•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Big Men All-Time in the Mountains (14th, 15th, 16th)?
letthebighogroot Wrote:Sir, If you will take the time to look into the matter, in the first four games of their freshman year(s). You will find that young Mr. Walker played 70 minutes, while young Mr. May played 33 minutes............. I guess they brought May off the bench first for his 8 mins. a game. Then, after May had put the game away they brought Walker in for the final 18.5 minutes in hopes that he would someday get to May's level..........................Sorry, the minutes speak for theirselves. I think some ppl need to watch those 4 glorious Todd May/UK games again....

I'm sorry but that is down right funny.Smile Bighogg tells it like it is.
Hey you know the real funny thing is that May did make it on scholarship to UK. Someone wasn't wanted. Were they?

Sorry kybaseball, I'm just kiddin around. Just had to get that one in.Smile

Seriously JR was a heck of a player. He could have played at UK, just like May could have.
Let the hogg root, where did you play? Mr. May played an actual game at UK. Did you? I am just curious. Never make fun of the man that drives a Pinto when you are walking!
new o Wrote:Let the hogg root, where did you play? Mr. May played an actual game at UK. Did you? I am just curious. Never make fun of the man that drives a Pinto when you are walking!

Since we're on the subject of "nows thats funny"..............Smile
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hey you know the real funny thing is that May did make it on scholarship to UK. Someone wasn't wanted. Were they?

Sorry kybaseball, I'm just kiddin around. Just had to get that one in.Smile

Seriously JR was a heck of a player. He could have played at UK, just like May could have.

Were good :Thumbs: Smile
Todd then J.R. case closed. Who is next is the big question.
You guys are debating whether May or VanHoose could have made it at UK. Jones was an ALL-AMERICAN at UK. It's not even close. Your 15th Region bias is showing.
palmer Wrote:You guys are debating whether May or VanHoose could have made it at UK. Jones was an ALL-AMERICAN at UK. It's not even close. Your 15th Region bias is showing.

One could argue not that I am but Jones played in a way differnet era than JR and May.

JR:rockon: then May.
new o Wrote:Let the hogg root, where did you play? Mr. May played an actual game at UK. Did you? I am just curious. Never make fun of the man that drives a Pinto when you are walking!

Please show me anything I posted relating to where I played.......Last time I looked the thread title was " Best big man from the mountains" for starters I'm not a "big man." And for the record, yes Mr. May certainly did play at UK, all four games of his DI career. I was simply pointing out FACTS about MR. May and MR. Walker, regarding the first 4 games of their frosh seasons, In contrast to some posters who had been posting ALL these games that May was entering EARLIER, and getting MORE MINUTES than MR. Walker..... It's called reality..................Look into it.............
Reality.......May>JR.......deal with it. I personally played with and against both. Have you?
new o Wrote:Reality.......May>JR.......deal with it. I personally played with and against both. Have you?

Where have I played with/against you? Just curious.
new o Wrote:Reality.......May>JR.......deal with it. I personally played with and against both. Have you?

Not trying to be a jerk,How did you pull that off?:confused:

I'm dealing with it just fine................I posted nothing but FACTS regarding the time time May was at UK, (All 4 games.) You wish to turn it into a personal issue with me.........based on YOUR opinion. Like I said before, its reality.
Hey guys lets not get into personal attacks. I have been guilty of doing it on this thread and I was wrong for doing it.None of us needs anymore points from the staff over this. :igiveup:

Let's have fun and keep the debate friendly.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Please show me anything I posted relating to where I played.......Last time I looked the thread title was " Best big man from the mountains" for starters I'm not a "big man." And for the record, yes Mr. May certainly did play at UK, all four games of his DI career. I was simply pointing out FACTS about MR. May and MR. Walker, regarding the first 4 games of their frosh seasons, In contrast to some posters who had been posting ALL these games that May was entering EARLIER, and getting MORE MINUTES than MR. Walker..... It's called reality..................Look into it.............
I am sorry, I didnt get a stop watch out while watching the films to see who played more minutes than who. I just know from watching the tapes it seemed that Todd was getting more minutes. If your dad watched them, ask him what he thinks. Back at that time in history, you had to watch things, not just look them up on the internet.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I am sorry, I didnt get a stop watch out while watching the films to see who played more minutes than who. I just know from watching the tapes it seemed that Todd was getting more minutes. If your dad watched them, ask him what he thinks. Back at that time in history, you had to watch things, not just look them up on the internet.

Hey!! Look at you, telling me how old I am. FYI, I watched and remember those 4 dynamic games. Thing is...........Some people that have the old "I seen him in high school and he's the best that ever lived" bias......Lets just say that, well maybe they didn't think anyone actually knew or cared about the facts regarding Mr. May's 4 game UK career. I posted FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!! If you or anyone else can dispute ANYTHING I posted regarding Todd May's UK career, I welcome it. Otherwise, take your medicine and realize that the truth is the truth. He was a great high school player, and a great player at the NAIA level. Do you Sir have any evidence that he was a great or even a decent player at any level above NAIA?????????????????????????????????????? Sometimes the truth just hurts.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:You might not see how it is possible, but watch some old game films, Todd played more minutes and was in the game before Walker was. Look that up on the net if you want

In your OWN words...............
letthebighogroot Wrote:Hey!! Look at you, telling me how old I am. FYI, I watched and remember those 4 dynamic games. Thing is...........Some people that have the old "I seen him in high school and he's the best that ever lived" bias......Lets just say that, well maybe they didn't think anyone actually knew or cared about the facts regarding Mr. May's 4 game UK career. I posted FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!! If you or anyone else can dispute ANYTHING I posted regarding Todd May's UK career, I welcome it. Otherwise, take your medicine and realize that the truth is the truth. He was a great high school player, and a great player at the NAIA level. Do you Sir have any evidence that he was a great or even a decent player at any level above NAIA?????????????????????????????????????? Sometimes the truth just hurts.

You keep seeming to overlook (probably more like you just dont want to admit) to the fact that the San Antonio Spurs seemed to think that he was good enough to use a draft pick on. They obviously didn't care that he played at the NAIA level. I think that is a pretty good piece of evidence. Does that hurt, there big piggy, Sir????????????????????????????????????//Smile
It is pathetic to hear you put down NAIA. Ever heard of Donnis Butcher,Dennis Rodman or Charles Oakley? You are putting NAIA down but Marshall is/was an elite D-1 team? Yes there was a difference in mid-major and major back when JR played. Last time I checked mid major has no titles over the past 60+ years. I played against JR and played with and against May to answer JR's question, I never played with JR.
Thread title was best big man not best low post player. There is a big difference.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You keep seeming to overlook (probably more like you just dont want to admit) to the fact that the San Antonio Spurs seemed to think that he was good enough to use a draft pick on. They obviously didn't care that he played at the NAIA level. I think that is a pretty good piece of evidence. Does that hurt, there big piggy, Sir????????????????????????????????????//Smile

Don't hurt in the least......Its called making a roster.........Look into it. Never once said he didn't get drafted. Got any NBA stats for him? Didn't think so. Pretty obvious that most of you Pike County posters don't like to deal with facts as they pertain to your hero. Seems that most do however like to take shots at other posters that post the FACTS. I have posted that Mr. May, if your talking about the high school level is in fact the best from the mountains. Pardon me if we have different opinions about the levels of college basketball and Mr. May's DI career.
new o Wrote:It is pathetic to hear you put down NAIA. Ever heard of Donnis Butcher,Dennis Rodman or Charles Oakley? You are putting NAIA down but Marshall is/was an elite D-1 team? Yes there was a difference in mid-major and major back when JR played. Last time I checked mid major has no titles over the past 60+ years. I played against JR and played with and against May to answer JR's question, I never played with JR.
Thread title was best big man not best low post player. There is a big difference.

Yeah, I've heard of them......I've also heard of M.L. Carr, Nate Archibald, Rick Mahorn, Willis Reed, Scottie Pippen, Terry Porter and others. That doesn't change the fact that player for player DI is very much superior to NAIA.

Anyways, I'm tired of this thread. The only thing you ppl do when confronted with facts is start taking swipes..... And again for the record....At the High School Level, Todd May is/was in my opinion the best from the mountains.
Why takes swipes at a guy for presenting the numbers for? The Bighog and Have picked different players as being the best HIGH SCHOOL big guy from the mountians but I haven't took a swipe at him nor has he swiped at me. Like I said I was guilty of it frankly I am not very proud of it.

How can anyone compare the college careers of JR and May? JMO no one can JR had the best one hands down.:Thumbs:
You refuse to compare Wah Wah Jones to JR so why not. Numbers give those people that never played something to talk about I guess. Also player for player D-1 major is far superior than mid-major so you are right in that argument. You guys must be republican because you have to try and put May down to help JR look better. The fact is JR was a great low post player and everyone knows this. To be honest either one would be a great player to start a team with. Your opinion is respected but not accepted:Thumbs:
new o Wrote:You refuse to compare Wah Wah Jones to JR so why not. Numbers give those people that never played something to talk about I guess. Also player for player D-1 major is far superior than mid-major so you are right in that argument. You guys must be republican because you have to try and put May down to help JR look better. The fact is JR was a great low post player and everyone knows this. To be honest either one would be a great player to start a team with. Your opinion is respected but not accepted:Thumbs:

I never seen Mr. Jones play.There is a huge differnce in the time between May and JR the difference in Mr. Jones time is HUMONGUS.

I agree Ihave said more than once I would take either one on my team. There is no putting May down to make JR better both collegs careers speak for themselves.
If you think May had a better college career that's your right. I respect that I just don't accept it.:Thumbs:

Let's see a game between the 2 ASAP i'll take JR and give May 10pts in a game to 20.:Thumbs:

That politcal statement was un called for. LOL just joking.Smile
letthebighogroot Wrote:Don't hurt in the least......Its called making a roster.........Look into it. Never once said he didn't get drafted. Got any NBA stats for him? Didn't think so. Pretty obvious that most of you Pike County posters don't like to deal with facts as they pertain to your hero. Seems that most do however like to take shots at other posters that post the FACTS. I have posted that Mr. May, if your talking about the high school level is in fact the best from the mountains. Pardon me if we have different opinions about the levels of college basketball and Mr. May's DI career.
Tried to be civil in this discussion and then you go and call me a Pike County guy. I'll refer to them as fightin words. :redboxer: Smile

OK, there then name me somebody else that got drafted then. You asked for evidence , there's your evidence.

Yeah, I'd say you are getting tired of the discussion. Ya cant stay in there is why.Big Grin You got FACTED there lil' buddy. Gettin hot, ain't it.Smile
kybaseball Wrote:I never seen Mr. Jones play.There is a huge differnce in the time between May and JR the difference in Mr. Jones time is HUMONGUS.

I agree Ihave said more than once I would take either one on my team. There is no putting May down to make JR better both collegs careers speak for themselves.
If you think May had a better college career that's your right. I respect that I just don't accept it.:Thumbs:

Let's see a game between the 2 ASAP i'll take JR and give May 10pts in a game to 20.:Thumbs:

That politcal statement was un called for. LOL just joking.Smile
I'll second that one. I feel violated Smile
Keep the thread civil or it will be closed!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Keep the thread civil or it will be closed!
Dont take it so seriously Blackcat. I think everyone is just playing around and taking friendly jabs. Surely nobody is taking this stuff that seriously.
You honestly would give May 10 points going to 20 against JR? WOW! I thought 3 points was more than 2:confused: That is all I need to know about your ability to think logically. See you on the football threadsSmile
new o Wrote:You honestly would give May 10 points going to 20 against JR? WOW! I thought 3 points was more than 2:confused: That is all I need to know about your ability to think logically. See you on the football threadsSmile

Whar are you talking bout?:confused: :confused:
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next