Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville College vs UK - October 31, Exhibition
Panther Thunder Wrote:Id say UK by 18

I think you may be giving Pikeville a little too much credit. UK and Pikeville will be in the first steps of the seasons so you can just base it off of straight talent instead of coaching. UK will beat them down pretty good. If not 30-35 then 25-30. Does it really matter lol. Go cats!!!

I will be there!!!
I was being a little silly with my last two posts, but in all seriousness Pikeville does not have the manpower to keep the margin under 30...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I was being a little silly with my last two posts, but in all seriousness Pikeville does not have the manpower to keep the margin under 30...

I completely agree. Take the final margin against Georgetown last year and add about 15-20 points and you got your margin. lol
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I completely agree. Take the finall margin against Georgetown last year and add about 15-20 points and you got your margin. lol

What was the margin against Georgetown? I don't remember.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:What was the margin against Georgetown? I don't remember.

I will look it up........

Huuuh I could have swore that they played Georgetown recently. Well anyways they beat Lindsey Wilson (which was one of the NAIA's best teams) by 40 points. 94-54. This does not look good for Pikeville, however their wallet will look good.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I will look it up........

Huuuh I could have swore that they played Georgetown recently. Well anyways they beat Lindsey Wilson (which was one of the NAIA's best teams) by 40 points. 94-54. This does not look good for Pikeville, however their wallet will look good.

Now that I think about it, I believe they played Georgetown 2 seasons ago, then it was Lindsey Wilson last year. I am pretty sure G-Town kept it close for a while until UK pulled away.

Still, 40 points seems about right...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Now that I think about it, I believe they played Georgetown 2 seasons ago, then it was Lindsey Wilson last year. I am pretty sure G-Town kept it close for a while until UK pulled away.

Still, 40 points seems about right...

I was thinking the same thing. G-Town keep it really close but UK pulled away late for maybe a 10-13 point win..something like that. anyway, Pikeville got their butts whipped by Lindsey Wilson last year so if they got beat by UK by 40 I don't want to know what UK will do to Pikeville.
UK beat Georgetown 85 to 63. My prediction for the UK Pikeville game: UK 91 Pikeville 55.
blackcat_student Wrote:Any 14th or 15th Region alum's gonna be on Pikeville's roster for this game?

Brandon Kidd
clipperw Wrote:UK beat Georgetown 85 to 63. My prediction for the UK Pikeville game: UK 91 Pikeville 55.

Thanks Clipper! I didn't realize that it was that much. Anyways where did you find the info on the game? I could not find out what year it was.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I was thinking the same thing. G-Town keep it really close but UK pulled away late for maybe a 10-13 point win..something like that. anyway, Pikeville got their butts whipped by Lindsey Wilson last year so if they got beat by UK by 40 I don't want to know what UK will do to Pikeville.
Pikeville also beat Lindsey Wilson last season, they split with them. At the time, Lindsey Wilson was nationally ranked in their conference. I do think UK will win this one. But from the exposure and financial benefits that goes along with this game, it was a great exhibition game to schedule. If I am not mistaken, a week after the UK game, Pikeville will be at Marshall for another one.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Pikeville also beat Lindsey Wilson last season, they split with them. At the time, Lindsey Wilson was nationally ranked in their conference. I do think UK will win this one. But from the exposure and financial benefits that goes along with this game, it was a great exhibition game to schedule. If I am not mistaken, a week after the UK game, Pikeville will be at Marshal for another one.

After Pikeville's first win in OT, Lindsey Wilson proceed to trash them by 26 (49-75) points the next time they played. But I know that Pikeville is just looking for exposure and profit. I am in full support of Pikeville playing UK just because the benefits that will come from it.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Pikeville also beat Lindsey Wilson last season, they split with them. At the time, Lindsey Wilson was nationally ranked in their conference. I do think UK will win this one. But from the exposure and financial benefits that goes along with this game, it was a great exhibition game to schedule. If I am not mistaken, a week after the UK game, Pikeville will be at Marshal for another one.

Pikeville may have split with Lindsey Wilson, last year, but LW was still the better team. Pikeville will not be able to keep this margin under 30, more likely around 40.

Still, there are numerous benefits to this game for the Bears, which I detailed earlier on this thread in post #5.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Thanks Clipper! I didn't realize that it was that much. Anyways where did you find the info on the game? I could not find out what year it was.

Dont mention it! I googled around a little bit and came across a box score from ukathletics.com I believe.
clipperw Wrote:UK beat Georgetown 85 to 63. My prediction for the UK Pikeville game: UK 91 Pikeville 55.

I am still pretty sure I remember the game being close during the first half, with G-Town actually leading for a while. Then UK began pulling away in the second half for the comfortable win.

Like Scotty said, thanks for the score!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I am still pretty sure I remember the game being close during the first half, with G-Town actually leading for a while. Then UK began pulling away in the second half for the comfortable win.

Like Scotty said, thanks for the score!

Glad I could be of help! I posted an article about Pikeville playing UK and it had said that Pikeville would be playing EKU, Well EKU's schedule came out and I guess that game wont be happening this year. Sorry about the misinformation.
clipperw Wrote:Glad I could be of help! I posted an article about Pikeville playing UK and it had said that Pikeville would be playing EKU, Well EKU's schedule came out and I guess that game wont be happening this year. Sorry about the misinformation.
I am 99% positive that Pikeville will be playing Marshall a week after the UK game.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I am 99% positive that Pikeville will be playing Marshall a week after the UK game.

That is very interesting.. Pikeville must be trying to get as much area publicity as they can. Hopefully we will be able to see a big change in a couple years and PC can say that going out and competing with these types of schools helped.
i think this would be an exciting game to watch, just because its a college from up here in the mountains....when anyone finds out when tickets go on sell for this game let me know
I believe Brad Lowe and Robbie Spears will be representing the 15th, is that correct?
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I believe Brad Lowe and Robbie Spears will be representing the 15th, is that correct?
No, Brad Lowe is no longer with the team.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:That is very interesting.. Pikeville must be trying to get as much area publicity as they can. Hopefully we will be able to see a big change in a couple years and PC can say that going out and competing with these types of schools helped.

Has nothing to do with publicity. Money rules the day.

PC will also be playing Marshall in an exhibition game --- seems the Herd's new coach may have a connection to PC. Confusedhh:
Marshalls new coach is Donnie Jones. Pikevilles point guard who graduated in 1990 if my memory is right. It could have been 89.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Has nothing to do with publicity. Money rules the day.

PC will also be playing Marshall in an exhibition game --- seems the Herd's new coach may have a connection to PC. Confusedhh:

Publicity=interest. Interest=money. It is connected. You can't say that this is not good publicity for the program. I never said it was not about the money. It is but PC will gain some regional publicity from it as well.
I'm glad UK gave this game to a small KY team rather than another states team. I am glad for Pikeville to get the exposure and publicity.

Sure money rules the day but it is also about exposure....the positive exposure will last a lot longer than the payday.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Sure money rules the day but it is also about exposure....the positive exposure will last a lot longer than the payday.

Thank you Fox Sports. My point exactly.

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Publicity=interest. Interest=money. It is connected. You can't say that this is not good publicity for the program. I never said it was not about the money. It is but PC will gain some regional publicity from it as well.

Scotty is right, the publicity is at least as important as the paycheck, probably even more. The positives from getting to play a traditional power like UK, and having the game televised regionally on FSN, are immeasurable.

Also, don't forget the bonus of the players getting the treat of playing in Rupp Arena against future NBA stars. That is something they will remember for the rest of their lives, no matter how much they get hammered by.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Scotty is right, the publicity is at least as important as the paycheck, probably even more. The positives from getting to play a traditional power like UK, and having the game televised regionally on FSN, are immeasurable.

Also, don't forget the bonus of the players getting the treat of playing in Rupp Arena against future NBA stars. That is something they will remember for the rest of their lives, no matter how much they get hammered by.

Man I would love to tell my kids one day that "that Jodie Meeks guy on the TV dunked over me 12 years ago. I couldn't do anything about it!" lol I think that would be pretty cool.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Man I would love to tell my kids one day that "that Jodie Meeks guy on the TV dunked over me 12 years ago. I couldn't do anything about it!" lol I think that would be pretty cool.

If I was a player on Pikeville's team I would think playing UK is the coolest thing ever!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]