•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Case Against Donald J. Trump
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Nobody expects for a Libertarian to win this fall - the Libertarian Party will get the votes of many people who feel obligated to vote but do not want to dirty their hands voting for either Hillary or the equally evil Donald Trump.

Well, I suppose stranger things have happened. But I don't see a libertarian rising up from the ashes of our present political system. The problem is not politics, it is the drop off in personal integrity and the lack of adherence to traditional morals and values.

It's like I have been saying, we call Republicans with a nasty liberal streak running through them RINO's. But Democrats have become an altogether different animal from the donkey of our fathers. They come much closer to espousing the tenets of Hitler's Sturmabteilung or Brownshirts, than they do the honorable labor movement of American history. They are liberal progressive, which means they are Godless ideological humanists hailing from La-La Land wearing the clothes of a Democrat, but who represent the special interests of the destructive side of our society.

I knew things would get nasty if and when a conservative found himself poised with a majority of the people to retake the White House. Maybe the libs will passively get out of the way for the libertarian savior after Republican leaders mindlessly initiate the nuclear option while the Dems watch and laugh, I doubt it sincerely.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, I suppose stranger things have happened. But I don't see a libertarian rising up from the ashes of our present political system. The problem is not politics, it is the drop off in personal integrity and the lack of adherence to traditional morals and values.

It's like I have been saying, we call Republicans with a nasty liberal streak running through them RINO's. But Democrats have become an altogether different animal from the donkey of our fathers. They come much closer to espousing the tenets of Hitler's Sturmabteilung or Brownshirts, than they do the honorable labor movement of American history. They are liberal progressive, which means they are Godless ideological humanists hailing from La-La Land wearing the clothes of a Democrat, but who represent the special interests of the destructive side of our society.

I knew things would get nasty if and when a conservative found himself poised with a majority of the people to retake the White House. Maybe the libs will passively get out of the way for the libertarian savior after Republican leaders mindlessly initiate the nuclear option while the Dems watch and laugh, I doubt it sincerely.
If Trump wins the nomination this fall, the votes that the Libertarian and other small parties well consist of mostly #NeverTrump protest votes. I don't think anybody expects a Libertarian win.

If Trump is the nominee, I want the GOPe to know how badly they have screwed up and the best way to do that is to cast votes for a non-Trump candidate not named Clinton.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If Trump wins the nomination this fall, the votes that the Libertarian and other small parties well consist of mostly #NeverTrump protest votes. I don't think anybody expects a Libertarian win.

If Trump is the nominee, I want the GOPe to know how badly they have screwed up and the best way to do that is to cast votes for a non-Trump candidate not named Clinton.

How did the GOPe screw it up Hoot? Republicans started with 17 candidates who ran their campaigns and the people responded. The voting process has narrowed the field to 3, a front runner which the GOPe are doing their best to thwart in the person of Donald Trump, with Ted Cruz in the rocking chair, that leaves the one-state-winning mushroom from Ohio at the back door.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Good point.

Seems to me the voter base of the republican party is sick of the GOP and didn't care who ran as long as he wasn't a politician. Im not sure why anyone would be worried about Hillary. Trumps is bringing out record high numbers. And people can say what they want. Hillary wont get Bernie supporters just like Trump wont get establishment voters. It even out but Trump still has the edge IMO.

I think Trump takes Arizona and Cruz takes Utah tomorrow.
The only question about tomorrow is whether or not Cruz can get 50% and take all of Utahs delegates.
Its looking like Trump has a guaranteed 95 delegates from New York. His numbers are hitting 65% in some polls there. Cruz will need stuff like all of Utah to stay competitive.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Good point.

Seems to me the voter base of the republican party is sick of the GOP and didn't care who ran as long as he wasn't a politician. Im not sure why anyone would be worried about Hillary. Trumps is bringing out record high numbers. And people can say what they want. Hillary wont get Bernie supporters just like Trump wont get establishment voters. It even out but Trump still has the edge IMO.

I think Trump takes Arizona and Cruz takes Utah tomorrow.
The only question about tomorrow is whether or not Cruz can get 50% and take all of Utahs delegates.
Its looking like Trump has a guaranteed 95 delegates from New York. His numbers are hitting 65% in some polls there. Cruz will need stuff like all of Utah to stay competitive.

Ever known anybody from Utah? I have known several rather well, and all I can tell you is they're different. Back in 2011 when I saw that Mitt was going to be the nominee, I was concerned. Partly because I know people from Utah are different, and partly because he is a Mormon. Not much was made of Mitt's religious preference back then, a fact I find pretty laughable.

Today's Republican establishment are all up in arms and sounding the alarm bell because Trump is not an evangelical born again Christian. Really? Seriously, since when did the Republican king makers give a tinker's darn if their 'anointed' were Christians or not? I am quite certain I've never heard that brought up in the past as a qualification. No, up until this primary election season, it would have been a hard chore to pry that little tidbit of info out of any candidate. In fact, the media used it as a gotcha question on a number of occasions, and used it a source of veiled ridicule.

None the less, if one thinks Trump is somewhat less than classic evangelical, he really ought to read up a little on Mormonism. At any rate, the lofty and noble establishment media had no problem whatever with Mitt Romney's religious bent. Neither did any Republican at all, nada.

I supported him anyway because the choice was Mitt Romney or Barack Obama. I have no doubt whatever that Romney would have been light years better than Obama to this day. The same should have held true for Trump. He's getting the vote, but thanks to rampant stupidity by the grand poohbahs of the GOP and media such as Erick Erickson and Rich Lowry, the circular firing squad is in session.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:How did the GOPe screw it up Hoot? Republicans started with 17 candidates who ran their campaigns and the people responded. The voting process has narrowed the field to 3, a front runner which the GOPe are doing their best to thwart in the person of Donald Trump, with Ted Cruz in the rocking chair, that leaves the one-state-winning mushroom from Ohio at the back door.
By letting Democrats help select the Republican nominee. Except, The GOPe intended for Democrats who voted in the open primaries of the southern states to help nominate Jeb Bush. When he was eliminated from the race, most Democrats went to Trump and Rubio, Carson, and Cruz split the conservative, mostly Republican votes.

Now, most big primaries remaining are closed, but in states less conservative than the southern states. Trump was just in the right place at the right time. Nobody expected Jeb to be such a dud of a candidate. The GOPe screwed up because by rigging the nomination process against conservative candidates, they will probably end up nominating a liberal Democrat.

Republicans should choose the Republican nominee. I have always opposed open primaries and always will.

Another thing that the GOPe has done in an effort to nominate RINOS is to distribute delegates in the southern primaries (except Florida) proportionally and to make most of the less conservative states' primaries winner take all.

Finally, in this particular election cycle, the GOPe set rules to allow as many as 10 candidates on the debate stage at one time. This limited the ability of former national debate champion and world debate championship semi-finalist, Ted Cruz, to exploit his advantage in that area. You can bet if Jeb Bush was a world class debater, the rules would have been much different.

Now that the field has been whittled to two candidates who have not been mathematically eliminated from the race, Donald Trump is refusing to debate Cruz. I don't blame him. In a one-on-one debate, hiding behind name calling and insults would not be very effective and people would undoubtedly notice that Trump does not possess the kind of knowledge that Americans take for granted in presidential candidates. Even with prepared notes, in his speech to AIPAC, Trump made reference to Palestine, a nation that has not existed since 1948.

In summary, the GOPe screwed up because by trying to stack the deck against conservatives, they opened the door for Donald Trump. A large number of conservatives will never vote for Trump, but even if they all voted for Trump and he won, the GOPe would still be the big loser.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:By letting Democrats help select the Republican nominee. Except, The GOPe intended for Democrats who voted in the open primaries of the southern states to help nominate Jeb Bush. When he was eliminated from the race, most Democrats went to Trump and Rubio, Carson, and Cruz split the conservative, mostly Republican votes.

Now, most big primaries remaining are closed, but in states less conservative than the southern states. Trump was just in the right place at the right time. Nobody expected Jeb to be such a dud of a candidate. The GOPe screwed up because by rigging the nomination process against conservative candidates, they will probably end up nominating a liberal Democrat.

Republicans should choose the Republican nominee. I have always opposed open primaries and always will.

Another thing that the GOPe has done in an effort to nominate RINOS is to distribute delegates in the southern primaries (except Florida) proportionally and to make most of the less conservative states' primaries winner take all.

Finally, in this particular election cycle, the GOPe set rules to allow as many as 10 candidates on the debate stage at one time. This limited the ability of former national debate champion and world debate championship semi-finalist, Ted Cruz, to exploit his advantage in that area. You can bet if Jeb Bush was a world class debater, the rules would have been much different.

Now that the field has been whittled to two candidates who have not been mathematically eliminated from the race, Donald Trump is refusing to debate Cruz. I don't blame him. In a one-on-one debate, hiding behind name calling and insults would not be very effective and people would undoubtedly notice that Trump does not possess the kind of knowledge that Americans take for granted in presidential candidates. Even with prepared notes, in his speech to AIPAC, Trump made reference to Palestine, a nation that has not existed since 1948.

In summary, the GOPe screwed up because by trying to stack the deck against conservatives, they opened the door for Donald Trump. A large number of conservatives will never vote for Trump, but even if they all voted for Trump and he won, the GOPe would still be the big loser.

It's a colloquialism, and one that everybody uses. If not, you might want to present your view to Benjamin Netanyahu:
JERUSALEM POST---

"Netanyahu repeated several times that Israel seeks to maintain the status quo on the Temple Mount and protect the holy places of all religions.

He said that lies are being disseminated by Hamas, the northern branch of the Islamic Movement of Israel – which the prime minister is seeking to outlaw – and the Palestinian Authority.Netanyahu urged PA President Mahmoud Abbas to denounce terrorism as Netanyahu did hate crimes by Israelis against Arabs.

Netanyahu said that Abbas constantly refuses to negotiate, because he knows that would mean declaring an end to the conflict, giving up on the right of return and recognizing Israel as the Jewish state. “[The Palestinians’] refusal to recognize a Jewish state in any borders is and has always been the root of the conflict,” he said.
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Confli...ion-423728

BTW, Trump got standing ovations at AIPAC. I don't think he's anywhere near as stupid or inept as you let on.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/43...wd-charmed

With regard to the GOP trying to fix the primary process it's like they say, you can't fix stupid. One last thing. I heard today that uber Trump hater Glen Beck said that Ted Cruz is a fulfillment of Mormon prophesy. I told you those folks, and their converts evidently, are different. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Well said
TheRealThing Wrote:It's a colloquialism, and one that everybody uses. If not, you might want to present your view to Benjamin Netanyahu:
JERUSALEM POST---

"Netanyahu repeated several times that Israel seeks to maintain the status quo on the Temple Mount and protect the holy places of all religions.

He said that lies are being disseminated by Hamas, the northern branch of the Islamic Movement of Israel – which the prime minister is seeking to outlaw – and the Palestinian Authority.Netanyahu urged PA President Mahmoud Abbas to denounce terrorism as Netanyahu did hate crimes by Israelis against Arabs.

Netanyahu said that Abbas constantly refuses to negotiate, because he knows that would mean declaring an end to the conflict, giving up on the right of return and recognizing Israel as the Jewish state. “[The Palestinians’] refusal to recognize a Jewish state in any borders is and has always been the root of the conflict,” he said.

BTW, Trump got standing ovations at AIPAC. I don't think he's anywhere near as stupid or inept as you let on.

With regard to the GOP trying to fix the primary process it's like they say, you can't fix stupid. One last thing. I heard today that uber Trump hater Glen Beck said that Ted Cruz is a fulfillment of Mormon prophesy. I told you those folks, and their converts evidently, are different. :biggrin:
Sorry, TRT, my best friend in school was a Mormon. You may prefer a hedonistic charlatan for president, but I prefer a knowledgeable, hard working, honest candidate. Trump deserves all the ridicule and scorn that he gets, and then some. When it comes to knowledge of this nation's Constitution and basic civics, Trump is a buffoon who has used government throughout his career for personal enrichment - and no, it is not necessary for business owners to buy favors from crooked, liberal politicians to succeed in this country.

As for AIPAC, it is a non-partisan group, which seeks to maintain bipartisan support, and whose leadership was embarrassed by Trump's speech.

Quote:On Tuesday morning, AIPAC President Lillian Pinkus issued rebuked Trump’s remarks, reading a statement from the stage ahead of an address by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who appeared via satellite.

“Last evening something occurred which has the potential to drive us apart, to divide us,” Pinkus said. “We say, unequivocally, that we do not countenance ad hominem attacks and we take great offense against those that are levied against the president of the United States of America from our stage.”

“While we may have policy differences, we deeply respect the office of the United States and our president, Barack Obama,” she continued. “There are people in our AIPAC family who were deeply hurt last night and for that we are deeply sorry. We are disappointed that so many people applauded a sentiment that we neither agree with or condone.”
If AIPAC did not want to hear ad hominem attacks, then the organization should not have invited Trump to speak.
TheRealThing Wrote:It's a colloquialism, and one that everybody uses. If not, you might want to present your view to Benjamin Netanyahu:
JERUSALEM POST---

Glenn Beck is a douche bag of the highest regard.
It makes me cringe to listen to his radio show after Hannity for even a few minutes.
Hes the ultra conspiracy nut job Mormon. Complete loon that guy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Glenn Beck is a douche bag of the highest regard.
It makes me cringe to listen to his radio show after Hannity for even a few minutes.
Hes the ultra conspiracy nut job Mormon. Complete loon that guy.

This is the way I heard it.

Well, the Mormon founder said he was given a pair of magic spectacles (by people in a space craft no less) to read golden tablets with, and that's how he came up with that particular cultic faith.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With all of the establishment endorsements Cruz is getting you'd think he was right in the thick of it.
Graham, Bush, etc. Lol its laughable
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Sorry, TRT, my best friend in school was a Mormon. You may prefer a hedonistic charlatan for president, but I prefer a knowledgeable, hard working, honest candidate. Trump deserves all the ridicule and scorn that he gets, and then some. When it comes to knowledge of this nation's Constitution and basic civics, Trump is a buffoon who has used government throughout his career for personal enrichment - and no, it is not necessary for business owners to buy favors from crooked, liberal politicians to succeed in this country.

As for AIPAC, it is a non-partisan group, which seeks to maintain bipartisan support, and whose leadership was embarrassed by Trump's speech.

If AIPAC did not want to hear ad hominem attacks, then the organization should not have invited Trump to speak.

Or, we could elect another Constitutional/lawyer/prof (all coming to him by way or honorarium) who could then use his skills, and wiles, to redefine and thwart the intentions of the founders.

It's a matter of character, and character is a matter of choice. Trump has been clear about his vision and intentions to govern and I agree with his stated common sense approaches. AIPAC knows all too well the level of threat facing Israel, and I believe anybody who thinks there is a logical likelihood that the two state solution will ever work is kidding himself. Trump at least understands the basic issue and he got standing ovations for his comments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Or, we could elect another Constitutional/lawyer/prof (all coming to him by way or honorarium) who could then use his skills, and wiles, to redefine and thwart the intentions of the founders.

It's a matter of character, and character is a matter of choice. Trump has been clear about his vision and intentions to govern and I agree with his stated common sense approaches. AIPAC knows all too well the level of threat facing Israel, and I believe anybody who thinks there is a logical likelihood that the two state solution will ever work is kidding himself. Trump at least understands the basic issue and he got standing ovations for his comments.
You are absolutely right. This campaign is in large part about character and that is an area where Trump is a total failure. Candidates of good moral character do not ridicule other people's religious beliefs and they do not threaten other candidate's spouses. Trump has done both in just the past couple of days. When Trump sees a fork in the road, he always takes the low road, without hesitation.

Equating Obama with Cruz because both have law degrees, while you place a dumbass like Donald Trump on a pedestal is bordering on lunacy. If Trump is elected president, you will see that Trump has far more in common with Obama than Cruz has. However, I do not expect many supporters of Hillary or Bernie voting for an idiot who openly advocates torturing prisoners and killing their families.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You are absolutely right. This campaign is in large part about character and that is an area where Trump is a total failure. Candidates of good moral character do not ridicule other people's religious beliefs and they do not threaten other candidate's spouses. Trump has done both in just the past couple of days. When Trump sees a fork in the road, he always takes the low road, without hesitation.

Equating Obama with Cruz because both have law degrees, while you place a dumbass like Donald Trump on a pedestal is bordering on lunacy. If Trump is elected president, you will see that Trump has far more in common with Obama than Cruz has. However, I do not expect many supporters of Hillary or Bernie voting for an idiot who openly advocates torturing prisoners and killing their families.

You just called everybody who supports Trump cult members not long ago, I guess you just don't like the irony. Trump won and those who voted for him are getting screwed because Kasich and Cruz can't find the grace to cede the primary. I wouldn't normally say that, but Cruz's chances are less than thin. The will of the voter is down the list somewhere, with the aspirations of certain candidates being the priority consideration. Not to mention the fact that just about everybody seems just fine with rules violations of every possible sort, and a forced contested convention. If Cruz was in the lead with the clear shot at the required delegate requirement you'd be screaming your head off about Trump and Cruz being usurpers. Would you not?

But you missed way wide of the mark on your second paragraph. I will try this one last time to lay out my case. First, I like Cruz and feel we could do worse. Second, this was a Republic the last time I checked. Therefore all who would disenfranchise the millions who have voted for Trump are in my book a bunch of anarchists. The way people talk in negative terms about Trump is a disgrace. They're trying to manipulate the political system using propaganda, and if all I knew was that the Demoncrats and the Republicans along with the media had joined together in an unholy scheme to go around the will of the people, it would be enough.

I wasn't equating Cruz with Obama. I was pointing out that for the most part, Obama fits the qualifications of the kind of candidate you seem to be presently demanding, and look how that turned out. First you came out with the revelation that Trump was running a spoiler campaign for Hillary. Now you're saying because I refuse to get on board the train to destroy what's left of the political process I'm bordering on lunacy. In my view, you just have no way to justify speaking in such disparaging terms with regard to Trump. But, even if you're right, when we circumvent the process what's left?

If there is a rat in the woodpile this time around, my bet would be that it looks an awful lot like Paul Ryan. And from what I have heard, he wants the job himself, or wants to parachute in somebody else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Trump will come out of this with the most delegates. That is a sure thing.
Whether he can secure is the only question.

Whether or not he secures wont matter IMO. The establishment don't have the sack on them to go against voters. If they do, they will lose millions. Its time for them to realize its politicians in general we wont gone.
TheRealThing Wrote:You just called everybody who supports Trump cult members not long ago, I guess you just don't like the irony. Trump won and those who voted for him are getting screwed because Kasich and Cruz can't find the grace to cede the primary. I wouldn't normally say that, but Cruz's chances are less than thin. The will of the voter is down the list somewhere, with the aspirations of certain candidates being the priority consideration. Not to mention the fact that just about everybody seems just fine with rules violations of every possible sort, and a forced contested convention. If Cruz was in the lead with the clear shot at the required delegate requirement you'd be screaming your head off about Trump and Cruz being usurpers. Would you not?

But you missed way wide of the mark on your second paragraph. I will try this one last time to lay out my case. First, I like Cruz and feel we could do worse. Second, this was a Republic the last time I checked. Therefore all who would disenfranchise the millions who have voted for Trump are in my book a bunch of anarchists. The way people talk in negative terms about Trump is a disgrace. They're trying to manipulate the political system using propaganda, and if all I knew was that the Demoncrats and the Republicans along with the media had joined together in an unholy scheme to go around the will of the people, it would be enough.

I wasn't equating Cruz with Obama. I was pointing out that for the most part, Obama fits the qualifications of the kind of candidate you seem to be presently demanding, and look how that turned out. First you came out with the revelation that Trump was running a spoiler campaign for Hillary. Now you're saying because I refuse to get on board the train to destroy what's left of the political process I'm bordering on lunacy. In my view, you just have no way to justify speaking in such disparaging terms with regard to Trump. But, even if you're right, when we circumvent the process what's left?

If there is a rat in the woodpile this time around, my bet would be that it looks an awful lot like Paul Ryan. And from what I have heard, he wants the job himself, or wants to parachute in somebody else.
You have this annoying habit of assuming that you know what I would do in any number of situations. My political philosophy has not changed. I have supported the constitutional originalist and consistent conservative Ted Cruz for president since before he was sworn in as a U.S. Senator. I have consistently opposed liberal Democrats like Donald Trump.

This is not rocket science, Trump has always been a liberal and supported liberal politicians. He has told lie after lie and flip-flopped like a gymnist this entire campaign. Before he spoke to AIPAC, he made statements that he would be neutral in his treatment of Israel and the Palestinians; and he also promised to make Israel pay for its own defense. Then, in his speech Monday night, he told members of AIPAC the exact opposite. But the important thing to you is that the audience clapped when they were suppose to clap. The lesson that you should have taken away from the speech is that Trump says whatever he thinks voters want to hear at a given point in time.

I have never had an issue with candidates remaining in a campaign until they have no chance of winning. I have always had an issue with candidates like Kasich, in this election, and Huckabee in past elections, staying in races to play spoiler for another candidate. Cruz not only still has a chance to win a majority of candidates, he also has a chance to win a plurality of candidates going into the convention if he fails to win the majority. Even if he does not pass Trump in the delegate count, if the race is close and neither get a majority, if he finishes strong and wins more Republican votes in key closed primaries, then he would be the favorite to emerge from the convention as the nominee.

None of that scenario violates the rules of the GOP convention. A candidate either wins the majority of delegates on the first ballot, or delegates become "unpledged" at some point in subsequent voting. That is how it has always been with conventions and I don't recall any candidate making veiled threats that his supporters will riot if that candidate failed to win the nomination with a plurality of delegates.

Whether Cruz withdraws from the race or not has nothing to do with "grace," but why would one care about "grace," when one supports the most graceless campaigner in modern history?

My position on candidates withdrawing is the same as it was when Romney and McCain ran for president, and it is the same as it would be if Cruz was in the lead. When McCain won the nomination, Huckabee stayed in the race all through the southern primaries, despite having no money and no chance of winning the nomination himself, and he did so to block Romney from having any shot at winning by splitting the conservative vote.

Sorry that you find the way that I criticize Trump a disgrace, because I find it a disgrace that there are actually people in this country who support such a clown. I also find it disgraceful that Trump supporters join him in ridiculing other people's religion. That is something that I have never done and will never do. Trump questioning the beliefs of Cruz, Rubio, and Romney, would be reason enough for me to deny Trump my support, but he provides so many other reasons, that it does not even make my Top 10.

Do you ever wonder why Trump still has not managed to put together a full team of foreign policy and economic advisers? My theory is that it must be very hard to get teams of experts to risk their careers by associating themselves with Trump's nutty ideas like reviving the kind of tariffs that deepened and extended the Great Depression, which is what the Smoot Tariff Act of 1930 did. Consumers pay tariffs and workers pay with their jobs when other countries retaliate with their own tariffs. We need better trade deals but we do not need another Great Depression triggered by a moronic president.

Trump is neither a creative nor a deep thinker. As I said, he says what people want him hear and, if elected, he will either abandon his foolish campaign promises, or history will repeat itself as he pursues policies that have alrady failed repeatedly. Promises of building a wall, which Ted Cruz proposed in 2012, and promising to "make Mexico pay for it" do not make up for Trump's many areas of extreme ignorance.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Trump will come out of this with the most delegates. That is a sure thing.
Whether he can secure is the only question.

Whether or not he secures wont matter IMO. The establishment don't have the sack on them to go against voters. If they do, they will lose millions. Its time for them to realize its politicians in general we wont gone.
I doubt that Trump will be the nominee unless he wins the majority of delegates before the first ballot of the convention. If he falls short, then most of the delegates will be free to vote their consciences. At that point, there will be two sides - pro-Trump and anti-Trump. I don't believe that Trump will be able to win a contested convention because Cruz is the only candidate who was won the majority of votes in any state so far.

If delegates's preferences reflect the will of the people, then Trump either locks up the nomination before the convention or there is a strong possibility that he will lose. If the GOP delegates do not ditch the rule that nominees must win at least eight states, then the nomination would come down to a vote on Cruz vs. Trump. Nobody else will qualify.

With Cruz beginning to pick up the endorsements of Republicans who hate him a little bit less than they hate Trump, such as Jeb Bush and especially Lindsey Graham, it looks like the establishment may be prepared to tolerate a Cruz presidency to save the party the embarrassment of four years of Trump.

If Kasich drops out of the race after Cruz wins Wisconsin, then I like Cruz's chances of winning the nomination, but Cruz needs to put together a string of wins to show delegates that he has the momentum entering the convention.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You have this annoying habit of assuming that you know what I would do in any number of situations. My political philosophy has not changed. I have supported the constitutional originalist and consistent conservative Ted Cruz for president since before he was sworn in as a U.S. Senator. I have consistently opposed liberal Democrats like Donald Trump.

This is not rocket science, Trump has always been a liberal and supported liberal politicians. He has told lie after lie and flip-flopped like a gymnist this entire campaign. Before he spoke to AIPAC, he made statements that he would be neutral in his treatment of Israel and the Palestinians; and he also promised to make Israel pay for its own defense. Then, in his speech Monday night, he told members of AIPAC the exact opposite. But the important thing to you is that the audience clapped when they were suppose to clap. The lesson that you should have taken away from the speech is that Trump says whatever he thinks voters want to hear at a given point in time.

I have never had an issue with candidates remaining in a campaign until they have no chance of winning. I have always had an issue with candidates like Kasich, in this election, and Huckabee in past elections, staying in races to play spoiler for another candidate. Cruz not only still has a chance to win a majority of candidates, he also has a chance to win a plurality of candidates going into the convention if he fails to win the majority. Even if he does not pass Trump in the delegate count, if the race is close and neither get a majority, if he finishes strong and wins more Republican votes in key closed primaries, then he would be the favorite to emerge from the convention as the nominee.

None of that scenario violates the rules of the GOP convention. A candidate either wins the majority of delegates on the first ballot, or delegates become "unpledged" at some point in subsequent voting. That is how it has always been with conventions and I don't recall any candidate making veiled threats that his supporters will riot if that candidate failed to win the nomination with a plurality of delegates.

Whether Cruz withdraws from the race or not has nothing to do with "grace," but why would one care about "grace," when one supports the most graceless campaigner in modern history?

My position on candidates withdrawing is the same as it was when Romney and McCain ran for president, and it is the same as it would be if Cruz was in the lead. When McCain won the nomination, Huckabee stayed in the race all through the southern primaries, despite having no money and no chance of winning the nomination himself, and he did so to block Romney from having any shot at winning by splitting the conservative vote.

Sorry that you find the way that I criticize Trump a disgrace, because I find it a disgrace that there are actually people in this country who support such a clown. I also find it disgraceful that Trump supporters join him in ridiculing other people's religion. That is something that I have never done and will never do. Trump questioning the beliefs of Cruz, Rubio, and Romney, would be reason enough for me to deny Trump my support, but he provides so many other reasons, that it does not even make my Top 10.

Do you ever wonder why Trump still has not managed to put together a full team of foreign policy and economic advisers? My theory is that it must be very hard to get teams of experts to risk their careers by associating themselves with Trump's nutty ideas like reviving the kind of tariffs that deepened and extended the Great Depression, which is what the Smoot Tariff Act of 1930 did. Consumers pay tariffs and workers pay with their jobs when other countries retaliate with their own tariffs. We need better trade deals but we do not need another Great Depression triggered by a moronic president.

Trump is neither a creative nor a deep thinker. As I said, he says what people want him hear and, if elected, he will either abandon his foolish campaign promises, or history will repeat itself as he pursues policies that have alrady failed repeatedly. Promises of building a wall, which Ted Cruz proposed in 2012, and promising to "make Mexico pay for it" do not make up for Trump's many areas of extreme ignorance.

I have an annoying habit? LOL, you're the one spouting chapter and verse as if you know exactly what the future holds to the minutest detail about a Trump Presidency. Frankly, I'd rather see Cruz in there, but I would rather have Trump than Hillary. Heck, I'd rather have Kasich than Hillary, he's your liberal in Republican clothes, not Trump.

I've said this a few times but it bears repeating. There are a lot of good people out there supporting a Trump candidacy. Rudy Giuliani, Ben Carson, and Jeff Sessions are no slouches. I mean, I know this is your thread, but these guys and many others would not agree with your prognostications of certain doom. That doesn't mean they would only vote for Trump, that means they would go along with the primary results instead of dreaming up every slam and back room shenanigan to circumvent the process. And to beat all, they've been proud of their oppositionist machinations to the point where it almost seems as if they're bragging about it. Those doing it have lost their minds according to Lou Dobbs.

And you're wrong about what I think is significant about the AIPAC deal. You're so hair on fire bent to see Trump derailed, you chose to portray his mention of Palestine as evidence of what you say is his geopolitical ignorance. I just pointed out that Benjamin Netanyahu evidently is not up to speed on that either.

I don't like the idea that Trump says he must remain neutral in Israeli-Palestinian negotiations. But in his defense, if you ask Netanyahu if he'd rather have what he has gotten out of this administration or neutrality, my guess would be he'd pick neutrality. All I heard Trump say was if the US goes in with the PA and Israel with a prestated all-in for Israel point of view, that those negotiations are going nowhere. And very likely that is right. The Arabs may be hard people, but they're certainly not stupid as was demonstrated in the laughable Iranian nuke deal.

Hate me if you want. But I'd rather tick somebody off whose wrapped up in a false religion like Mormonism by stating the truth, than to be politically correct and allow them to believe a lie. Who knows, maybe they'll question why they believe and find their way to the truth?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The coward Donald Trump is afraid to debate Ted Cruz one on one, so he has resorted to attacking Cruz's wife, Heidi. At least he is not one of those evil Mormons! What kind of a lowlife makes fun of another man's wife?

In the last Fox News poll, Trump's negative rating has reached 65 percent. A new WSJ poll found that 47 percent of Republican women say that they will not vote for Trump. His attacks on Heidi Cruz are not likely to win over many women voters.

Meanwhile, Cruz has picked up 10 more delegates from Louisiana and pulled into the lead in the latest Wisconsin poll.

Trump has announced that he is taking a six day break from campaigning but he has continued cranking out his ridiculous, insulting tweets.

There is nothing about presidential about Trump. He will be at least embarrassing as Obama if he is elected. How do I know? He has been more of an embarrassment as a Republican candidate than Obama ever was for the Democrats.

Maybe Trump is just exhausted trying to keep up with Cruz's energetic campaign. I guess we will see if six days of naps enable Trump to make any better decisions.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The coward Donald Trump is afraid to debate Ted Cruz one on one, so he has resorted to attacking Cruz's wife, Heidi. At least he is not one of those evil Mormons! What kind of a lowlife makes fun of another man's wife?

In the last Fox News poll, Trump's negative rating has reached 65 percent. A new WSJ poll found that 47 percent of Republican women say that they will not vote for Trump. His attacks on Heidi Cruz are not likely to win over many women voters.

Meanwhile, Cruz has picked up 10 more delegates from Louisiana and pulled into the lead in the latest Wisconsin poll.

Trump has announced that he is taking a six day break from campaigning but he has continued cranking out his ridiculous, insulting tweets.

There is nothing about presidential about Trump. He will be at least embarrassing as Obama if he is elected. How do I know? He has been more of an embarrassment as a Republican candidate than Obama ever was for the Democrats.

Maybe Trump is just exhausted trying to keep up with Cruz's energetic campaign. I guess we will see if six days of naps enable Trump to make any better decisions.

Whew. I never said anything to remotely suggest there is anything evil about Mormons. It's just that they're locked in error because their faith is not a saving one. There is only One true God, and according to what He has said, He hates idolatry, which simply stated means the worship of other gods, and says further that He is a jealous God. No, it's Jesus Christ or nothing. And that doesn't mean one can worship Him plus say hari Krishna for example either, it's Him alone.

All men are on equal footing until such time as they have the good judgment to bow before God in repentance, trusting on what is the most well documented event in history. The crucifixion and His rising 3 days later on Easter morning. And in those two actions, men know that it is true, they can live for ever through Him. It is at that point that he escapes the certain damnation for which all men are destined. There is only one distinction among men, and that is when they become saved by grace through faith in Him. Otherwise, all men are fatally flawed, and that shortfall extends from this life into eternity. You or I are certainly not doing a Mormon any favors by honoring his chosen deity.

If Trump is elected, it will be because the people selected him. That's all I'm saying.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Whew. I never said anything to remotely suggest there is anything evil about Mormons. It's just that they're locked in error because their faith is not a saving one. There is only One true God, and according to what He has said, He hates idolatry, which simply stated means the worship of other gods, and says further that He is a jealous God. No, it's Jesus Christ or nothing. And that doesn't mean one can worship Him plus say hari Krishna for example either, it's Him alone.

All men are on equal footing until such time as they have the good judgment to bow before God in repentance, trusting on what is the most well documented event in history. The crucifixion and His rising 3 days later on Easter morning. And in those two actions, men know that it is true, they can live for ever through Him. It is at that point that he escapes the certain damnation for which all men are destined. There is only one distinction among men, and that is when they become saved by grace through faith in Him. Otherwise, all men are fatally flawed, and that shortfall extends from this life into eternity. You or I are certainly not doing a Mormon any favors by honoring his chosen deity.

If Trump is elected, it will be because the people selected him. That's all I'm saying.
I will take an honest Mormon over a dishonest candidate who shows no sign of following any religion. I think Romney would have made a great president, although he is not as conservative as I would like. Mormons have not turned Utah into a theocracy and I don't think Romney would convert the federal government either.

You are not going to convert Mormons by ridiculing their religion, so what is gained by ridiculing them at all? There is a big difference in "honoring" Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and ridiculing Mormons for their beliefs. Treating other human beings with kindness and respect does not require us to convert to their religion but insulting other people's religious beliefs, which Trump has done repeatedly is not only rude but it is morally wrong.

I noticed that you did not address Trump's cowardly attacks on Heidi Cruz. It's going to be interesting to see how big Trump's gender gap will grow. He seems to have his sights set on the record. Maybe he can win if Hillary is indicted, but if something drastic does not happen, he is headed toward a Mondale sized loss if he wins the nomination.
While I usually don't go to political sites usually, I will say this. When the Washington post ran that piece on Ted Cruz's kids last year, the first person to jump in was Donald Trump. He actually defended Cruz, but Cruz couldn't return the favor? I was actually a Cruz supporter but he has turned to slime and will say or do anything to win. I don't support Trump either but if I had to vote for one or the other it would be Trump. I'll be sitting this election out but I do think it's funny seeing everyone bash Trump but let slimy Ted pass. I haven't seen Trump really bash Heidi, although there is plenty to bash her with. Now, we have stories coming to surface of Cruzs affairs. Yeah it's the national Enquirer but remember they also busted Edwards and many others that turned out to be true. It's really interesting to see Republicans waste all these new voters and watch the entire party have a meltdown right in front of the world Confusednicker: talk about a disfunctional party right now.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I will take an honest Mormon over a dishonest candidate who shows no sign of following any religion. I think Romney would have made a great president, although he is not as conservative as I would like. Mormons have not turned Utah into a theocracy and I don't think Romney would convert the federal government either.

You are not going to convert Mormons by ridiculing their religion, so what is gained by ridiculing them at all? There is a big difference in "honoring" Joseph Smith and Brigham Young and ridiculing Mormons for their beliefs. Treating other human beings with kindness and respect does not require us to convert to their religion but insulting other people's religious beliefs, which Trump has done repeatedly is not only rude but it is morally wrong.

I noticed that you did not address Trump's cowardly attacks on Heidi Cruz. It's going to be interesting to see how big Trump's gender gap will grow. He seems to have his sights set on the record. Maybe he can win if Hillary is indicted, but if something drastic does not happen, he is headed toward a Mondale sized loss if he wins the nomination.

Were you actually giving me spiritual advice too? I'll work all that out for myself but thanks all the same. I thought the idea was to spread the Gospel, not slither around in political correctness. You just going to cut all those folks loose because you think it's not nice to tell the truth?

I consider the Lord to be the ultimate authority on His own Word. And I will take His charge with regard to how I am to do His will. There are no ambiguities in His Word about affording dignity to people's choice to serve false gods, I and others are to warn them.

On the bolded. No, I thought I would let you bring it up. But I happened to be listening to Neil Cavuto last March 8th and heard Cruz supporter and lobbyist Andrea McWilliams say the following live. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/...-tv-video/ That didn't raise your ire I'd bet.

When Cruz supporters and staffers tell voters in two separate state caucuses that their candidate is getting out in an effort to swipe their votes in dishonest fashion, you know something's up. I have heard many Cruz supporters lie their heads off spreading innuendo on FOX News every darn day. Does anybody really believe all the dirt shoveling is in any way spontaneous? Or do programming managers and editors carefully control such things? If you're running low on Trump bashing ammo, try Neil. He'll have a series of Trump haters on everyday. So will Megyn, and others.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Were you actually giving me spiritual advice too? I'll work all that out for myself but thanks all the same. I thought the idea was to spread the Gospel, not slither around in political correctness. You just going to cut all those folks loose because you think it's not nice to tell the truth?

I consider the Lord to be the ultimate authority on His own Word. And I will take His charge with regard to how I am to do His will. There are no ambiguities in His Word about affording dignity to people's choice to serve false gods, I and others are to warn them.

On the bolded. No, I thought I would let you bring it up. But I happened to be listening to Neil Cavuto last March 8th and heard Cruz supporter and lobbyist Andrea McWilliams say the following live. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/...-tv-video/ That didn't raise your ire I'd bet.

When Cruz supporters and staffers tell voters in two separate state caucuses that their candidate is getting out in an effort to swipe their votes in dishonest fashion, you know something's up. I have heard many Cruz supporters lie their heads off spreading innuendo on FOX News every darn day. Does anybody really believe all the dirt shoveling is in any way spontaneous? Or do programming managers and editors carefully control such things? If you're running low on Trump bashing ammo, try Neil. He'll have a series of Trump haters on everyday. So will Megyn, and others.
One can spread the Gospel without engaging in crude religious bigotry and ridiculing those with whom one disagrees. That's not advice, that is just how I choose to live my life.

As for Trump bashing ammo, I can always go to Trump's own Twitter feed. You can check it out at: www.snivelingcoward.com
Hoot Gibson Wrote:One can spread the Gospel without engaging in crude religious bigotry and ridiculing those with whom one disagrees. That's not advice, that is just how I choose to live my life.

As for Trump bashing ammo, I can always go to Trump's own Twitter feed. You can check it out at: www.snivelingcoward.com

Nope, you're not hanging that one on me. Crude religious bigotry is what everybody who pursues the lie is guilty of. Telling the truth is never out of season. How did Sherrilyn Kenyon put it again, "The bitterest truth was always better than the sweetest lie?" And, I'll not waste anymore time trying to substantiate why telling the truth is preferable to egging one on who's on the road leading to damnation.

I've noticed a few things about you too lately. Like your propensity for completely sidestepping relative information which might not bolster your position on things. Such as the fact that the words which gave birth to this whole ordeal were initially out of the mouth of a Cruz supporter. And BTW, can anybody on here truthfully say they had heard of Andrea McWilliams before I posted her comments? Or are we supposed to take at face value, that she just sort of popped up in timely fashion out of the woodwork to paint Trump's wife as some kind of trollop? I don't blame Trump one bit for taking a swing at Cruz. Cruz's team started the whole deal. How likely is it would you suppose, that it was his organization which dug for the dirt in the first place, and it was one of his dutiful zombies who fell on their sword in order to bring it out in the open, on FOX News no less? I'll tell ya, Jerry Springer ain't got one thing on Neil Cavuto.

I've had enough misdirection to last a lifetime. The quintessential micro-managing chief executive, that's according to Leon Panetta, has set the dogs of liberalism loose upon this land. And whenever the inevitable repercussions for which have come home to roost, we first get a couple prescribed years worth of stonewalling. And then if for some reason the media still have not let things die down, somebody gets reassigned, not fired. After all, our President is truly a man of the 'people', because he finds things out he same way we all do, reading the newspaper. So, if Cruz is going to use the Obama playbook he needs a little more polish cause connecting the dots isn't exactly daunting. And then there is that pesky thing the media calls video tape.

No wonder Trump calls him lying Ted, I mean, it's so obvious, who would bite on all this baloney?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Nope, you're not hanging that one on me. Crude religious bigotry is what everybody who pursues the lie is guilty of. Telling the truth is never out of season. How did Sherrilyn Kenyon put it again, "The bitterest truth was always better than the sweetest lie?" And, I'll not waste anymore time trying to substantiate why telling the truth is preferable to egging one on who's on the road leading to damnation.

I've noticed a few things about you too lately. Like your propensity for completely sidestepping relative information which might not bolster your position on things. Such as the fact that the words which gave birth to this whole ordeal were initially out of the mouth of a Cruz supporter. And BTW, can anybody on here truthfully say they had heard of Andrea McWilliams before I posted her comments? Or are we supposed to take at face value, that she just sort of popped up in timely fashion out of the woodwork to paint Trump's wife as some kind of trollop? I don't blame Trump one bit for taking a swing at Cruz. Cruz's team started the whole deal. How likely would you suppose, that it was his organization which dug for the dirt in the first place, and it was one of his dutiful zombies who fell on their sword in order to bring it out in the open, and on FOX News no less? I'll tell ya, Jerry Springer ain't got one thing on Neil Cavuto.

I've had enough misdirection to last a lifetime. The quintessential micro-managing chief executive, that's according to Leon Panetta, has set the dogs of liberalism loose upon this land. And whenever the inevitable repercussions for which have come home to roost, we first get a couple prescribed years worth of stonewalling. And then if for some reason the media still have not let things die down somebody gets reassigned, not fired. After all, our President is truly a man of the 'people', because he finds things out he same way we all do, reading the newspaper. So, if Cruz is going to use the Obama playbook he needs a little more polish. And then there is that pesky thing the medial calls video tape.

No wonder Trump calls him lying Ted. I mean, it's so obvious, who would bite on all this baloney?
You're sounding like Donald Trump's parrot, TRT. You can say what you want, but nothing in the Bible commands us to ridicule people who are Mormons or ridicule an entire state because the majority of its residents are Mormons. Christians and Jews are slaughtered throughout the Muslim world everyday because radical Muslims look down on them as subhumans. Ridicule, such as Donald Trump engages in every day is just the first step down the road toward violence toward religious minorities.

Ridicule is no way to demonstrate concern for another human being's eternal soul or to lead them down the path to salvation. And when Donald Trump questions the religious beliefs of Cruz, Rubio, and Carson based on their position in the polls - for political gain, I cannot understand why every religious person and even every committed atheist has not universally held him accountable. Trump's exploitation of religion and religious stereotypes will not end with his campaign. The prospect of Trump, Sanders, or Clinton being responsible for protecting our constitutional rights, including the First Amendment is surreal.

As for Cruz's supposed lies, you ignore Trump's lies, a few of which I have documented in great detail, yet when Trump accuses Cruz of lying, you repeat the charges as fact. Take a deep look at the polls' internal numbers. Poll after poll shows that Trump's juvenile behavior is driving up his negatives. Trump's claim that "most" polls show him beating Hillary is a flat out lie that can easily be verified on the Real Clear Politics web site. Hillary is crushing Trump in the polls and the gap has been steadily widening.

Trump has received an estimated $1.8 billion in "earned" media coverage - far more than all other Republican candidates combined. Yet he whines about how unfair the media is to him, and again, you repeat Trump's complaints as if they have a factual basis. I have watched Fox News' Eric Bolling, Jeanine Pirro, Bill O'Reilly and other Fox News employees give Trump softball interviews and openly campaign for him. I finally resorted to turning to CNN for more balanced coverage of both campaigns.

I had actually begun to accept the likelihood that Trump would win the majority of delegates and become the GOP nominee. However, it seems that the idiot cannot stop insulting women long enough to close the deal. I now believe that it is somewhat unlikely that Trump will win enough delegates to claim the nomination on the first ballot. If that happens, it will be unlikely that he can win at all, IMO.

Your charge that Cruz is using the Obama playbook is one of the more ridiculous things that you have ever posted. If you were paying attention, you might have noticed that Trump pulls stunts like attacking Heidi Cruz to distract from the fact that he is about to lose another primary. It is no coincidence that the allegations about five(!) Cruz affairs were published in a magazine owned by Trump's close personal friend, David Pecker. Pecker also smeared Ben Carson when he was riding high in the polls.

I know that there are many die hard Trump fans in this country who are not bothered by all of his flip-flops, attacks on women, personal insults, or any of Trump's many other character flaws, but the fact that Sanders, Clinton, and Trump are leading contenders for presidential nominations should deeply concern every American.

I am not trying to change your mind about Trump. It was obviously made up long ago, and as for the general election, it would be hypocritical of me to criticize anybody for settling for Trump as the lesser of two evils. This is the first election since Ross Perot ran against George H. W. Bush that I have not decided to do settle myself.

I just hope that Trump supporters do not riot if he loses the nomination because a majority of Republicans are still opposed to his nomination.

As for the National Enquirer smear of Ted Cruz, even if they are proven true, why would it make any difference when Trump has boasted of a long series of affairs through three marriages? Trump even took his first wife and one of his mistresses on the same ski vacation, which is where the Ivana Trump found out about Marla Maples. Still, I was willing to consider supporting Trump, knowing of his sordid past.

I know many will eagerly apply a double standard to Cruz if the alleged affairs are substantiated but I would not. My disgust at the thought of voting for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton is independent of my support for Ted Cruz. Smears like the one being perpetrated by Trump's campaign against Cruz reminds me of how Obama won his first two elections in Illinois.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You're sounding like Donald Trump's parrot, TRT. You can say what you want, but nothing in the Bible commands us to ridicule people who are Mormons or ridicule an entire state because the majority of its residents are Mormons. Christians and Jews are slaughtered throughout the Muslim world everyday because radical Muslims look down on them as subhumans. Ridicule, such as Donald Trump engages in every day is just the first step down the road toward violence toward religious minorities.

Ridicule is no way to demonstrate concern for another human being's eternal soul or to lead them down the path to salvation. And when Donald Trump questions the religious beliefs of Cruz, Rubio, and Carson based on their position in the polls - for political gain, I cannot understand why every religious person and even every committed atheist has not universally held him accountable. Trump's exploitation of religion and religious stereotypes will not end with his campaign. The prospect of Trump, Sanders, or Clinton being responsible for protecting our constitutional rights, including the First Amendment is surreal.

As for Cruz's supposed lies, you ignore Trump's lies, a few of which I have documented in great detail, yet when Trump accuses Cruz of lying, you repeat the charges as fact. Take a deep look at the polls' internal numbers. Poll after poll shows that Trump's juvenile behavior is driving up his negatives. Trump's claim that "most" polls show him beating Hillary is a flat out lie that can easily be verified on the Real Clear Politics web site. Hillary is crushing Trump in the polls and the gap has been steadily widening.

Trump has received an estimated $1.8 billion in "earned" media coverage - far more than all other Republican candidates combined. Yet he whines about how unfair the media is to him, and again, you repeat Trump's complaints as if they have a factual basis. I have watched Fox News' Eric Bolling, Jeanine Pirro, Bill O'Reilly and other Fox News employees give Trump softball interviews and openly campaign for him. I finally resorted to turning to CNN for more balanced coverage of both campaigns.

I had actually begun to accept the likelihood that Trump would win the majority of delegates and become the GOP nominee. However, it seems that the idiot cannot stop insulting women long enough to close the deal. I now believe that it is somewhat unlikely that Trump will win enough delegates to claim the nomination on the first ballot. If that happens, it will be unlikely that he can win at all, IMO.

Your charge that Cruz is using the Obama playbook is one of the more ridiculous things that you have ever posted. If you were paying attention, you might have noticed that Trump pulls stunts like attacking Heidi Cruz to distract from the fact that he is about to lose another primary. It is no coincidence that the allegations about five(!) Cruz affairs were published in a magazine owned by Trump's close personal friend, David Pecker. Pecker also smeared Ben Carson when he was riding high in the polls.

I know that there are many die hard Trump fans in this country who are not bothered by all of his flip-flops, attacks on women, personal insults, or any of Trump's many other character flaws, but the fact that Sanders, Clinton, and Trump are leading contenders for presidential nominations should deeply concern every American.

I am not trying to change your mind about Trump. It was obviously made up long ago, and as for the general election, it would be hypocritical of me to criticize anybody for settling for Trump as the lesser of two evils. This is the first election since Ross Perot ran against George H. W. Bush that I have not decided to do settle myself.

I just hope that Trump supporters do not riot if he loses the nomination because a majority of Republicans are still opposed to his nomination.

As for the National Enquirer smear of Ted Cruz, even if they are proven true, why would it make any difference when Trump has boasted of a long series of affairs through three marriages? Trump even took his first wife and one of his mistresses on the same ski vacation, which is where the Ivana Trump found out about Marla Maples. Still, I was willing to consider supporting Trump, knowing of his sordid past.

I know many will eagerly apply a double standard to Cruz if the alleged affairs are substantiated but I would not. My disgust at the thought of voting for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton is independent of my support for Ted Cruz. Smears like the one being perpetrated by Trump's campaign against Cruz reminds me of how Obama won his first two elections in Illinois.

Sidestepped me again and I proved beyond reasonable dispute who started all the wife berating brouhaha. I had a friend once who was an avowed atheist. His rationale went that apart from proper guidance, and having read a Superman comic book, one could very well worship him as a deity. Would it be ridicule to point out to such, that Superman is a fictional character from the mind of Jerry Siegel? Or would you just let that person believe a lie?

Once more people realize the truth about the back and forth, women will vote for Trump in large enough numbers. And for the record, you cannot show me where I have ridiculed Mormons. Trump supporters will not riot. I could care less about what the Inquirer prints. FDR, possibly the most important war time leader of all time, had a long running affair during his presidency. But, had it not been for his role, Hitler and Hirohito would have ruled the world.

Now about the ridiculous. The Hillary Clinton campaign published a picture of Barack Obama in full Arab garb during the 2007 primary, and then denied it. Harry Reid said Romney hadn't paid taxes for over a decade, but declined to give his source. And the Cruz campaign is the very likely source of Andrea McWilliams caustic assault on Trump's wife. And you don't or won't admit the pattern those events clearly show. The charge is made and some staffer is fired but, the candidate's skirts stay lily white even though the intended damage is done and Iowa is won.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Sidestepped me again and I proved beyond reasonable dispute who started all the wife berating brouhaha. I had a friend once who was an avowed atheist. His rationale went that apart from proper guidance, and having read a Superman comic book, one could very well worship him as a deity. Would it be ridicule to point out to such, that Superman is a fictional character from the mind of Jerry Siegel? Or would you just let that person believe a lie?

Once more people realize the truth about the back and forth, women will vote for Trump in large enough numbers. And for the record, you cannot show me where I have ridiculed Mormons. Trump supporters will not riot. I could care less about what the Inquirer prints. FDR, possibly the most important war time leader of all time, had a long running affair during his presidency. But, had it not been for his role, Hitler and Hirohito would have ruled the world.

Now about the ridiculous. The Hillary Clinton campaign published a picture of Barack Obama in full Arab garb during the 2007 primary, and then denied it. Harry Reid said Romney hadn't paid taxes for over a decade, but declined to give his source. And the Cruz campaign is the very likely source of Andrea McWilliams caustic assault on Trump's wife. And you don't or won't admit the pattern those events clearly show. The charge is made and some staffer is fired but, the candidate's skirts stay lily white even though the intended damage is done and Iowa is won.
I am not side stepping anything. I don't get my news from either campaign. Cruz's Senate opponent, David Dewhurst, just endorsed him over Trump, and Cruz has no history of running dirty campaigns. Every time that an opponent has gotten close to Trump in a poll, Trump has launched nasty personal attacks against them. I am not naive enough to think the timing is a coincidence.

An anti-Trump SuperPac, which was a pro-Rubio PAC, posted an ad featuring a nude photo of Trump's wife. Trump falsely accused Cruz of being behind the ad, when in truth it was not his PAC, and even if it had been federal law prohibits candidates from orchestrating activities of PACs. The Super PAC selected one of the least offensive photos of Melania Trump to feature in its ad. They could have selected one featuring a second young lady, without anything obscuring the view. The photo that was selected was taken in Trump's presence on his personal jet. The photo, which appeared on the cover of GC Magazine, is widely available on the web. It was only Trump's threat to trash Heidi Trump that drew attention to the ad.

It would have made no sense for the Cruz campaign to have ordered this kind of attack on a candidate as sleazy as Trump. His supporters would not have been bothered if the ad had featured a lesbian themed photo, so why bother?

In response to Cruz having done nothing wrong, Trump threatened to "spill the beans" on Heidi Cruz and then retweeted the side-by-side photos of the two wives, which ridiculed Mrs. Cruz's appearance.

I know that Fox News incorrectly described the Superc PAC as a "pro-Cruz Super PAC" for at least a full day. Networks that are not so blatantly working to elect Trump correctly described the nature of the super PAC.

Something else that you might have missed was the attached Trump tweet in which Trump says, "Ted Cruz's wife suffers from frequent mental breakdowns. Cannot be alone with her children."

Tell me, TRT, what did Heidi Cruz do to deserve such nasty Trump's attacks?

Short of a fortuitously timed Hillary Clinton indictment, Donald Trump will never be president. His record low ratings among women have nothing to do with Ted Cruz. Trump will need to convert a large number of white male Democrats to offset all of the women, minorities, and true conservatives who will never vote for him.

If Trump's goal was to torpedo Republicans' chances of retaking the White House, he could not be doing a better job.

Donald Trump is the sleaziest presidential candidate that I have ever seen. FDR was a good war time president but I don't know what that has to do with Trump. FDR's affair did not did not give him special powers to wage war. The fact that Trump dodged the Vietnam War and boasted that avoiding STDs was his Vietnam War suggests that he is no FDR. A man like Trump would never have made it this far into a campaign 10 years ago. Obama has blazed the way for sleazy, unqualified applicants for the job.

As for your Superman analogy, I am going to decline to comment. All I will say is that I will not be ridiculing Mormons or Utah. Trump probably regrets insulting the country's best known Mormon just before an election in which 70 percent of the participants are Mormons.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not side stepping anything. I don't get my news from either campaign. Cruz's Senate opponent, David Dewhurst, just endorsed him over Trump, and Cruz has no history of running dirty campaigns. Every time that an opponent has gotten close to Trump in a poll, Trump has launched nasty personal attacks against them. I am not naive enough to think the timing is a coincidence.

An anti-Trump SuperPac, which was a pro-Rubio PAC, posted an ad featuring a nude photo of Trump's wife. Trump falsely accused Cruz of being behind the ad, when in truth it was not his PAC, and even if it had been federal law prohibits candidates from orchestrating activities of PACs. The Super PAC selected one of the least offensive photos of Melania Trump to feature in its ad. They could have selected one featuring a second young lady, without anything obscuring the view. The photo that was selected was taken in Trump's presence on his personal jet. The photo, which appeared on the cover of GC Magazine, is widely available on the web. It was only Trump's threat to trash Heidi Trump that drew attention to the ad.

It would have made no sense for the Cruz campaign to have ordered this kind of attack on a candidate as sleazy as Trump. His supporters would not have been bothered if the ad had featured a lesbian themed photo, so why bother?

In response to Cruz having done nothing wrong, Trump threatened to "spill the beans" on Heidi Cruz and then retweeted the side-by-side photos of the two wives, which ridiculed Mrs. Cruz's appearance.

I know that Fox News incorrectly described the Superc PAC as a "pro-Cruz Super PAC" for at least a full day. Networks that are not so blatantly working to elect Trump correctly described the nature of the super PAC.

Something else that you might have missed was the attached Trump tweet in which Trump says, "Ted Cruz's wife suffers from frequent mental breakdowns. Cannot be alone with her children."

Tell me, TRT, what did Heidi Cruz do to deserve such nasty Trump's attacks?

Short of a fortuitously timed Hillary Clinton indictment, Donald Trump will never be president. His record low ratings among women have nothing to do with Ted Cruz. Trump will need to convert a large number of white male Democrats to offset all of the women, minorities, and true conservatives who will never vote for him.

If Trump's goal was to torpedo Republicans' chances of retaking the White House, he could not be doing a better job.

Donald Trump is the sleaziest presidential candidate that I have ever seen. FDR was a good war time president but I don't know what that has to do with Trump. FDR's affair did not did not give him special powers to wage war. The fact that Trump dodged the Vietnam War and boasted that avoiding STDs was his Vietnam War suggests that he is no FDR. A man like Trump would never have made it this far into a campaign 10 years ago. Obama has blazed the way for sleazy, unqualified applicants for the job.

As for your Superman analogy, I am going to decline to comment. All I will say is that I will not be ridiculing Mormons or Utah. Trump probably regrets insulting the country's best known Mormon just before an election in which 70 percent of the participants are Mormons.

There were two video clips on that page I cited. Did you even watch it? If so, how can you deny the chronology of the situation? Andrea McWilliams' assault on Trump's wife predates this whole sleazy mess.

Would I have reacted like Trump did? No, but regardless of the base moral aspiration of which you have assigned them, he and his wife were expecting the soon birth of a child. Slimes that you say they are, it is a special time for them none the less, as they are no doubt aware of their sub level plight. He was no doubt touchy about that and the McWilliams attack was he surmised, no doubt a campaign maneuver on he order of those I have pointed out from the recent past. In my mind, only a koolaid junkie would reject that view out of hand.

No one has personal secrets in this day in time, and one's forays which are shall we say unflattering, are not all that hard to dig up. I'm quite certain there are legions of investigators working feverishly to uncover as much as possible on both sides as we speak.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next