•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Gut is going to be Whitleys next Coach!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
64black&gold Wrote:Talked to somebody last fri and although JD has another year left and I never thought Dudley would leave UPike until he graduated, Mr. Hilton has been offered a nice contract at Whitley and is having a hard time turning it down. Not sure if he ends up as coach but I DO now believe the chances are much better than I personally did two weeks ago.

What can a nice contract be? He is retired so he can only make at most 31-32,000 before cuts. He would have to teach 100 days doing something. It may be In School Suspension, Credit Recovery or PE.
^
Spot on.
I think a lot of people dont realize you can only pay a coach so much. You cant give a coach a million dollar contract in high school football. The state wont allow it.
Everybody I talk to who I think might have an inside track tells me something different. Dudley seems to be the odds on favorite.
Spirit100 Wrote:Gut is going to be Whitleys next Coach!

I was offered but declined.

I am taking the special teams job at Alabama.
come on down Dudley
Tide needs some help on special teams.
Cut Paducah-Tilghman some slack. Take Randy Wyatt.
topnotch Wrote:I got a new one for you it scares me to death. I know for a fact that Jerry Herron was with Scott Paul the day after the Hazard game. For about 3 hours. that was weird. I ask Jerry about it I never got a straight answer. He coached there before, Think about it. only makes sense for both sides. His number one assistant has a son in the Centeral Elementry. I have heard Jerry is the lowest paid High school coach in maybe the state.

I do not think Herron would leave, but Hatcher might.
BDC Wrote:I do not think Herron would leave, but Hatcher might.

You have to remember that flounder was a Whitley guy before he transferred to Williamsburg in high school.

Personally, I dont see them leaving Williamsburg, I knw there not coming to Whitley. But, as for the Wburg faithful, I dont think yu have anything to worrry about. Theyve built that prorgram, its likely they will stay.

While i was listening to the game last friday, I did hear Stan mention the assistant coaches. I think he reeled off about 10 guys. How many of them are volunteers? Whitley dont even have that many coaches.
I do not know who is paid or volunteer, but you are right neither Hatcher or Herron will be leaving. A lot of coaches mentioned were probably middle school coaches. After the season is over, the middle school coaches start working on the high school staff.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You have to remember that flounder was a Whitley guy before he transferred to Williamsburg in high school.

Personally, I dont see them leaving Williamsburg, I knw there not coming to Whitley. But, as for the Wburg faithful, I dont think yu have anything to worrry about. Theyve built that prorgram, its likely they will stay.

While i was listening to the game last friday, I did hear Stan mention the assistant coaches. I think he reeled off about 10 guys. How many of them are volunteers? Whitley dont even have that many coaches.

I hope Whitley hires a top coach and a good staff. right now they don't have enough players or coaches
pjdoug Wrote:and again today no news in the Whitley News Journal Smile.only see that gaudy orange everywhere.

Williamsburg has definitely dominated the local news and rightfully so.
BDC Wrote:I do not think Herron would leave, but Hatcher might.

I hope they don't hire a coach from Williamsburg
Hatcher is happy where he is at. He has done a great job with Williamsburg's defense this year.
Good. Whitley needs a coach from out of town.
pjdoug Wrote:Good. Whitley needs a coach from out of town.

How about Steve Jewell? He may be looking. Please take him.
A lot of talk in Corbin about Dudley coming to Corbin next year. Several rumors about him taking head job with Greer running to defense and Duncum running the offense.
Fact: Whitley came up and talked to 2 assistants from Corbin on Monday. I don't know which 2 (Duncum, Roark, Mouser, Creekmore). It was 2 that are mentioned. I'm not sure if they are wanting them to be assistants or maybe seeing if there is any interest in the head coaching job. Duncum has been a head coach in 5a before and done pretty good at North with what he had to work with. Roark coached with Dudley at Bell about a decade ago. Who knows what's going on.
Duncum would be a good hire. He was able to win at North and by all accounts is the one coach at Corbin kids like. Lynn Camp is still kicking itself for not hiring him.
Duncum would not be a great hire.Whitley County has owned the Laurel County teams and need to move forward.not fall back
oldhound70s Wrote:How about Steve Jewell? He may be looking. Please take him.

only if he is part of Dudley Hilton's staff lol
Motivator Wrote:Fact: Whitley came up and talked to 2 assistants from Corbin on Monday. I don't know which 2 (Duncum, Roark, Mouser, Creekmore). It was 2 that are mentioned. I'm not sure if they are wanting them to be assistants or maybe seeing if there is any interest in the head coaching job. Duncum has been a head coach in 5a before and done pretty good at North with what he had to work with. Roark coached with Dudley at Bell about a decade ago. Who knows what's going on.

seems like North Laurel would have plenty to work with
pjdoug Wrote:seems like North Laurel would have plenty to work with

Doesnt every team have a lot to work with. Corbin has a lot to work with and lost in 2nd round, Trinity has a lot to work with and lost. Not all schools are football schools and not all kids play sports.
they need someone young
Motivator Wrote:Fact: Whitley came up and talked to 2 assistants from Corbin on Monday. I don't know which 2 (Duncum, Roark, Mouser, Creekmore). It was 2 that are mentioned. I'm not sure if they are wanting them to be assistants or maybe seeing if there is any interest in the head coaching job. Duncum has been a head coach in 5a before and done pretty good at North with what he had to work with. Roark coached with Dudley at Bell about a decade ago. Who knows what's going on.

There is NO WAY Mike Campbell or Mr. Paul would drive to Corbin to speak to ANY Corbin coach or drive anywhere to speak to one. The big dog, the man Dudley Hilton drove to Williamsburg and walked up the steps and went into Mr. Pauls' office.
This job is going nowhere until Dudley gives his answer which I think will be next week.
oldhound70s Wrote:How about Steve Jewell? He may be looking. Please take him.

send him west
pjdoug Wrote:send him west
:nope:
I am very aware of the limits a school can pay a coach just to coach. However, I also know there are many positions that can be created that pay a nice salary and then performed by a nice secretary or associate something or another if you know what I mean. Knew of a guy in a neighboring county a few years ago that was head coach, athletic director and some other title. Had two nice ladies that did all of the work and made about 90k a year. There are ways around it.
footballfever Wrote:There is NO WAY Mike Campbell or Mr. Paul would drive to Corbin to speak to ANY Corbin coach or drive anywhere to speak to one. The big dog, the man Dudley Hilton drove to Williamsburg and walked up the steps and went into Mr. Pauls' office.
This job is going nowhere until Dudley gives his answer which I think will be next week.

can you show me a picture? I dont remember any steps lol
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next