•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trayvon Martin Death
Truth Wrote:Do you suppose that the media will balance its reporting by showing only pictures of Zimmerman as a second grader as they do for Martin?

Reports indicate that Martin was five or six inchers taller than Zimmerman, weighed about the same as Zimmerman, and was a weightlifter/football player. His elementary school picture doesn't seem to indicate those facts.

Look for Zimmerman to be convicted in one way or the other regardless of the real facts. After all, sending a Hispanic to jail is cheaper than paying for all the rioting, looting, and maiming that will result from an acquittal. Lady Justice in today's America is no longer blind and objective. She is now quite selective and subjective.
No, reports say Martin was 10 years younger, and about a hundred pounds less weight. BTW, they are showing his high school age(recent) picture. False information is still false, no matter how many times you repeat it.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, reports say Martin was 10 years younger, and about a hundred pounds less weight. BTW, they are showing his high school age(recent) picture. False information is still false, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Who is? I haven't seen one yet that looked like a 17 year old. Does he just look young for his age?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Who is? I haven't seen one yet that looked like a 17 year old. Does he just look young for his age?
My kid is 17, and looks the same age as those pictures.
TheRealVille Wrote:My kid is 17, and looks the same age as those pictures.
The relevant fact in this case is that Martin did not look like he did in the photos taken when he was 13 at the time he died. The media's repeated portrayal of Martin as a smallish young teenager was wrong and it was deliberate.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The relevant fact in this case is that Martin did not look like he did in the photos taken when he was 13 at the time he died. The media's repeated portrayal of Martin as a smallish young teenager was wrong and it was deliberate.
The pictures were recent. The relevant facts in the case, is that Zimmerman had no right to follow him and confront him. Martin had the right to defend himself(if he did) under the "stand your ground" law, and Zimmerman shot and killed him.
TheRealVille Wrote:The pictures were recent. The relevant facts in the case, is that Zimmerman had no right to follow him and confront him.
The photos that got the most air time were not recent.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The photos that got the most air time were not recent.
Proof? Real proof, not some blog.
TheRealVille Wrote:Proof? Real proof, not some blog.
Where is your proof that the photos are recent? The family has not disputed that the photos that are frequently used are at least 3 years old. You have consistently swallowed every line that the race hustlers like Al Sharpton have thrown you in this case. Surely by now you have seen photos of the 17-year old Trevon Martin and can tell the difference between those and the 13 or 14 year old Martin, or are you that blinded by your Obama shades?
Why don't you use your own eyes and mind? Here is a photo of Trayvon Martin wearing a hoodie, which appeared in the Miami Herald on March 22. Below are photos of Martin and Zimmerman, which have been used most frequently by all media, including popular blogs and Fox News Channel. Do you think that both of these photos show Martin as a 17-year old? If so, then you need an eye exam.

[Image: http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploa...20x457.jpg]

[Image: http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012....Em.56.jpg]

And why do you think that the media decided to use an old mug shot of George Zimmerman instead of a recent photo, such as the one below?

[Image: http://mije.org/sites/default/files/resi...75x273.jpg]

The fact is, the media has portrayed Martin in the best light possible and Zimmerman in the worst light possible. I don't fault the media for not using the hoodie photo but they should have asked the family for a more recent photo, such as a school photo and they should have asked Zimmerman for a more recent photo as well. Neither photo should not have been prejudicial to the case, and there is no doubt that the selected photos were.

That's what I'm asking. What do you know that I don't about this case? I just read Travon was being discilplined by his high school administrators, and was serving a 10 day suspension from his school, that's the reason he was out walking around in the first place. If I put myself in Zimmerman's position, I might be suspicious about somebody unfamiliar walking aroung the neighborhood. If I was a watch leader of sorts, I might even try to notice where the person was going. It is hard to imagine Zimmerman just sort executed Martin and that is what most folks are inferring from what I gather.

What is Zimmerman's basic biography?
George Michael Zimmerman was born in 1983, the third of four children of Robert and Gladys Zimmerman. Robert, a retired military man and magistrate judge, describes the family as multiracial, telling the Orlando Sentinel that "George is a Spanish-speaking minority with many black family members and friends." Gladys is of Peruvian descent. George grew up in Manassas, Va., where neighbors describe the Zimmermans as very religious — George was an altar boy and evening receptionist at the family's parish, All Saints Catholic Church. The Zimmerman children attended Catholic school through eighth grade, then public high school. The family moved to Florida about a decade ago. George married Shellie Nicole Dean, a cosmetologist, in 2007.

What does he do for a living?
At the time he shot Martin, Zimmerman was working as an underwriter at mortgage risk-management firm Digital Risk. He had also been working on an associates degree at Seminole State College from 2009, with an eye toward law enforcement, until the school pushed him out after the shooting, citing safety reasons. In 2008, Zimmerman completed a 14-week citizens' police academy program offered by the Seminole Sheriff's Department. Zimmerman has also worked in the past as an insurance agent, and at used-car seller CarMax.

To me if it's odd Travon got shot, (and it certainly seems to be), then it's odd that Zimmerman would have shot him without some kind of a confrontation which probably went both ways. It looks to me like they likely traded some meanacing threats between them, Zimmerman could have bitten off more than he could chew when a fight ensued, and he resorted to shooting Travon. It is hard to substantiate a racial bias in this matter from the Zimmerman side of the argument when the bolded statement above is taken even glibly into consideration.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why don't you use your own eyes and mind? Here is a photo of Trayvon Martin wearing a hoodie, which appeared in the Miami Herald on March 22. Below are photos of Martin and Zimmerman, which have been used most frequently by all media, including popular blogs and Fox News Channel. Do you think that both of these photos show Martin as a 17-year old? If so, then you need an eye exam.

[Image: http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploa...20x457.jpg]

[Image: http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012....Em.56.jpg]

And why do you think that the media decided to use an old mug shot of George Zimmerman instead of a recent photo, such as the one below?

[Image: http://mije.org/sites/default/files/resi...75x273.jpg]

The fact is, the media has portrayed Martin in the best light possible and Zimmerman in the worst light possible. I don't fault the media for not using the hoodie photo but they should have asked the family for a more recent photo, such as a school photo and they should have asked Zimmerman for a more recent photo as well. Neither photo should not have been prejudicial to the case, and there is no doubt that the selected photos were.
Yes, both look to be a kid of about the same age. But, Faux News isn't my leader, you decide for yourself.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Where is your proof that the photos are recent? The family has not disputed that the photos that are frequently used are at least 3 years old. You have consistently swallowed every line that the race hustlers like Al Sharpton have thrown you in this case. Surely by now you have seen photos of the 17-year old Trevon Martin and can tell the difference between those and the 13 or 14 year old Martin, or are you that blinded by your Obama shades?
You are the typical racist conservative in this case, and nothing will change your mind. You have made your mind up, according to party lines, so sleep well.
TheRealVille Wrote:You are the typical racist conservative in this case, and nothing will change your mind. You have made your mind up, according to party lines, so sleep well.
No, you are the racist here, RV. You fall right into line with your fellow racists like Al Sharpton who took his mob mentality to Florida to taint the jury pool. In your case, you launched personal attacks against everyone who was not willing to make the quick jump to conclusions that you did. I have once again demonstrated your ignorance of the facts in this case, so you project your own racism onto me because that is easier for you to do than to admit your mistake. In that regard, you and President Obama are peas in a pod.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:No, you are the racist here, RV. You fall right into line with your fellow racists like Al Sharpton who took his mob mentality to Florida to taint the jury pool. In your case, you launched personal attacks against everyone who was not willing to make the quick jump to conclusions that you did. I have once again demonstrated your ignorance of the facts in this case, so you project your own racism onto me because that is easier for you to do than to admit your mistake. In that regard, you and President Obama are peas in a pod.
This is the facts of the case. Treyvon was staying at his dad's girlfriend's house, went to buy candy, and on the way home Zimmerman profiled him, started following him, confronted him, shot him. Even after dispatchers told him not to. "We report, you obey." Play it any way you want, you look to be the fool in this case. As always, you will always play party lines.
TheRealVille Wrote:This is the facts of the case. Treyvon was staying at his dad's girlfriend's house, went to buy candy, and on the way home Zimmerman profiled him, started following him, confronted him, shot him. Even after dispatchers told him not to. "We report, you obey." Play it any way you want, you look to be the fool in this case.
You conveniently left out several alleged facts on which the case will hinge. You must think yourself clever to have personally attacked me to avoid addressing the points that I, and several others, have made about the media bias and use of misleading photos to try to make the case that Zimmerman killed Martin because he was black. Don't worry, liberals rarely admit their mistakes, so I understand that you cannot help dodging the truth. It is your nature. That Zimmerman killed Martin has never been at issue. The question is, did Zimmerman murder Martin, cause his death because of negligent actions, or kill him in self defense.

The hurdle that prosecutors will have to overcome is that murderers typically do not call 911 and alert the police to their own crime. Unless witnesses recant their stories, they will also have to explain away the bruises and cuts on Zimmerman's head. A fuzzy video will not trump eyewitness testimony of a fight and notes made in the police report the night of the shooting. Based on the alleged facts that I have heard, it is very unlikely that Zimmerman will be convicted of second degree murder. It is much more likely that he will be found guilty of a lesser charge - either manslaughter or third-degree murder. IMO, Zimmerman behaved negligently when he followed Martin after calling 911 and after getting his nose busted and his head slammed into the ground, he panicked and shot Martin dead.

So if it makes you feel smart to call everybody who disagrees with you a racist, then go right ahead. Everybody understands why you have to resort to personal attacks in this forum. Most people are just content to let you rant and rave. I am not most people. You lack the mental horsepower to argue logically, so profanity and personal insults are all you've got.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You conveniently left out several alleged facts on which the case will hinge. You must think yourself clever to have personally attacked me to avoid addressing the points that I, and several others, have made about the media bias and use of misleading photos to try to make the case that Zimmerman killed Martin because he was black. Don't worry, liberals rarely admit their mistakes, so I understand that you cannot help dodging the truth. It is your nature. That Zimmerman killed Martin has never been at issue. The question is, did Zimmerman murder Martin, cause his death because of negligent actions, or kill him in self defense.

The hurdle that prosecutors will have to overcome is that murderers typically do not call 911 and alert the police to their own crime. Unless witnesses recant their stories, they will also have to explain away the bruises and cuts on Zimmerman's head. A fuzzy video will not trump eyewitness testimony of a fight and notes made in the police report the night of the shooting. Based on the alleged facts that I have heard, it is very unlikely that Zimmerman will be convicted of second degree murder. It is much more likely that he will be found guilty of a lesser charge - either manslaughter or third-degree murder. IMO, Zimmerman behaved negligently when he followed Martin after calling 911 and after getting his nose busted and his head slammed into the ground, he panicked and shot Martin dead.

So if it makes you feel smart to call everybody who disagrees with you a racist, then go right ahead. Everybody understands why you have to resort to personal attacks in this forum. Most people are just content to let you rant and rave. I am not most people. You lack the mental horsepower to argue logically, so profanity and personal insults are all you've got.
Hello pot. You have no clue what truth means.
TheRealVille Wrote:Hello pot. You have no clue what truth means.
I have been busy the past couple of weeks but I have been reading your posts, RV. You make the same kind of personal attacks against conservative posters, whether I am here or not. You must have misread my last post. I did not call you a liar, I just pointed out your inability to make a logical argument and your emotional instability that causes you to resort to profanity laced personal attacks so often, along with your tendency to brand everybody who disagrees with you a racist. That is what most liberals do when they are challenged to present facts to support their positions. We see it all the time in liberal politicians, liberal "journalists," and union thugs. They just don't know any better and they just don't care.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have been busy the past couple of weeks but I have been reading your posts, RV. You make the same kind of personal attacks against conservative posters, whether I am here or not. You must have misread my last post. I did not call you a liar, I just pointed out your inability to make a logical argument and your emotional instability that causes you to resort to profanity laced personal attacks so often, along with your tendency to brand everybody who disagrees with you a racist. That is what most liberals do when they are challenged to present facts to support their positions. We see it all the time in liberal politicians, liberal "journalists," and union thugs. They just don't know any better and they just don't care.
This has what to do with the facts of the Zimmerman/Martin case? Zimmerman stalked Martin, and killed him. These facts are recorded. Do you wish to continue to derail the thread?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You conveniently left out several alleged facts on which the case will hinge. You must think yourself clever to have personally attacked me to avoid addressing the points that I, and several others, have made about the media bias and use of misleading photos to try to make the case that Zimmerman killed Martin because he was black. Don't worry, liberals rarely admit their mistakes, so I understand that you cannot help dodging the truth. It is your nature. That Zimmerman killed Martin has never been at issue. The question is, did Zimmerman murder Martin, cause his death because of negligent actions, or kill him in self defense.

Where?
Zimmerman was the aggressor. Martin was only trying to get home with his bag of candy when Zimmerman stalked,profiled and killed him, after police told him not to. This is the facts.
TheRealVille Wrote:Where?
You called me a "typical racist conservative" in post #132 and then accused me of derailing the thread...and now demand to know where you personally attacked me? Here's the thing, RV, you seam too obtuse to understand that although George Zimmerman did kill Travon Martin and very well may be guilty of a serious crime in this case, pointing out the bias of the media reports and the racism behind the antics of the Reverand Al does not diminish Zimmeran's culpability for any crime that he may have committed. An objective person might reach the conclusion that Zimmerman is guilty of murder and the media is guilty of malpractice. Those are not either-or propositions and you are a fool to act as if they are.

To call people racists for wanting to discuss how poorly the media and politicians like Obama have conducted themselves in trying to inflame emotions in this case is idiotic. You are the one who has repeatedly tried to derail this thread with your childish insults.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You called me a "typical racist conservative" in post #132 and then accused me of derailing the thread...and now demand to know where you personally attacked me? Here's the thing, RV, you seam too obtuse to understand that although George Zimmerman did kill Travon Martin and very well may be guilty of a serious crime in this case, pointing out the bias of the media reports and the racism behind the antics of the Reverand Al does not diminish Zimmeran's culpability for any crime that he may have committed. An objective person might reach the conclusion that Zimmerman is guilty of murder and the media is guilty of malpractice. Those are not either-or propositions and you are a fool to act as if they are.

To call people racists for wanting to discuss how poorly the media and politicians like Obama have conducted themselves in trying to inflame emotions in this case is idiotic. You are the one who has repeatedly tried to derail this thread with your childish insults.
Show me one post where I have taken up for the "Sharpton types".
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You called me a "typical racist conservative" in post #132 and then accused me of derailing the thread...and now demand to know where you personally attacked me? Here's the thing, RV, you seam too obtuse to understand that although George Zimmerman did kill Travon Martin and very well may be guilty of a serious crime in this case, pointing out the bias of the media reports and the racism behind the antics of the Reverand Al does not diminish Zimmeran's culpability for any crime that he may have committed. An objective person might reach the conclusion that Zimmerman is guilty of murder and the media is guilty of malpractice. Those are not either-or propositions and you are a fool to act as if they are.

You have proven this many times, at least be proud of your stance. Seam= seem. 2nd bold, I agree.
TheRealVille Wrote:Show me one post where I have taken up for the "Sharpton types".
When you call good people racists for doing nothing more than express an opinion that is different from yours, you are behaving exactly how Sharpton wants people like you to behave. As for giving you yet another recounting of your own posts, I think I will pass. You need to work on lengthening your attention span. If you are to be believed, you forgot calling me a racist in only a few hours.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:When you call good people racists for doing nothing more than express an opinion that is different from yours, you are behaving exactly how Sharpton wants people like you to behave. As for giving you yet another recounting of your own posts, I think I will pass. You need to work on lengthening your attention span. If you are to be believed, you forgot calling me a racist in only a few hours.
Show me just one post where I took up for the " Sharpton" types. You are showing your true colors yet again Hoot. Lie,lie,lie.
TheRealVille Wrote:You have proven this many times, at least be proud of your stance. Seam= seem. 2nd bold, I agree.
There you go again, RV. The truth is not in you. It is a common problem among atheists and liberals, so it is no surprise that lying comes so easy to you. Confusednicker:
TheRealVille Wrote:Show me just one post where I took up for the " Sharpton" types. You are showing your true colors yet again Hoot. Lie,lie,lie.
You are employing exactly the same tactics that Sharpton is in demonizing everybody who disagrees with you. The only diffrence is Sharpton is a little smarter than you and he already has blood on his hands, having successfully incited riots earlier in his "career."
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are employing exactly the same tactics that Sharpton is in demonizing everybody who disagrees with you. The only diffrence is Sharpton is a little smarter than you and he already has blood on his hands, having successfully incited riots earlier in his "career."
Show just one post where I take up for the "Sharptons".
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There you go again, RV. The truth is not in you. It is a common problem among atheists and liberals, so it is no surprise that lying comes so easy to you. Confusednicker:
As usual, when you are caught in a lie, you resort to religion.
TheRealVille Wrote:Show just one post where I take up for the "Sharptons".
I never said that you took up for him. I said that you share his views in this case and are behaving exactly the way that he wants you to behave - demonizing anybody who voices an opinion different than his. In simple words that even you might understand, the Al Sharptons of the left manipulate dupes like you into doing their bidding at the keyboard.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next