Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League takes over of Hornets!
NEW ORLEANS (AP)—NBA Commissioner David Stern confirmed on Monday that the league is proceeding with its plan to buy the New Orleans Hornets from majority owner George Shinn and minority owner Gary Chouest.

Shinn has been trying since last spring to sell the team to Chouest, but those negotiations stalled.

“George Shinn has been an exceptional owner for New Orleans and Gary Chouest has been extraordinarily supportive as a minority owner,” Stern said. “However, in light of the uncertain economic situation in New Orleans and Louisiana, Gary has decided not to move forward with the purchase of George’s majority interest.

Is this good or bad for the League?
It's good.....
as long as the Hornets don't start getting all the calls lol

It's never good for a team to go under.
Not good if you live in New Orleans and you like the Hornets. Chris Paul will be playing somewhere else next year I would bet.
Where else could they move to if that is an option? Could a second team survive in Arizona and Tuscon? There has been talk of Las Vegas, but would any league put a team in LV?
Sooo who would run the Hornets? David Stern?
No, the NBA needs to make this right. New Orleans is a small market city with two major sports franchises. The Saints arent going anywhere, but the city could do without the Hornets. Move them to Seattle. That would be the best thing to do for the team and the league. Seattle has a huge, proven fan base, a big market, and the resources to successfully field a team. I would love to see this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bring one to Louisville!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Not good if you live in New Orleans and you like the Hornets. Chris Paul will be playing somewhere else next year I would bet.

I read an article and it said they will keep Paul in NO to make the team as attractive as possible to potential buyers.
^or Hazard Wink
On Around the Horn they was talking about potential cities the Hornets could go to. They mentioned Kansas City, they do have a very nice facility already, but I cant remember the other places.

My thought was how come St.Louis doesnt have a NBA team? They have all the other major sports. It is a fairly decent market, not as big as NO but apparently something is wrong down there.

So what you think? St.Louis a good spot for a new NBA team? What could they be called?