Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 2022
^^ I’m now a 2 time state champ fan. Lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Rebel55
(03-24-2022, 10:45 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Hearing rumors of a possible transfer or two coming in.

they better hope , they are running out of smith's kids!
(03-25-2022, 04:25 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 10:45 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Hearing rumors of a possible transfer or two coming in.

I’m a Chuck Smith fan but I don’t think Smith and his OC could have won state championships the last two years the way Haddix has.
(03-25-2022, 09:03 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 10:45 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Hearing rumors of a possible transfer or two coming in.

I’m a Chuck Smith fan but I don’t think Smith and his OC could have won state championships the last two years the way Haddix has.

I won’t pretend to know that much about the inner workings at Boyle Jack, so does Gillis even come to Boyle Co if Haddix hadn’t been hired?  Seems like it was up for debate on here before, he’s been one of if not the biggest contributor the last 2 years.  I don’t think there can be much of an argument that he shut down JC’s fullback in the title game.
Gillis had already made the decision to come to Boyle before Smith announced his retirement.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Rebel55, TD Hounds
Gillis should be a 1st team ALL STATE QB. The kid can is a straight up winner.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bulldogs4Ever's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
(03-26-2022, 09:55 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 10:45 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Hearing rumors of a possible transfer or two coming in.

I won’t pretend to know that much about the inner workings at Boyle Jack, so does Gillis even come to Boyle Co if Haddix hadn’t been hired?  Seems like it was up for debate on here before, he’s been one of if not the biggest contributor the last 2 years.  I don’t think there can be much of an argument that he shut down JC’s fullback in the title game.

Do you think when they run out of "smith's kids" that the program will just stop in it's tracks?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HurryUp1001's post:
  • Jack Lambert
One of my favorite quotes. "Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners".
[-] The following 8 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers, Bull got out!, FCSPY, FootballFan1999, Jack Lambert, nemo, TD Hounds, toolaidback
LOL, mostly I like to get you guys fired up! We all know you guys are the top dog. But keep up the pace, cause we are right behind you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
(03-30-2022, 11:07 AM)FCSPY Wrote: LOL, mostly I like to get you guys fired up! We all know you guys are the top dog. But keep up the pace, cause we are right behind you.

gotta beat those hounds first .. hurts me to say that  Sick Sick Sick Sick

(03-08-2022, 04:03 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 12:11 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 09:08 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 08:53 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: 8-2

Who beats them in the regular season?  Who is the two, in your opinion?

douglass and either station or bowling green
I am curious as to what makes you believe that as Boyle beat both Frederick Douglass and Bowling Green pretty handily last year. Freddie D by 3 scores and 30-0 to Bowling Green.

wont get lucky against douglass again n a couple of my 'friends' from corbin said bowling green was young last year thats why you scheduled them this cycle and not the last
(03-30-2022, 01:50 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 11:07 AM)FCSPY Wrote: LOL, mostly I like to get you guys fired up! We all know you guys are the top dog. But keep up the pace, cause we are right behind you.

gotta beat those hounds first .. hurts me to say that  Sick Sick Sick Sick

I am curious as to what makes you believe that as Boyle beat both Frederick Douglass and Bowling Green pretty handily last year. Freddie D by 3 scores and 30-0 to Bowling Green.

wont get lucky against douglass again n a couple of my 'friends' from corbin said bowling green was young last year thats why you scheduled them this cycle and not the last

I'm going to say Franklin wins the matchup this time around. But if Corbin wins then watch out for the rest of the year. I don't think Haddix was padding the schedule if that's what you were referring to by scheduling Bowling Green while they were young. If you remember, He scheduled them at Corbin and a lightning delay caused a game cancellation. Then when Haddix left to Boyle, he then scheduled them again and I think he knows every couple of years they have a state championship program and that will only help Boyle County.
As far as beating the hounds, that game is week 3. That will not be what decides our fate at the years end...... But we will give it a shot, tough to beat the greatest team ever assembled in 4a. Those within our program know where we was at that time last year... this bunch this year will make their own way.
(03-26-2022, 09:55 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

gotta beat those hounds first .. hurts me to say that  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Boyle’s 34-7 win over Douglas was far from luck they took Douglas out behind the woodshed and it could have been worse but Haddix was content to just run the ball and kill the clock in the second half if he had opened it up like he did in the first half I’m convinced Boyle could have hung 50+ on Douglas!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • FCSPY
(02-09-2022, 12:24 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 11:06 AM)bobkitty Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 08:16 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: All the guy does is win.  Best coach in KY in my opinion.
Nice to see an EKY guy succeed at the level he does.
If i was to hire a coach from the state of kentucky at any point in history to coach my program, I would hire the following.
1. Jim Matney 
2. Ty Scroggins
3. Haywood
4. Dale Mueller
5. Haddix 
6. Chuck Smith 
He has put himself in competition with these guys and that is unbelievable for his youth. One thing I love is that he does what’s required to help get his kids at the next level, can’t say that about most coaches in the state.
If wasn't for the big 3 Trinity, StX, Male. Which none of this other coaches/schools could beat them either Jim McKee/Scott County would have at least 5 State Titles, but yes those are/where some great Coaches.
(03-30-2022, 04:46 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 08:16 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: All the guy does is win.  Best coach in KY in my opinion.
If i was to hire a coach from the state of kentucky at any point in history to coach my program, I would hire the following.
1. Jim Matney 
2. Ty Scroggins
3. Haywood
4. Dale Mueller
5. Haddix 
6. Chuck Smith 
He has put himself in competition with these guys and that is unbelievable for his youth. One thing I love is that he does what’s required to help get his kids at the next level, can’t say that about most coaches in the state.
If wasn't for the big 3 Trinity, StX, Male. Which none of this other coaches/schools could beat them either Jim McKee/Scott County would have at least 5 State Titles, but yes those are/where some great Coaches.
Sorry Gridiron, I misread your post. you said the Coaches you would hire, thought you meant the top Coaches.

gotta beat those hounds first .. hurts me to say that  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

They may have a tougher game against both those teams in 22 but there was nothing "lucky" about the Freddy D game. Douglas thought they would have an easy time with it and their only score that was even close was against Bryan Station. Probably had them a little over confident. They won't be surprised again so it should be a closer game but luck had nothing to do with it. Bowling Green used a freshman qb against Boyle who struggled. Their offense will be better next year. But Boyle beat both team handily. I expect better games next year and Boyle may indeed lose to one or both but I don't think I would county those as losses just yet.
(03-30-2022, 04:46 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
1. Jim Matney 
2. Ty Scroggins
3. Haywood
4. Dale Mueller
5. Haddix 
6. Chuck Smith 

Guys Scroggins, Smith, Matney, Haywood, they built their programs from Humble Beginnings... not the same thing.. as Mueller, and Haddix. But being in that mix, makes you elite.
(03-31-2022, 01:37 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 04:46 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
1. Jim Matney 
2. Ty Scroggins
3. Haywood
4. Dale Mueller
5. Haddix 
6. Chuck Smith 

Guys Scroggins, Smith, Matney, Haywood, they built their programs from Humble Beginnings... not the same thing.. as Mueller, and Haddix. But being in that mix, makes you elite.
You’re correct they built their programs from the ground up and that gives an edge, but Haddix built corbin from almost nothing to back to back state title appearances and a long standing era of dominance and then goes to a totally different program and has immediate success. No matter if you take over alabama, coming in and immediately showing high level success is tough with the changes in scheme and trust. Then mueller just showed untouchable dominance for 20 years. 11 state titles in 20 years and not being st. x or trinity puts you above people until someone knocks you off. Truthfully could have chuck smith at 4 and mueller at 6 but with haddix being young and this accomplished, he’s moving up my list for sure.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
Cole Lanter had a TD catch in UK’S scrimmage today.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Patriot1, Rebel55
What a back flip
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I would take Brandon Smith over Haddix any day! Haddix is a great coach, but I think Brandon is better. Eddie Evinston from Covington Catholic is another great young coach. But if I was starting a team I'm calling Brandon Smith first!
(04-14-2022, 04:43 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I would take Brandon Smith over Haddix any day! Haddix is a great coach, but I think Brandon is better. Eddie Evinston from Covington Catholic is another great young coach. But if I was starting a team I'm calling Brandon Smith first!
Brandon was called and decided to stay where he was. Can't take who didn't want to come and truthfully I don't blame him.  He has something special at South Warren.   

As for Haddix, It's hard to say anyone could have done a better job at Boyle County.   Haddix is batting a thousand and 2 for 2 on State Championships. I like our coach and where Boyle County is at today. IMO We have the right coach to coach the now 10X State Champion Rebels!
[-] The following 5 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, toolaidback

[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!
The Rebels are going to have a new look offense and the same results next season.
Haddix Rebels is for real this year. My eye test don’t lie.
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Rebel55
(02-08-2022, 07:42 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: What’s haddix total record as a HC, it has to be pretty efficient with the unbelievable boyle era and the corbin 12-13 win seasons.
Perry County Central: 
2010: 7-4
2011: 9-3 
2012: 4-7 
2013: 6-6 

Corbin
2014: 11-2
2015: 9-5 
2016: 12-2 
2017: 13-2 
2018: 13-2 
2019: 6-5 

Boyle County
2020: 11-0
2021: 14-1 

Overall: 115-39
Yeah, that's not too shabby !
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
At the end of the regular season, it was obvious that Boyle was going to win the State Championship. Aside from St X, I don't there was a team playing any better in the State of KY.

As far as the Douglass game, Boyle just dominated; that was when you knew Boyle had the "it factor" to bring home another state championship.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iggyfan's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Boyle was playing at another level late in the season for sure.