Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican National Convention
TheRealThing Wrote:Redirect you honor. We've covered this ground in the past and though I fully expect you once again to completely side step. Where and when did the Koch Brothers use their money to foment riot and insurrection, right here in the good ol USA?

Says the master of side stepping. :hilarious:
Player one: addresses issue
Player two: accuses player one of changing the subject, therefore changing the subject to who changes the subject more. Typical Trump supporter.
Player 1-
TheRealThing Wrote:Redirect you honor. We've covered this ground in the past and though I fully expect you once again to completely side step. Where and when did the Koch Brothers use their money to foment riot and insurrection, right here in the good ol USA? :

Player 2 -
WideRight05 Wrote:Says the master of side stepping. :hilarious:

catdoggy Wrote:Player one: addresses issue
Player two: accuses player one of changing the subject, therefore changing the subject to who changes the subject more. Typical Trump supporter.

What's really left to say? Catdoggy gets it and he doesn't even have a dog in the fight. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Denial is a phase TRT. It seems Trumpateers want to stay there.
catdoggy Wrote:Denial is a phase TRT. It seems Trumpateers want to stay there.

As much as you might like to do it, you cannot just wish away the next 81 days. This campaign is much closer than the press would have you believe. And though they will continue to howl at the moon and lie like dogs, this thing is far from over for Donald J. Trump.

IMHO, Romney lost the race to Obama in the last week of the election. There will be no letdown this time. No stammering in the coming Presidential debates as did Romney when the glaringly obvious collusion between Moderator Candice Crowley and the Obama campaign shown through the thin veil of deceit. No lack of information or courage. No lack of support from the US Armed Services, the CIA and the FBI, all of whom are under the thumb of this administration. And regardless of what's being put out there about the election being over, you can bet Republicans will be out in droves and so will all your crossover buddies and everybody else who actually has skin in the game. One more little tidbit. The only people who are buying into this idea that Hillary's scandalous machinations don't matter to the voters, are the hard core libs. More and more emails are a comin, and you can bet the other shoe hasn't quite dropped yet with regard to the Clinton Foundation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:As much as you might like to do it, you cannot just wish away the next 81 days. This campaign is much closer than the press would have you believe. And though they will continue to howl at the moon and lie like dogs, this thing is far from over for Donald J. Trump.

IMHO, Romney lost the race to Obama in the last week of the election. There will be no letdown this time. No stammering in the coming Presidential debates as did Romney when the glaringly obvious collusion between Moderator Candice Crowley and the Obama campaign shown through the thin veil of deceit. No lack of information or courage. No lack of support from the US Armed Services, the CIA and the FBI, all of whom are under the thumb of this administration. And regardless of what's being put out there about the election being over, you can bet Republicans will be out in droves and so will all your crossover buddies and everybody else who actually has skin in the game. One more little tidbit. The only people who are buying into this idea that Hillary's scandalous machinations don't matter to the voters, are the hard core libs. More and more emails are a comin, and you can bet the other shoe hasn't quite dropped yet with regard to the Clinton Foundation.
If the race was close, Trump would not have just replaced his campaign manager for the second time. The race is not over, but Trump is quickly running out of time to overtake a huge deficit against a much better funded opponent.
TheRealThing Wrote:Redirect you honor. We've covered this ground in the past and though I fully expect you once again to completely side step. Where and when did the Koch Brothers use their money to foment riot and insurrection, right here in the good ol USA?

Riot, insurrection...protest and peaceful demonstration. Ghandi and King preached non-violent protest, yet a small percentage embraced violence within the movement. Did that mean King and Ghandi supported riot and insurrection? The comparison is not Soros to King and Ghandi. But, the initial claim stands: Soros and the Koch Brothers have both benefited from the judicial activism that the Roberts majority pulled off in Citizens United. They both pump cash by the barrell to policy makers who share their worldview.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:▶ First, I beg your pardon; I never said Soros was a rose garden.

▶ Second, before the "anti-Semitic" stuff gets too long in the tooth, Soros is a child survivor of the Holocaust. Like Chomsky, he deeply opposes the policies of the present right wing Jewish leadership.

▶ Third, the suggestion was that Soros and the Koch brothers use their vast wealth to bolster those who share their worldviews...and are big enough spenders to have access to policy makers that almost no other private citizens have.

lol....For someone who said that he really didn't know much about Soros, you sure can spew off a bunch of junk when you need to defend him..Suddenly you can become an expert.

Let's just be honest Travolta, you fully embrace the perverted objectives of one of the world's most sick and evil minds. It's who you are.
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....For someone who said that he really didn't know much about Soros, you sure can spew off a bunch of junk when you need to defend him..Suddenly you can become an expert.

Let's just be honest Travolta, you fully embrace the perverted objectives of one of the world's most sick and evil minds. It's who you are.

I don't think it correct to compare Soros with Hitler. That's not defending him. I think the Koch Brothers and Soros both use their exorbitant wealth to play around with their interest in politics and policy. That's about it.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the race was close, Trump would not have just replaced his campaign manager for the second time. The race is not over, but Trump is quickly running out of time to overtake a huge deficit against a much better funded opponent.

Well, all you can do is keep those sweaty fingers crossed. But I believe despite the continuing uproar from a panic stricken establishment, the liberal media and their legions of mushrooms, along with the #NeverLucid space cadets, Trump will be the next President.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I don't think it correct to compare Soros with Hitler. That's not defending him. I think the Koch Brothers and Soros both use their exorbitant wealth to play around with their interest in politics and policy. That's about it.

Their objectives are not even remotely the same,...And you know that.
Bob Seger Wrote:Their objectives are not even remotely the same,...And you know that.
You are absolutely right about the Koch brothers, Bob. They are fine people and should be viewed universally as great American success stories.

The Kochs owned a mining company years ago that operated in Floyd County. Their company representatives were a pleasure to deal with. Their companies are well managed and they treat their employees very well. The Kochs employ 100,000 people, 60,000 of whom work in the U.S.

My primary contact with Koch when I worked in the coal industry suffered from cystic fibrosis and was awaiting on a lung transplant. I recall discussing his situation and the benefits that Koch offered its employees, and the dishonest smears against the Kochs made by liberals in this country is shameful.

George Soros is a slime ball who is a free man only because of his wealth. Soros manipulates markets and currencies with total disregard of the consequences to working people.

Equating Soros to the Koch brothers simply because they actively support a political agenda is naive, IMO. The Koch brothers have always pursued policies that benefit their companies and employees, but they have never sought to wreck a country's economy for personal gain. Soros is as close to an evil genius as there is in this world.
⬆⬆ "Soros is a slime ball."

The dealings of Soros within financial markets are controversial, without question. The then President of Malaysia called him a "dirty Jew" for his financial wrangling that punished that part of the world for giving Myanmar favored trading status.

However, Soros' philanthropy often focuses on marginalized and persecuted groups. "Soros is a slime ball" is seeking to roll up a complex man in a simplistic right wing blanket.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆⬆ "Soros is a slime ball."

The dealings of Soros within financial markets are controversial, without question. The then President of Malaysia called him a "dirty Jew" for his financial wrangling that punished that part of the world for giving Myanmar favored trading status.

However, Soros' philanthropy often focuses on marginalized and persecuted groups. "Soros is a slime ball" is seeking to roll up a complex man in a simplistic right wing blanket.
There is nothing complex about what Soros does. He creates chaos and misery for personal gain. A man cannot atone for destablizing currencies and inflicting pain on entire populations by doing some charity work on the side. Besides, much of Soros's charity work involves working for drug legalization without personal responsibility and making it easier to slaughter the unborn. Soros preys on society's defenseless, while accusing his critics of doing what he is guilty of doing.

There is no moral equivalence between the Koch brothers and George Soros. It really is a black hat versus white hat choice.
There is no real difference between Soros and the Koch brothers- both are slimeballs. The Kochs are Libertarians- of the Gary Johnson variety. If you are pro-abortion, gay rights etc. you will love the Kochs. Soros is a worthless liberal of the lowest degree. Both are enemies of the common people.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is nothing complex about what Soros does. He creates chaos and misery for personal gain. A man cannot atone for destablizing currencies and inflicting pain on entire populations by doing some charity work on the side. Besides, much of Soros's charity work involves working for drug legalization without personal responsibility and making it easier to slaughter the unborn. Soros preys on society's defenseless, while accusing his critics of doing what he is guilty of doing.

There is no moral equivalence between the Koch brothers and George Soros. It really is a black hat versus white hat choice.

I think you just described how you see the world more than you made a persuasive point.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think you just described how you see the world more than you made a persuasive point.

Hey Travolta, did you ever stop to realize how a heart full of evilness is revealed with almost every post you make? I don't believe I would be doing much commenting on the personna that other folks may project, if I were you. Do you honestly think that you project persuasive points?

You're a real real-righteous slime ball type of guy yourself? But then again, apparently, it's a prerequisite for when you have to supply proof of possessing disgusting moral credentials, to be in good standing when you apply to get your liberal license.
Well, the way I see it, you have two viable options for which to vote. I don't believe there is a feasible third candidate that has a chance to win. The votes that go to those third party candidates, in reality, go straight to Clinton.

I hate that it's like this, but it is.

When you compare the two candidates, there is no option for me. My vote will go to Trump.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey Travolta, did you ever stop to realize how a heart full of evilness is revealed with almost every post you make? I don't believe I would be doing much commenting on the personna that other folks may project, if I were you. Do you honestly think that you project persuasive points?

You're a real real-righteous slime ball type of guy yourself? But then again, apparently, it's a prerequisite for when you have to supply proof of possessing disgusting moral credentials, to be in good standing when you apply to get your liberal license.

I think you haven't a clue who I am or how I live my life. I suggested that Soros, like many people, is complex. Some folk see the world and people and issues as one thing or the other, no shades of grey, and that's cool, but I don't. As for the rest of your post, you can wear that.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think you haven't a clue who I am or how I live my life. I suggested that Soros, like many people, is complex. Some folk see the world and people and issues as one thing or the other, no shades of grey, and that's cool, but I don't. As for the rest of your post, you can wear that.

LOL well, they 'suggested' the theory of evolution is complex too, but it's still a lie. But I'm glad you put that out there again, because I love to expose the tactics of the other side. Dazzle them with bull they say. Just listen to the talking heads defend liberal policy on TV, brackets and bull galore to support a lie. And the only reason that zoo of a voting base keeps them in power is because their votes are for sale to the highest promiser. I give you Barack Obama and his next-in-line, Hillary Clinton.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, the way I see it, you have two viable options for which to vote. I don't believe there is a feasible third candidate that has a chance to win. The votes that go to those third party candidates, in reality, go straight to Clinton.

I hate that it's like this, but it is.

When you compare the two candidates, there is no option for me. My vote will go to Trump.

At least we aren't saddled with Hillary on nothing. If Trump comes through with as little as 10% of what he proposes, (obviously it would be much higher) but even at 10% the choice is like daylight and dark. More grim faced drudgery and stupidity or some actual progress and restoration. Total no brainer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL well, they 'suggested' the theory of evolution is complex too, but it's still a lie. But I'm glad you put that out there again, because I love to expose the tactics of the other side. Dazzle them with bull they say. Just listen to the talking heads defend liberal policy on TV, brackets and bull galore to support a lie. And the only reason that zoo of a voting base keeps them in power is because their votes are for sale to the highest promiser. I give you Barack Obama and his next-in-line, Hillary Clinton.

I was not seeking to defend any policy. I was suggesting that Soros, like the Koch brothers, give big dollars to policy makers who mirror their worldview. And, frankly, the more you read after them, the less I buy the notion that the brothers Koch are great bastions of godly virtue, while Soros is just a rung above Satan.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think you haven't a clue who I am or how I live my life. I suggested that Soros, like many people, is complex. Some folk see the world and people and issues as one thing or the other, no shades of grey, and that's cool, but I don't. As for the rest of your post, you can wear that.

Oh, but you can judge Hoot by his posts, but I cant yours?

Typical of the intolerant "tolerant"..Your species all wear the same hat.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I was not seeking to defend any policy. I was suggesting that Soros, like the Koch brothers, give big dollars to policy makers who mirror their worldview. And, frankly, the more you read after them, the less I buy the notion that the brothers Koch are great bastions of godly virtue, while Soros is just a rung above Satan.

More like "IS"...
Bob Seger Wrote:Oh, but you can judge Hoot by his posts, but I cant yours?

Typical of the intolerant "tolerant"..Your species all wear the same hat.

I don't think commenting that a post seems to reflect a certain worldview is exactly judging someone. "Soros is not complex; he's a slimeball." I disagree with that analysis. It reflects "either-or" thinking, which I believe I said was "cool," but I don't see it that way.
⬆⬆ As to "tolerant-intolerant," I simply don't see how that applies. I didn't say the "either-or" mindset folks have to ride in the back, or get food out back, I said, "I disagree."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I don't think commenting that a post seems to reflect a certain worldview is exactly judging someone. "Soros is not complex; he's a slimeball." I disagree with that analysis. It reflects "either-or" thinking, which I believe I said was "cool," but I don't see it that way.

Which is your prerogative to think accordingly, but it also speaks volumes.
Bob Seger Wrote:Which is your prerogative to think accordingly, but it also speaks volumes.

Let's review, shall we? Your "take" is that George Soros is Satan. My take is that he is a complex person. I will let that speak as to the relative danger of extremist thinking, in volume.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think you just described how you see the world more than you made a persuasive point.
Being "complex" has nothing to do with character. Al Capone had many friends, created many jobs, was intelligent, and undoubtedly enriched the lives of many of those around him, including some of the political leaders in Chicago. You could say that Capone was "complex" but few people would say that he was a model citizen. Why? Because, despite never being convicted of anything more serious than the white collar crime of tax evasion, Capone was widely believed to be a murderous thug. Was he a good guy, or was he simply "complex?"

The only things that the Koch brothers have in common with George Soros is that all of them are wealthy and politically active. History is heavily populated with individuals who were wealthy, politically active, and "complex." George Washington, Ted Turner, Andrew Carnegie, Jordan's King Hussein, Adolf Hitler, and Joseph Stalin all fit that description. Some were great men who left the world better than they found it, some were controversial, and some were simply evil men who left death and destruction in their paths while they pursued political power and personal wealth.

Your insistence that Soros's "complexity" makes him just like the Koch brothers and excuses his evil deeds does not pass the smell test. Great men (and women) do great things. They do not enrich themselves by inflicting pain and despair on others. The Kochs are builders. Soros is a destroyer. Complexity does not factor into the equation.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Being "complex" has nothing to do with character. Al Capone had many friends, created many jobs, was intelligent, and undoubtedly enriched the lives of many of those around him, including some of the political leaders in Chicago. You could say that Capone was "complex" but few people would say that he was a model citizen. Why? Because, despite never being convicted of anything more serious than the white collar crime of tax evasion, Capone was widely believed to be a murderous thug. Was he a good guy, or was he simply "complex?"

The only things that the Koch brothers have in common with George Soros is that all of them are wealthy and politically active. History is heavily populated with individuals who were wealthy, politically active, and "complex." George Washington, Ted Turner, Andrew Carnegie, Jordan's King Hussein, Adolf Hitler, and Joseph Stalin all fit that description. Some were great men who left the world better than they found it, some were controversial, and some were simply evil men who left death and destruction in their paths while they pursued political power and personal wealth.

Your insistence that Soros's "complexity" makes him just like the Koch brothers and excuses his evil deeds does not pass the smell test. Great men (and women) do great things. They do not enrich themselves by inflicting pain and despair on others. The Kochs are builders. Soros is a destroyer. Complexity does not factor into the equation.

I agree with you in much you state here, and, in fact, in an earlier post expressed the dubious nature of Soros' "financial wrangling." However, I cannot concur that the Koch brothers are simply benevolent do gooders any more than I can ignore the philanthropy of Soros. Were both weighed in some sort of morality scale, I am not prepared to state what the metre might register. You are prepared to state. In this, we disagree.