Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
14th region transfers
(05-14-2024, 11:01 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Knott County Sports Plex basketball is just like summer ball. A big bunch of nothing.
I think the takeaway from BBW is Flinchum has apparently gone from Wolfe to Montgomery. Big loss for Wolfe and 14th region. Kid is as good of an outside shooter as I’ve seen in maybe ever. Wishing him luck and who knows? He stayed one day at Powell last year I think.
I’m told the Kilburn kid is in WV somewhere, I pretty sure Flinchem and Kilburn are brothers
(05-15-2024, 01:45 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I’m told the Kilburn kid is in WV somewhere, I pretty sure Flinchem and Kilburn are brothers
Step bros I guess
I've not heard he's in WV jet keeps saying he is staying at leslie but who knows. Flinchum lives with his dad an I don't see them going to WV if he lived with his step family we would have got him at hazard but there's issues there from what I've been told an that's part of why pcc or hazard was never in the cards for him. I wish him well but I sure hate to see him go I've loved watching the kid play he's a great player an seems like a good kid from what I've seen I'll keep up with his career through his dad's facebook wishing him all the success in the world wherever he lands
Kilburn going no where
(05-14-2024, 10:36 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I just left the knott sports plex and I learned 3 things tonight 1. Flinchum was not playing with the wolves an the team looked lost and extremely weak when I left they were barely beating leslie which doesn't bode well for next year. 2 I over head a woman talking at the game say that flinchum is no longer at wolfe co an isn't going to school there an since she was a parent it's for sure he is gone fairly certain with other stuff I've heard it's Montgomery wolfe really screwed up they will be lucky to win 5 games and 3. future NBA all star noah kilburn was not playing with leslie county tonight I was hoping to see him put on the show jet says he can but he wasn't there! Main reason I went was cause I wanted to see flinchum put it all over kilburn so we could hush jet up guess we will never see that match up but I can still watch the bulldogs an bobcats an plenty of others show him how it's done
I thought Flinchums dad was coaching Wolfe County at the sports plex?
(05-16-2024, 01:21 AM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 10:36 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I just left the knott sports plex and I learned 3 things tonight 1. Flinchum was not playing with the wolves an the team looked lost and extremely weak when I left they were barely beating leslie which doesn't bode well for next year. 2 I over head a woman talking at the game say that flinchum is no longer at wolfe co an isn't going to school there an since she was a parent it's for sure he is gone fairly certain with other stuff I've heard it's Montgomery wolfe really screwed up they will be lucky to win 5 games and 3. future NBA all star noah kilburn was not playing with leslie county tonight I was hoping to see him put on the show jet says he can but he wasn't there! Main reason I went was cause I wanted to see flinchum put it all over kilburn so we could hush jet up guess we will never see that match up but I can still watch the bulldogs an bobcats an plenty of others show him how it's done
He wasn't Tuesday the jv coach was coaching them an I over heard some woman say flinchum had already left wolfe
(05-16-2024, 09:11 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
He wasn't Tuesday the jv coach was coaching them an I over heard some woman say flinchum had already left wolfe
Noah is busy with football camps and getting ready to be recruited, basketball is secondary but he is still gonna play and he will put on a show this season.
(05-16-2024, 12:13 PM)Jet fighter Wrote:
(05-16-2024, 09:11 AM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
Noah is busy with football camps and getting ready to be recruited, basketball is secondary but he is still gonna play and he will put on a show this season.
Oh I'm sure he will Jet! Look forward to the season but I'm just going to give some words of wisdom stop all the noah basketball hype until the kid shows what he can do cause you are going to make him an yourself look like a fool I mean you already have an I think I speak for all of rivals when I say we are all tired of reading the hype about a kid who has never played highschool basketball go to the football threads something he has proven he can play
Just got word today Flinchum is enrolled at Montgomery county heard it from a very reliable source! Not sure what happened at wolfe my grandson told me it was because of bullies an WC staff not doing anything about it whatever the reason they just flushed their season down the toilet creech is good but can't do it alone an the boys around him aren't consistent enough to win big games I know his dad is the principal but I'd be looking to get my kid on a team that can compete an win and thats not gonna happen at Wolfe.
This post has cracked me up .. I’ve laughed at these comments being made , and I know for a fact some are not true. The comment about just leaving the KC Sportsplex, overhead a woman say ….. now that’s some investigating. You should work for the FBI….

Two most talked about transfers , Sperry and Flinchum. I’d rather have Sperry on my team ( even with the temper).. He’s an an athlete, and most importantly he makes his teammates better. Watching him in the region tournament, he probably should have taken more shots by driving to the rim , but he was kicking it out to the open man for a better shot. Flinchum is not that athletic , he pounds the air out of the ball and moves about 3 feet , looks to get shots for himself and as long as he gets his points and his dad has enough footage to piece together a highlight video for Facebook, he doesn’t worry about TEAM or Wins..

But these are kids , and without the adults in their lives making them move to schools , they would stay and play for a team..
(05-26-2024, 05:17 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: This post has cracked me up .. I’ve laughed at these comments being made , and I know for a fact some are not true. The comment about just leaving the KC Sportsplex, overhead a woman say ….. now that’s some investigating. You should work for the FBI….

Two most talked about transfers , Sperry and Flinchum. I’d rather have Sperry on my team ( even with the temper).. He’s an an athlete, and most importantly he makes his teammates better. Watching him in the region tournament, he probably should have taken more shots  by driving to the rim , but he was kicking it out to the open man for a better shot. Flinchum is not that athletic , he pounds the air out of the ball and moves about 3 feet ,  looks to get shots for himself  and as long as he gets his points and his dad has enough footage to piece together a highlight video for Facebook, he doesn’t worry about TEAM or Wins..

But these are kids , and without the adults in their lives making them move to schools , they would stay and play for a team..
I mean if you're standing right behind someone talking about how a kid had already been unenrolled from the school kinda hard not to over hear no detective skills required just good old fashioned noseyness! I'm not going to take anything from sperry cause the kid is talented an is going places however to say flinchum is no good is assanine an shows you're butt hurt over something! Percentages don't lie buddy I could get talking crap if he shot 10 or 15% an shot a lot but he was shooting 49% from 3 highest percentage in the 14th region an top ten in the state an as far as not giving up the ball who was he to give it up to on the WC team that shot as well as him only person on that team whose percentages were good was creech go check if you don't believe me  an caring about a win you must not watch much ball cause I saw close games turn to blow outs when a couple of the teammates got jealous an chose to airball 3s instead or driving an throwing up garbage flopping hoping the ref would blow a whistle. I do think the kid dribbles a little to much an tries to be to fancy at times an causes turn overs but count the number of turn overs others players on that team had! You can blame his dad for him leaving wolfe but the screen shots my grandson showed me the kid was being bullied pretty bad an staff at wc didn't do a lot to stop it. I've said it once I'll say it again he would be welcomed with open arms at hazard or prolly any other school in the 14th.l
(05-26-2024, 08:11 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 05:17 PM)HappyPappy Wrote: This post has cracked me up .. I’ve laughed at these comments being made , and I know for a fact some are not true. The comment about just leaving the KC Sportsplex, overhead a woman say ….. now that’s some investigating. You should work for the FBI….

Two most talked about transfers , Sperry and Flinchum. I’d rather have Sperry on my team ( even with the temper).. He’s an an athlete, and most importantly he makes his teammates better. Watching him in the region tournament, he probably should have taken more shots  by driving to the rim , but he was kicking it out to the open man for a better shot. Flinchum is not that athletic , he pounds the air out of the ball and moves about 3 feet ,  looks to get shots for himself  and as long as he gets his points and his dad has enough footage to piece together a highlight video for Facebook, he doesn’t worry about TEAM or Wins..

I mean if you're standing right behind someone talking about how a kid had already been unenrolled from the school kinda hard not to over hear no detective skills required just good old fashioned noseyness! I'm not going to take anything from sperry cause the kid is talented an is going places however to say flinchum is no good is assanine an shows you're butt hurt over something! Percentages don't lie buddy I could get talking crap if he shot 10 or 15% an shot a lot but he was shooting 49% from 3 highest percentage in the 14th region an top ten in the state an as far as not giving up the ball who was he to give it up to on the WC team that shot as well as him only person on that team whose percentages were good was creech go check if you don't believe me  an caring about a win you must not watch much ball cause I saw close games turn to blow outs when a couple of the teammates got jealous an chose to airball 3s instead or driving an throwing up garbage flopping hoping the ref would blow a whistle. I do think the kid dribbles a little to much an tries to be to fancy at times an causes turn overs but count the number of turn overs others players on that team had! You can blame his dad for him leaving wolfe but the screen shots my grandson showed me the kid was being bullied pretty bad an staff at wc didn't do a lot to stop it. I've said it once I'll say it again he would be welcomed with open arms at hazard or prolly any other school in the 14th.

Flinchum absolutely was not being.bullied.  he disrespected a young lady pretty bad. I've seen the video. And he was about to have repercussions because of it.  Good ball.player yes.  But very cocky and likes to run his.mouth
(05-27-2024, 12:07 AM)Fieldofdreams1 Wrote:

I mean if you're standing right behind someone talking about how a kid had already been unenrolled from the school kinda hard not to over hear no detective skills required just good old fashioned noseyness! I'm not going to take anything from sperry cause the kid is talented an is going places however to say flinchum is no good is assanine an shows you're butt hurt over something! Percentages don't lie buddy I could get talking crap if he shot 10 or 15% an shot a lot but he was shooting 49% from 3 highest percentage in the 14th region an top ten in the state an as far as not giving up the ball who was he to give it up to on the WC team that shot as well as him only person on that team whose percentages were good was creech go check if you don't believe me  an caring about a win you must not watch much ball cause I saw close games turn to blow outs when a couple of the teammates got jealous an chose to airball 3s instead or driving an throwing up garbage flopping hoping the ref would blow a whistle. I do think the kid dribbles a little to much an tries to be to fancy at times an causes turn overs but count the number of turn overs others players on that team had! You can blame his dad for him leaving wolfe but the screen shots my grandson showed me the kid was being bullied pretty bad an staff at wc didn't do a lot to stop it. I've said it once I'll say it again he would be welcomed with open arms at hazard or prolly any other school in the 14th.

Flinchum absolutely was not being.bullied.  he disrespected a young lady pretty bad. I've seen the video. And he was about to have repercussions because of it.  Good ball.player yes.  But very cocky and likes to run his.mouth
I saw videos as well an I'm not gonna act like I know the whole story cause I don't but I saw a young lady with very dirty mouth saying some very nasty things an teacher letting it all go also read some messages when a possible ex was encouraging her friends an others to say stuff so if it was going on from both sides like it seems why did staff not step in? That all falls back on administration at the school I've only watched the boy play ball my grandson has played against him for years an has always liked him an he always seems to get along with players on the floor. But I'll tell ya I do know his dad a little an if the videos were as bad as you say why did the girls parents not send them to his dad cause unless I'm bad wrong I don't think his dad would stand for that stuff but seems like staff and parents both let the kids try an sort things I even read a message where one kid said his dad encouraged him to say stuff to flinchum because they wanted him off the ball team now kids lie we all know but did a parent want him gone so their boy could air ball more 3s who knows all boils down to it all looking bad on the school an staff!
From what I’ve seen. Flinchum & Sperry are 2 different players. Sperry scores his points from getting to the basket and the charity stripe. Flinchum gets his points from shooting out side or midrange. I would have liked to seen them play together.

According to KHSAA stats this season. Sperry took 451 shots , made 119 free throws out of 156 and scored 667 points. Had 200 rebounds.

Flinchum took 410 shots , made 43 out of 55 free throws. Scored 581 points. 121 rebounds for the year.

If I’m a coach wanting to build a program and I can just choose 1 of these players. I’m taking Sperry every time. He seems to have the better motor he makes things happen and he’s stayed loyal to 1 school which is rare these days.
I guess rydge Beverly is back at hazard be interesting to see how this all plays out Hazard already has a tough 5 bunch of starters an rydge has been here an left before so it will be interesting see if he takes someone's starting spot or if he comes off the bench
Beverly is most definitely not coming off the bench lol He will take anybody’s starting spot that is not named Caudill or Eversole.
(05-28-2024, 05:40 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I guess rydge Beverly is back at hazard be interesting to see how this all plays out Hazard already has a tough 5 bunch of starters an rydge has been here an left before so it will be interesting see if he takes someone's starting spot or if he comes off the bench
I can guarantee you Rydge is not coming off the bench lol. He will most definitely be a backcourt starter and will play more minutes than anyone other than Eversole
I'm interested to see how his arrival will change the team dynamic an see how the season goes if he plays the whole season and if he stays healthy
(05-28-2024, 07:30 PM)Bigbluewarehouse Wrote: I'm interested to see how his arrival will change the team dynamic an see how the season goes if he plays the whole season and if he stays healthy
Thats always been the key---staying healthy
Ridge Beverly is by far the best ball handler in the region. No knock on any kids but Hazard didn’t have a true point guard last year. Ridge will fill that role easily. He’s a seasoned player that’s used to being on the big stage. He’s put in the work and will most definitely be a starter for Hazard. My question is. Who in the 14th region can beat Hazard ?
The only way hazard gets beat by anybody in the 14th is if they beat themselves
Beverly is the true missing piece for Hazard. He can score but doesn't look to. This will also open up Caudill and will make him even better which will be scary on top of Eversole. Combs will surprise a lot this season as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse
(05-29-2024, 02:12 PM)Bluecat Wrote: Beverly is the true missing piece for Hazard. He can score but doesn't look to. This will also open up Caudill and will make him even better which will be scary on top of Eversole. Combs will surprise a lot this season as well.

Yes sir , Hazard is a lock in my book. Will another trip to Rupp retire the legend Al Holland ?
Is Shoptaw returning to Hazard as well, or is he going elsewhere? I know his Dad is back at ARH so I figured he may also return to Hazard with Beverly.
(05-29-2024, 09:32 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Is Shoptaw returning to Hazard as well, or is he going elsewhere? I know his Dad is back at ARH so I figured he may also return to Hazard with Beverly.
The younger Shoptaw is returning, not Sam. Not sure he plays basketball.
The morguson kid left powell for grc wonder if his leaving had to do with the coaching change I'm not sure it will make an impact this year on powell but it will for the future cause the kid has potential to be really good
(05-29-2024, 09:32 PM)P. Fanning Wrote: Is Shoptaw returning to Hazard as well, or is he going elsewhere? I know his Dad is back at ARH so I figured he may also return to Hazard with Beverly.
Was told that Sam was staying in Prep school and not returning.

(05-29-2024, 11:57 AM)Chubby Smith Wrote: Ridge Beverly is by far the best ball handler in the region. No knock on any kids but Hazard didn’t have a true point guard last year. Ridge will fill that role easily. He’s a seasoned player that’s used to being on the big stage. He’s put in the work and will most definitely be a starter for Hazard. My question is. Who in the 14th region can beat Hazard ?
The bigger question is will they play anyone outside of the mountains. Just because you are a big fish in a small pond doesn't make you a wall mounter. If you are are going to have any kind of post season run you gotta play outside your comfort zone and thats not something thats happened of late, please correct me if I'm wrong
(05-27-2024, 12:07 AM)Fieldofdreams1 Wrote:

i don’t know if you have a threat online of a kid known to fight a lot saying they are coming after you that would seem like bullying to me but you must work for Wolfe county. The video I saw seemed like they were both going back and forth. I heard the girl liked him and it was just immature banter. That’s what it seemed like.  

I told yall he was gone awhile back in this thread but it doesn’t matter. 

I am close to a parent that is close with them and i was hearing before the bullying thing that they didn’t see him getting better under a coach who doesn’t care.  I really wonder why that man still coaches. Bc he won’t do anything with his team this summer. I heard he was trying to get flinchum back but they have been lied to already and creech could’ve kept him happy if his ego wasn’t in the way but he’s too busy trying to get his most played player his 1000 turnovers award so they can have a picture together. 

I can’t not see what I’ve seen so it’s hard to be unbiased but if Wolfe cared about basketball they’d get a coach that wants to coach basketball. Not a softball coach that likes to pretend he’s a basketball coach.
I’m assuming Rydge hasn’t been released because he did not play against Harlan yesterday. Quite honestly, there is no way he takes a starting spot from that squad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackHawk's post:
  • Bigbluewarehouse