• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman Not Guilty
Just verdict. Justice has been served. Thankfully, I was wrong about the decision. Now, we'll see what happens next. I hope I'm wrong on that, too.
Great day for the law abiding citizens!!
A great day for profiling, and killing.
The usual race baiters at HLN, MSNBC, and CNN are in shock. CNN is even "interviewing" what appears no more than a six or seven year old boy to get his "opinion" of the verdict. The child says Zimmerman should be going to jail. The "reporter" is actually putting a lot of credibility in what the kid is saying. Unbelievable.

If there is the expected civil unrest, I believe the liberal cable networks should bare the brunt of the blame. They are stirring up the partisans and I believe they intend to do so.
Don't do drugs and jump people, you should be safe!!
TheRealVille Wrote:A great day for profiling, and killing.

No. Actually a positive day for the rule of law. I know you are neither interested in nor familiar with the rule of law. However, I certainly am and have been so concerned my entire professional life.

The truth is that coercion, mob rule, and political correctness lost out to real justice. In the United States since the rise of Obama and Holder, that is a rare happening.
I do pray and hope for our Nation to safe and peacefull.
What was this about anyways???
Crossbones Wrote:I do pray and hope for our Nation to safe and peacefull.

Other than praying, I agree when I need to agree.
TheRealVille Wrote:Other than praying, I agree when I need to agree.

Fair enough. :Thumbs:
It's a good day for neighborhood watch volunteers too. They provide a vital service in the efforts to thwart crime. Had this gone the other way who knows to what extent they might have been come down on by government overkill.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Okay I have a question, Why are you all happy that he was found not guilty when he had eye witnesses that said he done it? Never followed the case but that's what I was told by people who do watch the news..
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:No. Actually a positive day for the rule of law. I know you are neither interested in nor familiar with the rule of law. However, I certainly am and have been so concerned my entire professional life.

The truth is that coercion, mob rule, and political correctness lost out to real justice. In the United States since the rise of Obama and Holder, that is a rare happening.

Agreed, they still took a reasonable run-and-go at it though. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:Okay I have a question, Why are you all happy that he was found not guilty when he had eye witnesses that said he done it? Never followed the case but that's what I was told by people who do watch the news..

All the witnesses, and I do mean all. Validated Zimmerman's account of what happened. The only witnesses favorable to the state's version of the events of the night in question, were the girlfriend and Trayvon's parents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:All the witnesses, and I do mean all. Validated Zimmerman's account of what happened. The only witnesses favorable to the state's version of the events of the night in question, were the girlfriend and Trayvon's parents.

So was it self defense?
Strikeout King Wrote:Okay I have a question, Why are you all happy that he was found not guilty when he had eye witnesses that said he done it? Never followed the case but that's what I was told by people who do watch the news..

Done what? It was never a question of if he shot Martin, but if it was self defense. There were several eye witnesses that Martin was on top of and beating Zimmerman. I'm personally happy he was found not guilty because it helps protect our rights and freedoms to be able to be armed citizens and protect ourselves. There is no doubt that Zimmerman shot Martin and that in of itself is very tragic. It was a terrible situation that I would hate to see anyone ever be in again. But self defense is right allowed by law and two lives should not have been lost. But again, I'm afraid that has already happened.
I bet the NBC's of the world pooped a little when they heard the verdict.

This is what happens when you have the media and resident black panther party persuading prosecutors to take a case they cant win or have the proof to prove guilty.

Good day for the justice system. Maybe theres still a small glimmer of hope.
Strikeout King Wrote:So was it self defense?

According to a jury of his peers, yes.

And thats all that matters.
Crossbones Wrote:Done what? It was never a question of if he shot Martin, but if it was self defense. There were several eye witnesses that Martin was on top of and beating Zimmerman. I'm personally happy he was found not guilty because it helps protect our rights and freedoms to be able to be armed citizens and protect ourselves. There is no doubt that Zimmerman shot Martin and that in of itself is very tragic. It was a terrible situation that I would hate to see anyone ever be in again. But self defense is right allowed by law and two lives should not have been lost. But again, I'm afraid that has already happened.

I never followed the case.My family that did followed it only told what the news was telling and that was a guy (Zimmerman) shot and killed a black kid (Trayvon) that was on his way to the store to get food or whatever it was he was getting.
Nancy Grace is stunned and shocked by this decision
TheRealVille Wrote:A great day for profiling, and killing.
that's BS:okay:
Strikeout King Wrote:Nancy Grace is stunned and shocked by this decision
Nancy Is a hack
This was the correct and justice response by the jury. This case should not have been brought before the courts. It was politically driven plain and simple.
msnbc should be ashamed of themselves. Their calling for black families to hold their children, that the murder of their children doesn't matter. That such a BS approach
#IfISeeZimmerman and #NoJusticeForTrayvon is trending all over twitter and it's all hatred towards George Zimmerman..
Strikeout King Wrote:I never followed the case.My family that did followed it only told what the news was telling and that was a guy (Zimmerman) shot and killed a black kid (Trayvon) that was on his way to the store to get food or whatever it was he was getting.

I understand. The news should be held liable for the willfully wrong info that was put out to make this entire case to look racist and had Zimmerman guilty before any info was brought forth. They spent their web of lies and deciet to make this politiacl and racist. Very sad!
Rev Al Sharpton is all over this. Hey Al Tawana Brawley
Crossbones Wrote:I understand. The news should be held liable for the willfully wrong info that was put out to make this entire case to look racist and had Zimmerman guilty before any info was brought forth. They spent their web of lies and deciet to make this politiacl and racist. Very sad!

The news (all news even the news here in KY 18, 27, 36, 56) all blow things way out of portion and make them worse than what they are and not show or give all the info.
Quote:(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

CBS Affiliate WETV reports that Circuit Court Judge James Daniel handed down the sentence Friday.

Under Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing requirements Alexander could receive a lesser sentence, even though she has never been in trouble with the law before. Judge Daniel said the law did not allow for extenuating or mitigating circumstances to reduce the sentence below the 20-year minimum.

"I really was crying in there," Marissa's 11-year-old daughter told WETV. "I didn't want to cry in court, but I just really feel hurt. I don't think this should have been happening."

Alexander was convicted of attempted murder after she rejected a plea deal for a three-year prison sentence. She said she did not believe she did anything wrong.

She was recently denied a new trial after appealing to the judge to reconsider her case based on Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law. The law states that the victim of a crime does not have to attempt to run for safety and can immediately retaliate in self-defense.

Alexander's attorney said she was clearly defending herself and should not have to spend the next two decades behind bars.

Alexander's case has drawn support from domestic abuse advocates - and comparison to the case of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who has claimed a "Stand Your Ground" defense in his fatal shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-5743...ing-shots/
what does this have to do with this case?
  • 1(current)
  • Next