cut back to 10 games (6 conf. games) and then a ten team playoff for the nat'l title. #1 would play the winner of #8/#10, #2 would play the winner of #7/9, #3 vs. 6, and #4 vs. 5. That would only take 4 weeks to play. #1-6 in the polls would have the advantage over #7-10 only having to win 3 games.
Westside Wrote:I was joking with you. Besides that, I'm not much of a basketball fan but love football.

Sorry about that man. I just wanted to state why you know :Thumbs: So you really do not like basketball? Man that is what I live for you know! By the way I like you signature.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:^ C'mon Next, don't even compare the Big 10 schedule to the WAC. This is not even comparable. The three teams that OSU and BSU play are pretty comparable in National rankings. But is you are going to say that the rest of the WAC schedule even comes close to the bottom feeders of the Big 10, then your argument holds no merit. BSU has played well, but no way in Gods green earth that these two schedules are comparable.

Listen, I am a Penn State fan first and foremost, SEC fan after that. The Big 10 is horrid, and the majority of the conference would be .500 teams if they played in the SEC. I don't buy into what the media and ESPN want us to everyday, or the tradition the Big 10 built when there was 3 networks.

I'd take Boise St. in one game against EVERY SCHOOL in the Big 10 and especially in the Big LEast. The speed in their 1st units are equal to everyone in the Big 10 and coaching wise I'll take Petersen over everyone of them, even Darth Vest.....

With that said the bottom of the WAC is horrid too, but the big schools wanted this and karma is a b............
Yahoo had a good article today about the BCS system. It was called ‘Death to the BCS:’ Nonsense rules'. It talked about some of the things that everyone dislikes about the BCS and how certain people benefit from it.
^ I am still hoping beyond all hope that we have a Boise State / TCU National Championship game. If we get this, it will eliminate the BCS forever, and hopefully establish a playoff system as early as next season.
Now that would be a media buffet for a month.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OrangenowBlue Wrote:The only joke or jokes in this is the current BCS system and the people who support it.

Yes! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
why is it always well boise would be an average team in the SEC... even great teams can be average in the SEC. if you put boise in the big east they would play for the BCS championship this year.

right now i think boise st would easily win the big east title if they were in that league. is any team right now better? any indication that any team will get better?

i am 90% confident that they could win the big 10 and acc. OSU is about the only consistent program in the big 10. florida st. and miami both are playing well but they have been down. there really hasnt been a very good consistent acc football team for a few years.

in the pac 10 and big 12 i think they could consistently be in the top 2-4 in that conference. USC will always be strong though they are down slightly now. oregon is playing well now and you always will have the treats of ucla, washington, or. st. in the big 12 outside of texas and oklahoma who is consistent? missouri can play as well but after that...

the sec is a toss up. yes you have a few teams that will always be good, but if you look uga, tenn, SC, auburn, arkansas you never really no what team will come to play. they can be dangerous. it takes not only a special team to go undefeated but you also need luck. alabama needed a blocked fg attempt to beat tennessee last year.
You guys forgot how close we came to Boise St being in the championship game last year. If Oklahoma missed that field goal or they didn't put anymore time on the clock, look what would have happen. I think it will happen, and the NCAA is biting there nails hoping it never does, but if it does. Look out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Let them play in the SEC and see what their record would be!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sorry about that man. I just wanted to state why you know :Thumbs: So you really do not like basketball? Man that is what I live for you know! By the way I like you signature.

:Thumbs: