Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Letcher County Central
Coach Maggard has resigned.
Dude from Breathitt should take this job! His shot was last year and Hazard was just too good.
is this for sure i hadnt seen anything on news or newspapers
Came from a very good and trustworthy source.
Hard to get people that aren’t from Letcher to come to Letcher County. Not much there and a long drive to play most of your games.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Hard to get people that aren’t from Letcher to come to Letcher County. Not much there and a long drive to play most of your games.
Never been a problem before.
??? LCC has never got and been able to keep a coach for a long period of time. Dean, Hammonds, and Holcomb all came and left in a short time frame coaching wise.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:??? LCC has never got and been able to keep a coach for a long period of time. Dean, Hammonds, and Holcomb all came and left in a short time frame coaching wise.
You said hard to get them...Not keeping them.

????

Dean 11 years.
Hammonds 8 years
I kind of thought getting and keeping go hand in hand. No school wants to be switching coaching every few years. Hammonds stayed because he got a good job in return. Which couldn’t keep him in the end anyways. Dean had family that kept him around until he couldn’t stand it anymore.
Since LCC consolidated and Estill joined the 14th:
Hazard and PCC have had the same coach. LCC (3rd in '20), Powell (2), Cordia (2), Estill (5th in '20), KCC (5)
The timing makes it hard to go out and find someone. Any young coaches available?
Chris "DUMP" Slone will be the new coach at LCC.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Chris "DUMP" Slone will be the new coach at LCC.

[Image:

]

#area51hasbeenfound More mash taters please!!!
Reds#1Fan Wrote:I kind of thought getting and keeping go hand in hand. No school wants to be switching coaching every few years. Hammonds stayed because he got a good job in return. Which couldn’t keep him in the end anyways. Dean had family that kept him around until he couldn’t stand it anymore.
You keep adding to it. Head coaches aren't politicians..they aren't staying for a lifetime.
2006-2019 (14 baseball seasons)
Avg tenure:. Other than PCC & Hazard
LCC 7 years
Powell Co 7
Leslie County 7
Cordia 7
Estill Co. 3.5
KCC 3.5
Wolfe Co. 3.5
Lee Co. 3.5
Buckhorn 3.5
Jackson 2.33
Breathitt Co. 2
Owsley Co. 2
Do you think there’s a reason Hazard and PCC win the region almost every year.
i never seen anything on this officially
Bring back Dean.
mandan Wrote:Bring back Dean.
We could only wish for it.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Do you think there’s a reason Hazard and PCC win the region almost every year.
Since 2006, Hazard has won 5 titles. LCC has won 3. PCC has won 1.
Since 2006,
53rd has 4 titles
54th has 6 titles
55th has 0
56th has 4 titles
UKisN1 Wrote:Since 2006,
53rd has 4 titles
54th has 6 titles
55th has 0
56th has 4 titles

Seems pretty balanced to me aside from the 55th.

Estill is going to have a very good run for the next 2 or 3 years.

They return virtually everyone this coming season, Have to be the favorite ON PAPER this year. And they host the Regional Tournament. It's always a long drive for them to go play in the region tournament, but they host this year for the first time since 2011.

The following year, they will only lose 1 starter. All of this youth they have had the past couple of season has now been turned into veterans who have 2-3 years of starting experience. They have a kid who is their Ace and shortstop, do it all type of kid who will be in the running for the POY in the region if politics don't get involved.

All that being said, they have to play the games.
hchs fan Wrote:i never seen anything on this officially

https://www.letcher.kyschools.us/docs/di...?id=542360
Any updates?
Dump is coming.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Dump is coming.

[Image:

]

#letchymakingthedistrictwideopenforthepats More mash taters please!!!
Officially?
Interviews start Tuesday, Sept 4
Who are some candidates?
New coach is Koby Wright. Played LCC, coached in Letcher Co middle school program.