•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region team to beat in '08
bigE Wrote:good post i can't really argue with you i agree on all cylinders i just wasn't adding them in because i just think the other two teams' experience will end up showing late in the season...Fyffe Blanton are the only reason JC won what they did last year in the post and i think anybody can agree with that....statistically they were still one of the worst offensive teams in the region last year, especially when you have magoffin with the top 4 hitters in the region by the end of the year, haha, seriously i remember the paper saying that the last week of the season.

Aaron Haney's bat killed Paintsville all year. He was huge for the Eagles last year.
The Guru Wrote:Aaron Haney's bat killed Paintsville all year. He was huge for the Eagles last year.

one guy hitting good doesn't make that big of a difference, jc offense isn't what won them games, they came on a little in the post season but they werent very good consistantly all year at the plate....their pitching is what was responsible for them winning, take them two out of the picture and they would have been out first round of district and maybe even mercy ruled by paintsville....
bigE Wrote:one guy hitting good doesn't make that big of a difference, jc offense isn't what won them games, they came on a little in the post season but they werent very good consistantly all year at the plate....their pitching is what was responsible for them winning, take them two out of the picture and they would have been out first round of district and maybe even mercy ruled by paintsville....
OK man!!! I was just trying to give Haney some well deserved credit!! I didn't mean he did it all by himself.....just that when they would get one or two on base, he would come up and drill a gapper!!
I just thought he should have gotten at least a side note from ya!!! LOL!
The Guru Wrote:OK man!!! I was just trying to give Haney some well deserved credit!! I didn't mean he did it all by himself.....just that when they would get one or two on base, he would come up and drill a gapper!!

haha ok your right haney was a really good player and he definetely showd up in the region as well, definetely one of the best hitters in the regioin, sorry i should have said sooner your right...
The Guru Wrote:OK man!!! I was just trying to give Haney some well deserved credit!! I didn't mean he did it all by himself.....just that when they would get one or two on base, he would come up and drill a gapper!!

Should have been throwing him breaking balls, instead of the ol #1 Smile

Seriously Arron came up clutch every time it was needed.
baseballfan606 Wrote:who do u guys think will be the team or teams to watch out for in next years 08' season in the 15th?? Im gonna have to say Lawrence county
Four of the best teams in the region are Sheldon Clark, Paintsville, Johnson Central and lawrence Co (not in any order) But only two will make region. I think they are seeding in district now.
OMG Wrote:you know i was actually in town for regional championship game and maybe thats why i like shepherd so much but lc didn't have a chance from the beginning no matter how they pitched to haney....i think they had an error that hurt them but regardless, they were playing on Fyffe field, Matt Fyffe was pitching and it was the last game ever on that field...there is no way jc was going to let lc walk out of there with a win..

are you saying the umpires had something to do with it? they lost i just wish people would stop using that excuse about why lc lost last season..
OMG Wrote:you know i was actually in town for regional championship game and maybe thats why i like shepherd so much but lc didn't have a chance from the beginning no matter how they pitched to haney....i think they had an error that hurt them but regardless, they were playing on Fyffe field, Matt Fyffe was pitching and it was the last game ever on that field...there is no way jc was going to let lc walk out of there with a win..
LC was also beaten a few weeks earlier by JC at JC with freshman Nick Vance beating them. So they were very beatable. Also in the district finals at Magoffin, I know that Lawrence beat JC with Cyrus, but the same thing that usually happened to JC when Fyffe or Blanton pitched was the lack of offensive support and a ton of errors. Lawrence only had two earned runs in that game as well. But that is all part of the game and Lawrence well deserved the win, but the fact is they were helped by JC's 2 glaring weaknesses.

I wasn't talking about Haney vs. LC. My comment was a friendly jab at my friend Guru. He made the comment that Haney killed Paintsville every game with his bat. The comment that I made was followed by the smiley face after my first sentence and then followed by the word " seriously " to begin the 2nd sentence. It was basicly something that any 2nd grader could have picked up on. We weren't even talking about LC.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Should have been throwing him breaking balls, instead of the ol #1 Smile

Seriously Arron came up clutch every time it was needed.
Yes, we probably should have thrown the deuce!!! But you are talking about pitch calling that for 2 seasons would throw a high fastball everytime we had a hitter 0-2!
That might be a pitch that nobody could hit if the pitcher could throw 90+!! But heck, this summer my son(whom at that time was throwing low to mid 70's ) was pitching against LC, And K'd the first hitter, got the second hitter to ground out, hit his cousin Jeff, and then had Michaels down 0-2!!! Jake is a control type pitcher that keeps the ball down and around the plate. He gets the signal for high heat and brought it!!! Michaels DRILLED it!!!LOL
I think he got a triple on the gapper!
Anyway...I guess my point is that we evidently think that the fastball is our "out" pitch!
Ummm has anyone thought of Pike Central. They have alot of young talent and only lost 2 seniors last year. They could one to watch for!
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:Ummm has anyone thought of Pike Central. They have alot of young talent and only lost 2 seniors last year. They could one to watch for!

ummm no
OMG Wrote:ummm no
ROFLMAO!!!Smile Smile :thatsfunn
Sorry about the last 2 posts, but I was just testing something out.
i think paintsville will be good again shane grimm will be their go to guy
Anybody thought about Pike Central? They just got a new coach last year and are very improved. They just lost 2 seniors last year and have lots of good young talent.
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:Anybody thought about Pike Central? They just got a new coach last year and are very improved. They just lost 2 seniors last year and have lots of good young talent.
Can't say I have even given them a thought.......Hope I don't have too.
But I say that about everyone...LOL!
If Scotty Little is back and good to go by the season. I would have to say that Ac will suprise many teams. Only losing 1 senior last year to graduation Ac returns 8 of their 9 starters from last year. So I Look for Ac to turn some heads in the 15th reigon this year..And best of luck to their new coach!
Paintsville will have some good talent this year
Lawrence County is the team to beat in the 15th Region this season.

However, Paintsville will be knocking at their heels and could very well be the favorite.

Sheldon Clark and Johnson Central will be competitive because of good coaching.

The Pirates of Belfry may very well have something to say in the region this season as well. They could be the sleeper.

Pikeville will continue to be down, but will still be competitive.

Allen Central returns almost their entire team, but they will be in transition under a new coach. Also, they will depend a lot on the health of Scott Little.

Prestonsburg is another team that returns their core players and may be ready to make a jump as a region contender under new coach, Marc Shepherd.
1. Lawrence Co. Strong top to bottom
2. Allen Central. Little means alot
3. Pikeville. Young and talented
4. Belfry. Better than you think
5. Paintsville. Always has arms
6. Johnson Central. Hard to replace Fyffe
Crack is a very dangerous drug!Rolleyes Rolleyes
The Guru Wrote:Crack is a very dangerous drug!Rolleyes Rolleyes

Smile

Have to agree with you on that one.
After laughing for, honestly, maybe 5 minutes non-stop, I have to agree also.
Thanks, you two, for the cramps and blinding pain in my side now. Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lawrence County will win this region and be in Applebee's in the State Tournament this year
Lawrence County is certainly the favorite, but then again I think they were last year also. I think Paintsville will have alot to say on who represents the 15th this year, they certainly return a load of talent and JC will be a good team by tournament time as well as Pikeville.
I think SC will be pretty good
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guys.....Baseball is Baseball.....I just can't wait till that time comes. You never know what will happen. I don't give a care who is the favorite. Gap shot, bad bounce, that's just the way it goes.
OffTheHook Wrote:Guys.....Baseball is Baseball.....I just can't wait till that time comes. You never know what will happen. I don't give a care who is the favorite. Gap shot, bad bounce, that's just the way it goes.

Very true OTH...anything can happen on any given gameday
i still think it will come down to paintsville and lawrence county in both the district and regional championship...and based on that outcome the winner should definetely go to applebees park for the state tournament...im not sure what the 13th has this season, but those two teams will be really tough to beat...
MCHS_HORNET Wrote:I BELIEVE MAGOFFIN COULD DEF. BE #2 THE TEAM IS YOUNG AND THEY WILL ONLY LOOSE 1-2 PLAYERS THIS YR SO DONT COUNT MAGOFFIN OUT and good luck to every team!

Your only saying this cause your from there. Truthfully they are good but not that good. Definatley not #2.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next