•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Case Against Donald J. Trump
Hoot Gibson Wrote:A clear majority of voters despise Hillary Clinton. All the GOP had to do to win the White House was to offer a reasonably good alternative, and the best they could come up with was one of Crooked Hillary's sleaziest supporters. In the end, the majority gets the government that it deserves.

You mean like they did against Obama, twice?:eyeroll:
TheRealThing Wrote:The GOP could have run St Thomas More and the Dems would still have been out digging up dirt and making stuff up about him. But after hundreds of derogatory and demeaning posts, it's nice to see that you none the less rate Trump as 'the best,' from among the original 17 candidate field, 13 and a half million voters agreed with you.

I know you're desperate to make Trump look as bad as possible but citing The Washington Post? Jeff Bezos, the ragingly liberal billionaire owner of the Post, is the guy who assigned at least 20 reporters to assault the person of Donald Trump this election season, while an undisclosed number may or may not be looking to report on Hillary. No bias there.

Waste of time trying to reach ol' Hoot. Once you're on the public tit, it's inevitable you start trashing Republicans in order to keep fattening up at the taxpayer-funded trough.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump's decision to personally and dishonestly attack the character of his fellow Republican candidates continues to hamper his fund raising efforts. Little Lyin' Donnie seems to be running a pretty low energy operation.

What Hillary Clinton is to 'heir apparency' for Democrats, Jeb Bush was in like manner for the Republicans. He came in awash with backer money and on his mantle emblazoned in golden stitching were the words "I'm Next". He made his entrance into the candidate field like a US nuclear Carrier coming into port, bristling with F22's and able bodied seamen on deck.

The only problem with all of that was the people, like the people of Britain, had had enough of the establishment's hand picked successors and faceless bureaucrats making daily life miserable. After decades of excuses and unfulfilled promises, it was time to shake things up in DC. Everybody, including one of your idols in the person of Mark Levin, had been calling for the voters to rise up, but when they did, the #pinch nosed self appointed aristocracy, freaked out. At any rate, the silver spoon in the mouth of Jeb Bush didn't sweeten his demeanor much when the fur started to fly as the campaign got under way. His arrogance and sense of entitlement gave him away almost immediately and it was he who turned the voter off on his own behalf, not Trump. Not to say that Trump was in any way not up to the challenge as he gave better than he got. But what went down is a matter of history, I saw the debates and I listened to all the talk, Jeb did not campaign on the issues, he made it personal, and it was he who set the stage and the tone of primary season.

The people now recognize just how closely Paul Ryan's political positions mirror Hillary Clinton's positions. The one point that you and others just will not accept is that the people, being sick of the status quo felt compelled to go to an outlier candidate in order to bypass the politically correct stupidity, open borders, out of control welfare, a precariously decimated military, as well as brain dead fiscal and foreign policy embarrassments. They don't feel that the same establishment that brought us to a state of terminal vapor lock at the national level is capable or coming up with a solution. Hence, the rise of Donald Trump, who I might add is supported by those who had a part of the once in a century successes of the Reagan Administration.

I mean, is it just me or are we still making the same mistake over and over again here? There are two opposing factions of the establishment, the conservatives of the afore mentioned wildly successful Reagan Administration, and the progressive/liberals who have now managed to ship wreck the US at the financial, political, military and health care levels. But here is the point or perhaps the question; why are we listening to liberals tell us that the successes of the Reagan Era did not happen? I was there and folks, they did happen. Only last week I heard Hillary say that trickle down economics did not work. That my friends is a bare faced lie. So well did they work under Mr Reagan in fact, that the country Bill Clinton inherited was so financially well healed his 8 years term was a time of plenty. Now, please don't try to tell me that Billy Boy came into the Oval Office and just flipped a switch. His predecessor's 8 years of steady and sage guidance built the fortunes the Clinton Era enjoyed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Waste of time trying to reach ol' Hoot. Once you're on the public tit, it's inevitable you start trashing Republicans in order to keep fattening up at the taxpayer-funded trough.

Hillary has already landed on the head of that pin, promising union wage increases, an attack on states with 'right to work' laws, and enhanced benefits for union rank and file. I got news for them. When they see what ObamaCare really means to their bottom line, there's going to be a mass fainting spell. Without getting into a long winded explanation, even though union health plans, called cadilac plans, have been major draws to the union labor force, after 2018 anytime an individual's plan costs exceed established limits under the ObamaCare mandate, that individual must pay a 40% levy or fee based on the amount of the overage. So say the policy holder is a typical beer drinking hard working union guy who learns that he must undergo bypass surgery and when the bill come in the overall costs associated with his policy exceeds the ObamaCare guidelines by 30 thousand dollars. 40% of 30 thou is $12,000.00.

That's a lot of money, and I wish somebody would finally tell working people about the life they can expect living under the ObamaCare mandate. My insurance costs have gone up nearly 90% since it's passage. While the services it will pay for have greatly diminished. It costs more and it pays far less. We the middle class, are being forced to pay for the health care of the poor. There is the typical manifestation of liberal governance at work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Trump still seems to prefer trashing fellow Republicans to attacking Hillary. I wonder why so many well known Republicans have decided to skip the GOP Convention next month? Smart politicians always have excuses to avoid sharing a stage with a loser.

Seriously, Trump is getting exactly what he deserves. His vicious, slimey campaign tactics against Rubio, Cruz, and Jeb have probably already sealed his fate. No Republican candidate can beat Hillary without solid support from conservatives - and Trump is only a poor imitation of a Republican.

Quote:Donald Trump Issues a Warning to Republicans

Only a few weeks ahead of the Republican National Convention, Donald Trump is preparing for what’s likely to be a charged event, as some Republicans look to upend the gathering. How? The Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign are threatening to keep those who are not in favor of the party’s nominee from taking speaking slots at the gathering, according to The New York Times.

It’s the culmination of a heated primary season that began with 17 Republican presidential candidates and that, over time, narrowed, as Trump swept states across the nation. And right now, it’s unclear if some of those who exited the race will be permitted to speak at the convention, given Trump’s conditions. Take Senator Ted Cruz: He dropped out of the race in May, and he still has not endorsed Trump. But as the Times notes, however much Trump may want to bar the Texas senator, it may not be possible for him to keep Cruz from speaking. That’s because, since Cruz “won a majority of delegates in at least eight states, he would probably be able to have his name entered into nomination, guaranteeing him a speech under party rules.”

Another former primary rival, Ohio Governor John Kasich, has said he isn’t prepared to back Trump. But barring Kasich from speaking at the convention bears particular significance, as he’s the governor of the state where the convention is taking place. Nevertheless, Trump made clear in an interview with the Times that without their backing, he has no intention of letting Kasich or Cruz appear. “If there’s no endorsement, then I would not invite them to speak,” Trump said.

Meanwhile, other Republican leaders simply don’t want to speak at the convention. According to Politico, a number of representatives, senators, and governors have said they either don’t want to speak or don’t want to attend at all. Among them, Representative Trey Gowdy (who has never attended a convention), Senator Kelly Ayotte, and Senator Lindsey Graham. South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has not been asked to speak, but it seems she certainly has no intention to. It’s a stark contrast from prior conventions when slots were coveted. Politico adds:

Quote:Trump’s convention troubles represent a big turnabout from 2012, when Mitt Romney’s team had an endless list of choices. Whoever Romney wanted to speak, one ex-adviser to the former GOP nominee recalled, he got. They would end up packing the three-day schedule with boldfaced names, including Haley, [Senator Rob] Portman, and Kasich.
Whenever I say "we" in this post I am referring to "We The People".*

Look folks, we have an opportunity in this upcoming presidential election to make statement. A statement that shows the political class that we are fed up! Fed up with the same ole same ole.

Even though the republican party had 17 candidates seeking the nomination, we have chosen only one, Donald Trump. The democrat party has chosen Hillary Clinton. Those two are what we have to choose from.

Ted Crews was my choice from the moment he entered the race and right up to the point he exited the race. Unfortunately he couldn't get it done. 15 more could not get it done. Donald Trump did get it done.

As bad as some of you despise Trump, please don't let this opportunity pass. An opportunity to show the political class we are sick and tired of them. Hillary Clinton represents EVERYTHING that sickens us about the political class and Washington politics in general.

As republicans, democrats and frustrated Americans, can't we join in and send our message, even if it does mean dealing with Trump for four years?

We want term limits, so we say. Term limits are built in people, yet we continue to bend over, grab our ankles and reelect useless politicians over and over at an alarmingly high percentage. Can someone please explain this one to me?

Some of you may be high in Paul Ryan and other members of the federal government that just can't get on board to support Trump. Some of you might be confused as to why so many talking heads, pundits, big money donors and "respected" journalists can't get on board. I firmly believe it has zero to do with Trump's ability to be president. I firmly believe it has nothing to do with racism, immigration, foreign policy, national defense, the economy or anything else you can come up with pertaining to being POTUS. I believe it has EVERYTHING to do with upsetting the apple cart.*

These politicians we keep putting back in office love the apple cart just as it is. The cart gives them power and money. It gives them a sense of entitlement. It's been giving them more power over us and they're hooked.

Let's send them a message. A message that says we are upsetting their apple cart. A cart that is hauling around a rotting bunch of slimy fruit the bears nothing but a stench. "We" can do this by giving them Trump in this election. Feast or famine, I bet in 2020 "We" will be taken much more seriously. Give 'em Clinton and we can just latch on to our ankles for a long long time.
⬆⬆ On a personal level, could you give a few examples of how you are currently being asked to "latch on to your ankles"? Your points about corruption in the political class, ok, I get it. But how, specifically, are you currently having to bend over and take it?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆⬆ On a personal level, could you give a few examples of how you are currently being asked to "latch on to your ankles"? Your points about corruption in the political class, ok, I get it. But how, specifically, are you currently having to bend over and take it?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆⬆ On a personal level, could you give a few examples of how you are currently being asked to "latch on to your ankles"? Your points about corruption in the political class, ok, I get it. But how, specifically, are you currently having to bend over and take it?
For one thing, the people in this country are overwhelmingly in favor of securing our borders and drastically cutting illegal immigration into this country. Yet, under Obama and the RINOs who control Congress, our own government is allowing cheap labor to pour over our southern border - illegal aliens who typically vote for Democrats (if and when they become citizens) at a 70 percent rate. RINOs are selling us out to supply the Chamber of Commerce members with cheap labor, while relegating the Republican Party to a future as a permanent minority party.

Americans are also overwhelmingly opposed to allowing unvettable Muslim "refugees" into this country. yet Obama and the Democrats not only welcome the potential terrorists into the country, they also work overtime to undermine our Second Amendment rights. With every terrorist attack, Democrats blame guns instead of Islamic terrorists, whose success they are making possible.

There are so many examples where our politicians and courts have ignored the will of the people that I cannot believe that you had to ask for an example.

Unfortunately and predictably, Trump has flip-flopped on immigration reform and claims that nobody has deported more illegal aliens than Obama and that he will be more "compassionate." He has also backed off the temporary ban on Muslim immigration and essentially adopted Ted Cruz's position.

If I believed that there was really much difference between Hillary and Trump, I would be enthusiastically supporting him. Trump was being truthful when he praised Bill Clinton and Obama for the job they were doing as president and when he praised Hillary Clinton's performance as Sec. of State.

As for Trump, nothing any Trump supporter says and nothing that I say or do is going to result in him winning in November. Hillary Clinton will need to commit a few more felonies for Trump to even have a chance of winning. Trump supporters need to start putting some of the blame for his current desperate situation where it rightfully belongs - on Donald Trump.

Trump has poked conservatives in the eye at every opportunity and he cannot win without their votes. I still have my doubts that he ever really wanted to win. He is acting as anything but a winner.
Citizens United says that Big Pharma and the individual person have the same right of speech. That idea threatens "we the people" far more than Mexicans picking strawberries and laying concrete block, in my opinion.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Citizens United says that Big Pharma and the individual person have the same right of speech. That idea threatens "we the people" far more than Mexicans picking strawberries and laying concrete block, in my opinion.
I completely agree with the Citizens United agreement. If you favor strict regulation of campaign financing, then you are saying you are okay with incumbents and celebrities enjoying a near monopoly on political power in this country. The only reason politicians favor so-called campaign finance "reform" is that it always benefits candidates with strong name recognition.

The more campaign spending is restricted, the more likely clowns like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton end up in the White House. I cannot believe how gullible people are who think that restricting the right of people to donate money to candidates of their choice is a good thing. Take the McCain-Feingold law. John McCain was near the front of the line in exploiting the law to build a massive campaign war chest.

There is one thing that you can be sure of in life - when you think that politicians are voting against their own self interests - you are mistaken. Any campaign finance law that has been signed into law in the past and any such law that may be passed in the future will make it more difficult for challengers to defeat incumbents in elections. That is the only reason that such laws ever pass.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I completely agree with the Citizens United agreement. If you favor strict regulation of campaign financing, then you are saying you are okay with incumbents and celebrities enjoying a near monopoly on political power in this country. The only reason politicians favor so-called campaign finance "reform" is that it always benefits candidates with strong name recognition.

The more campaign spending is restricted, the more likely clowns like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton end up in the White House. I cannot believe how gullible people are who think that restricting the right of people to donate money to candidates of their choice is a good thing. Take the McCain-Feingold law. John McCain was near the front of the line in exploiting the law to build a massive campaign war chest.

There is one thing that you can be sure of in life - when you think that politicians are voting against their own self interests - you are mistaken. Any campaign finance law that has been signed into law in the past and any such law that may be passed in the future will make it more difficult for challengers to defeat incumbents in elections. That is the only reason that such laws ever pass.

Right now, perpetual fund raising is a place where the legislators of the two major parties meet in unity. "Pay to play" has no favorite red or blue suit. When a group of people form a corporation, and then like-interests corporations form strategic lobbying groups pumping mega green into the digestive bowels of elections at every "check and balance" level? Isn't it a tad "gullible" to believe that the best interests of individual citizens and communities are best served by giving Big Money all the real seats at the table?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:For one thing, the people in this country are overwhelmingly in favor of securing our borders and drastically cutting illegal immigration into this country. Yet, under Obama and the RINOs who control Congress, our own government is allowing cheap labor to pour over our southern border - illegal aliens who typically vote for Democrats (if and when they become citizens) at a 70 percent rate. RINOs are selling us out to supply the Chamber of Commerce members with cheap labor, while relegating the Republican Party to a future as a permanent minority party.

Americans are also overwhelmingly opposed to allowing unvettable Muslim "refugees" into this country. yet Obama and the Democrats not only welcome the potential terrorists into the country, they also work overtime to undermine our Second Amendment rights. With every terrorist attack, Democrats blame guns instead of Islamic terrorists, whose success they are making possible.

There are so many examples where our politicians and courts have ignored the will of the people that I cannot believe that you had to ask for an example.

Unfortunately and predictably, Trump has flip-flopped on immigration reform and claims that nobody has deported more illegal aliens than Obama and that he will be more "compassionate." He has also backed off the temporary ban on Muslim immigration and essentially adopted Ted Cruz's position.

If I believed that there was really much difference between Hillary and Trump, I would be enthusiastically supporting him. Trump was being truthful when he praised Bill Clinton and Obama for the job they were doing as president and when he praised Hillary Clinton's performance as Sec. of State.

As for Trump, nothing any Trump supporter says and nothing that I say or do is going to result in him winning in November. Hillary Clinton will need to commit a few more felonies for Trump to even have a chance of winning. Trump supporters need to start putting some of the blame for his current desperate situation where it rightfully belongs - on Donald Trump.

Trump has poked conservatives in the eye at every opportunity and he cannot win without their votes. I still have my doubts that he ever really wanted to win. He is acting as anything but a winner.

You were doing fine right up to the point when you could not resist blaming Trump for beating the rest of the field again.

The same arrogant Republican elite who were defeated during the primary season are still expecting Trump to come crawling up to them, kiss their ring, and start doing things their way. They still don't get it, the people went around them. Erik Erikson and the rest of #EverDumb none the less, still plan to make a move on Trump at the convention. If it had not been for Trump, we would be in yet another race to see which side could give the most stuff away to foreigners and no-works.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well sir, "I" am not the only one taking it. We are taking it by the political class building gargantuan debt that We, our children and grandchildren will have to pay. We are bending over taking whatever comes from the political class while escorting it in. Hey, I've got it pretty good right now but I'm looking past my nose. The current pace of financial decline, working class decline and moral decline WILL be dealt with by someone, right? Betch ya one thing, the political class will not be the ones dealing with it. "We" will take the brunt of it. If you and guys like 64sur (a good friend of mine) are comfortable with the path we're on, then good, maybe you guys, your children and grandchildren won't have to deal with it. I hope your confidence and comfort in what our government has become works out great for you, I really do. Personally I think "We" end up getting screwed.

Have at it men, if you like where we're headed as a country, keep on voting for those that put us on that path, over and over and over again.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Right now, perpetual fund raising is a place where the legislators of the two major parties meet in unity. "Pay to play" has no favorite red or blue suit. When a group of people form a corporation, and then like-interests corporations form strategic lobbying groups pumping mega green into the digestive bowels of elections at every "check and balance" level? Isn't it a tad "gullible" to believe that the best interests of individual citizens and communities are best served by giving Big Money all the real seats at the table?
So, you think a celebrity like Trump or Sean Penn would make honest, trustworthy public servants because they would not have to spend so much time fundraising building their name recognition? What about Kim Kardashian? Wouldn't she make a swell U.S. Senator?

One reason that politicians spend so much time fundraising is the restrictions that are placed on individual contributions. Remove the limits and require full disclosure of donations, and let voters decide whether the donations accepted by a candidate have corrupted them. Then, only candidates with something to hide would resort to Super PACs to do their dirty work.

Think about the logic of believing that Congress will ever pass campaign finance laws that will not benefit incumbents and that a President would also sign a bill into law making it easier for challengers to defeat them. It is nothing but wishful thinking.
64SUR Wrote::lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Laugh all you want my friend. My post is aimed at democrats and republicans alike, neither at the federal level are worth their salt. I'm disgusted at 'em all. Doesn't it bother you at all that young 64sur has a great chance of having to settle this debt both parties have amassed, or are you completely convinced more career crooked politicians are the answer? I'm for changing it up a bit.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Laugh all you want my friend. My post is aimed at democrats and republicans alike, neither at the federal level are worth their salt. I'm disgusted at 'em all. Doesn't it bother you at all that young 64sur has a great chance of having to settle this debt both parties have amassed, or are you completely convinced more career crooked politicians are the answer? I'm for changing it up a bit.

It really doesn't enter anyone's mind how the debt will ever be repaid. Citizens want free stuff (47%) or grossly overpaid gov't jobs (Hoot) and politicians love to hand it out to keep their power.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Well sir, "I" am not the only one taking it. We are taking it by the political class building gargantuan debt that We, our children and grandchildren will have to pay. We are bending over taking whatever comes from the political class while escorting it in. Hey, I've got it pretty good right now but I'm looking past my nose. The current pace of financial decline, working class decline and moral decline WILL be dealt with by someone, right? Betch ya one thing, the political class will not be the ones dealing with it. "We" will take the brunt of it. If you and guys like 64sur (a good friend of mine) are comfortable with the path we're on, then good, maybe you guys, your children and grandchildren won't have to deal with it. I hope your confidence and comfort in what our government has become works out great for you, I really do. Personally I think "We" end up getting screwed.

Have at it men, if you like where we're headed as a country, keep on voting for those that put us on that path, over and over and over again.

Accumulating a large national debt doesn't wear a red or blue suit. I am not sure that suggesting that the Bill of Rights extends to citizens regardless of race, ethnic origin, sexual designation and/or preference is necessarily bad. It might mean that our children inherit a country more cognizant that, in this world, respect and honor aren't just given to people who look like us and think like us and worship like us. This doesn't mean we don't have a fair and responsible immigration policy. This doesn't mean a Baptist church has to offer its fellowship hall to a same-sex wedding reception.
More evidence that Trump is either a total moron who will not take political advice or is not serious about winning in November.

Trump should not be wasting time feuding with Hillary Clinton's surrogates. He should be in constant attack mode and his targets should be Obama and Hillary Clinton. Instead, Trump is engaging in a Twitter was against Elizabeth Warren.

Obama's job approval numbers are over 50 percent, which means he will be an effective fund raiser and speaker for Democratic candidates. Trump's unfavorable rating is 70 percent and attacking Warren will do nothing to improve on that number.

Hillary Clinton is hammering away at Trump and running campaign ads in battleground states. Trump's campaign has about a tenth of the staff of Hillary's campaign and almost no money to spend on ads.

Google "Trump" and then click the "News" link. Count the negative Trump stories and compare that number against the positive Trump stories on the first couple of pages of results.

Donald Trump cannot beat Hillary by relying on "earned" media. Besides Fox News Channel, none of the large mainstream media sources want him to win. That means he needs needs to spend at least as much on paid ads as Hillary is spending to win. Instead, Trump is doing the opposite of what he should be doing. He is unfocused, undisciplined, and under funded. That is a a recipe for an electoral disaster.

Hillary is a horrible candidate. Trump is even worse. Neither one would have a chance of winning against a decent candidate.

Even if he could convince most Democrats that Elizabeth Warren is a racist, how does that help Trump at Hillary's expense? Trump is just wasting time and he is doing nothing to win over more Republicans, let alone independents or Democrats. Given the poll numbers and Trump's refusal to stick to a coherent message and strategy, how could any wealthy donor justify dumping millions of dollars into his campaign?

Quote:Donald Trump calls Elizabeth Warren a ‘racist’

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) hasn’t just been active in calling out Donald Trump; she’s also positioned herself as one of the nation’s most prominent Democrats that Republicans just love to hate.

This NBC News report, for example, is a reminder that the presumptive GOP nominee is doing more than just trading rhetorical jabs with a Senate critic. One gets the impression that Trump vehemently dislikes Warren on a rather personal level.

Donald Trump told NBC News that Sen. Elizabeth Warren is “racist” and “a total fraud” after attacking him during a Hillary Clinton rally in Ohio on Monday.

“She made up her heritage, which I think is racist. I think she’s a racist, actually because what she did was very racist,” Trump said in a phone interview.

Let’s pause to note two things. First, if Donald J. Trump, of all people, wants to have a debate about who is and isn’t “a racist,” he’s making a terrible mistake. Second, the background on Trump’s latest whining has to do with Warren family lore about a Cherokee ancestor.

Republicans don’t believe Warren’s family history, and have used this in recent years to make ugly, racially charged attacks.

Trump added in his NBC interview, “[W]e call her Pocahontas for a reason.” I’m still not entirely sure what that means. Does Trump think Pocahontas falsely claimed Native American heritage? Is he somehow suggesting Pocahontas was a racist? Trying to translate his rhetoric from Trump to English can get a little tricky.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So, you think a celebrity like Trump or Sean Penn would make honest, trustworthy public servants because they would not have to spend so much time fundraising building their name recognition? What about Kim Kardashian? Wouldn't she make a swell U.S. Senator?

One reason that politicians spend so much time fundraising is the restrictions that are placed on individual contributions. Remove the limits and require full disclosure of donations, and let voters decide whether the donations accepted by a candidate have corrupted them. Then, only candidates with something to hide would resort to Super PACs to do their dirty work.

Think about the logic of believing that Congress will ever pass campaign finance laws that will not benefit incumbents and that a President would also sign a bill into law making it easier for challengers to defeat them. It is nothing but wishful thinking.

It is treating Big Pharma, for example, like an individual (in legal construct) that I am talking about here. I am suggesting that "green" politics isn't really about the environment...it is about how policy tends to flow where Big Business interests runs, and, quite often, the "little people" get full flat run over and forgotten. Full disclosure is an absolute must. I agree on that point. Trump has not self-financed in any real sense. He has taken advantage of a ratings crazed news cycle. I would have to look it up, but I would venture a guess that Ross Perrot, at this same juncture, had spent far more of his own money than Donald Trump...just a guess..
Note: Perot ended up spending 63 million...Steve Forbes spent 37 million (their own money)
Not surprising it makes Hoot mad that Trump strikes back at Warren. Warren might be the biggest nutcase to ever come down the pike. Total fraud.

Hoot, you have spent untold hours on here posting garbage about Trump. You haven't changed a single mind. You have only lost any credibility you may have ever had and exposed yourself as a big-government hack.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:It is treating Big Pharma, for example, like an individual (in legal construct) that I am talking about here. I am suggesting that "green" politics isn't really about the environment...it is about how policy tends to flow where Big Business interests runs, and, quite often, the "little people" get full flat run over and forgotten. Full disclosure is an absolute must. I agree on that point. Trump has not self-financed in any real sense. He has taken advantage of a ratings crazed news cycle. I would have to look it up, but I would venture a guess that Ross Perrot, at this same juncture, had spent far more of his own money than Donald Trump...just a guess.
Do you have any idea how many lives "Big Pharma" saves every year? Any clue how many drugs that are developed by "Big Pharma" are total wastes of money, compared to the few that pan out? I worked on site for one of the largest pharmaceuticals in the world on an 18-month project and what I observed was a large number of researchers working long hours to cure human diseases.

I will never understand why liberals choose to demonize those who save millions of lives, while praising companies like Planned Parenthood who destroy more than a million human lives each year. Big Pharma evil? Planned Parenthood good? That kind of twisted logic is why I am not a liberal.
jetpilot Wrote:Not surprising it makes Hoot mad that Trump strikes back at Warren. Warren might be the biggest nutcase to ever come down the pike. Total fraud.

Hoot, you have spent untold hours on here posting garbage about Trump. You haven't changed a single mind. You have only lost any credibility you may have ever had and exposed yourself as a big-government hack.

But, Trump is not gaining ground by striking back at Warren. He should zero in on Hillary Clinton and President Obama and dismiss Warren as irrelevant...almost an "Elizabeth Who?" approach. Let his supporters dog Warren.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Do you have any idea how many lives "Big Pharma" saves every year? Any clue how many drugs that are developed by "Big Pharma" are total wastes of money, compared to the few that pan out? I worked on site for one of the largest pharmaceuticals in the world on an 18-month project and what I observed was a large number of researchers working long hours to cure human diseases.

I will never understand why liberals choose to demonize those who save millions of lives, while praising companies like Planned Parenthood who destroy more than a million human lives each year. Big Pharma evil? Planned Parenthood good? That kind of twisted logic is why I am not a liberal.

First, I didn't use "evil" language. Second, nowhere did I say the pharmaceutical companies should be excluded from having a voice. Third, I concur that drug companies are on the front lines of medical advances and treatments. I used Big Pharma as an example of a cluster of corporations, banded together by like interests, treated as a single individual, granted enormous influence and power.
⬆⬆ Also, equating the scientists developing drug treatments to advance human health with the MBA lobbyists and former senators and representatives stalking the halls of Congress and offering junkets and dinners, earning massive salaries?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:But, Trump is not gaining ground by striking back at Warren. He should zero in on Hillary Clinton and President Obama and dismiss Warren as irrelevant...almost an "Elizabeth Who?" approach. Let his supporters dog Warren.

Like Hillary is doing?Confusednicker:
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:But, Trump is not gaining ground by striking back at Warren. He should zero in on Hillary Clinton and President Obama and dismiss Warren as irrelevant...almost an "Elizabeth Who?" approach. Let his supporters dog Warren.

Something we can 100% agree on!
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Laugh all you want my friend. My post is aimed at democrats and republicans alike, neither at the federal level are worth their salt. I'm disgusted at 'em all. Doesn't it bother you at all that young 64sur has a great chance of having to settle this debt both parties have amassed, or are you completely convinced more career crooked politicians are the answer? I'm for changing it up a bit.

I guessed we should have thought about that when George Bush Jr. Stole the election from Al Gore 16 years later hell yeah I'm concern. But Trump ain't the answer for me to sell my soul to the devil. And yes we will be friends win or lose SKINNYPIG. Sorry about the LMAO icon I should have use this one. :partyhard
64SUR Wrote:I guessed we should have thought about that when George Bush Jr. Stole the election from Al Gore 16 years later hell yeah I'm concern. But Trump ain't the answer for me to sell my soul to the devil. And yes we will be friends win or lose SKINNYPIG. Sorry about the LMAO icon I should have use this one. :partyhard

The hanging chad fiasco, I'm trying to forget that mess. You'll never hear me tout the entire Bush presidency. Out of respect I'm going to refrain from putting the LMAO icon on here in reference to you selling your soul to the devil/Trump, as if Hillary is some kind of angel. Ha!
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:First, I didn't use "evil" language. Second, nowhere did I say the pharmaceutical companies should be excluded from having a voice. Third, I concur that drug companies are on the front lines of medical advances and treatments. I used Big Pharma as an example of a cluster of corporations, banded together by like interests, treated as a single individual, granted enormous influence and power.
Unfortunately, in the system of government that has evolved, if industries do not lobby, then they are victimized by their own government. It is a pay to play system and the trial lawyers, environmental extremists, and other liberal groups lobby the government at least as effectively as the major employers in this country do. The lack of tort reform in this country costs Americans billions of dollars of dollars in higher medical and insurance costs. Yet, liberals rarely demonize the hands that feed their politicians.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next