•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pikeville Coach?
HazzBeen Wrote:This shouldn't be a problem if they are serious about improving Pikeville football. They should make a job for the coach and whatever coaches he wants. When Pikeville athletics are at its best so are the academics.

That is the problem, I do not believe that the admin want to improve things. Assistant coaches have been promised over the last three years and none have been hired. Three job openings were filled this past spring with none being a coach.
In reflecting on everything that's going on, it seems that the people that care the most are the ones that can't do much about it and the ones that have the control to change things for the better, well........!
hillbilly Wrote:That is the problem, I do not believe that the admin want to improve things. Assistant coaches have been promised over the last three years and none have been hired. Three job openings were filled this past spring with none being a coach.

Do you think any of the asst. coaches will stay and help the new coach, assuming that he would want them?
SportsKing Wrote:Do you think any of the asst. coaches will stay and help the new coach, assuming that he would want them?

Pikeville has some good young assistant coaches that should be involved in their football program.
SportsKing Wrote:Do you think any of the asst. coaches will stay and help the new coach, assuming that he would want them?

NO
hillbilly Wrote:NO

Is there anyone in the school that would help?
SportsKing Wrote:Is there anyone in the school that would help?

Nope, from what i have heard thier will be none of the same coaches there only new ones and this will make the three new coaches for some of these young kids.

New Year. New Coach. New Hope.
Pikeville needs someone who knows the program and can get along with the community and people in the system. For the past 4 years it seems the program has taken a turn for the worse. Was it not so long ago that the panthers won 3 regional finals in 6 years and reached the finals 5 of those 6 yrs.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I agree. As Im sure you remember in 1987 we won the state academic meet as well as the state football title.

A great year for Pikeville...:Thumbs:
i know, right? Wrote:Nope, from what i have heard thier will be none of the same coaches there only new ones and this will make the three new coaches for some of these young kids.

New Year. New Coach. New Hope.

???? So they are not keeping any of the assistants. I mean I know people like Morgan Cyrus would leave, but I figured for the most part most of the others would try to stay on. So is this their decision or did the school administrators fire them as well?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:???? So they are not keeping any of the assistants. I mean I know people like Morgan Cyrus would leave, but I figured for the most part most of the others would try to stay on. So is this their decision or did the school administrators fire them as well?

Who does Pikeville have in their present system that could be an assistant or even head coach?
allseasonfan Wrote:Who does Pikeville have in their present system that could be an assistant or even head coach?

O, don't get me wrong i don't think they have anybody that could, I was just curious to the situation.
Basically most people know the problems, but no one wants to come up and try to fix it.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:It is now well known that Pikeville will be searching for a new football coach...

Whether you agree with the decision or not the purpose of this thread is to discuss who Pikeville should go after as their next head coach...

One name that comes to my thoughts is Ben Howard...

Your thoughts???

If the current administration would put their egos aside, they could become town heros with the right hire. If not, they'll always be known as the ones that destroyed Pikeville Football. There's one man other than Hillard that can revive this program and make the Panther faithful forget the last 4 years. I said it before the last hire and I'll say it again, go to Breathitt County and beg John Chapman to come back. I think he still bleeds a little maroon.
stripminer Wrote:If the current administration would put their egos aside, they could become town heros with the right hire. If not, they'll always be known as the ones that destroyed Pikeville Football. There's one man other than Hillard that can revive this program and make the Panther faithful forget the last 4 years. I said it before the last hire and I'll say it again, go to Breathitt County and beg John Chapman to come back. I think he still bleeds a little maroon.

I have said it all along. The last time this football program got down (my junior year), they brought in Jon Paul and in two years he had it back to State Championship caliber. Pretty dag on easy decision really for the administration......if they are serious about getting Pikeville football back to where it was.
HazzBeen Wrote:I have said it all along. The last time this football program got down (my junior year), they brought in Jon Paul and in two years he had it back to State Championship caliber. Pretty dag on easy decision really for the administration......if they are serious about getting Pikeville football back to where it was.

Ben Howard would also be a great hire. What about Ben and John Paul on the same sideline. WOW!!!! Math job open for Ben , Tech job open for John. Wake up administration, the best two hires you could possibly make.
stripminer Wrote:Ben Howard would also be a great hire. What about Ben and John Paul on the same sideline. WOW!!!! Math job open for Ben , Tech job open for John. Wake up administration, the best two hires you could possibly make.

AMEN AMEN AMEN
This job is not posted yet, is this even true?
i dont think football is the only sport in trouble in the next few years. the group coming up in the next few years will not be exceptional. everyone talks about hillard. i doubt if many kids in the system know who he is. unless their parents know him. the pikeville tradition with the kids is gone. just a few parents trying to hang on. wont be long till it is nonexistant in the school. tradition has to be kept up most kids in the school couldn't tell you anyone that played a few years ago. sad but true. accept it
From my understanding there will be no Math positions open at Pikeville, but one could be created.
Pikeville has 2 coaches in the system at the High School that were a part of the 1999-2004 staff I would say the panther family would love to go back to those winning ways with mac at the head.
Chapman is a great offensive mind but his baggage along with others will not be tolerated. Pikeville will hire someone who is as clean as the Mr Clean. They dont have a choice. I see alot of pressure on the AD to hire this job correctly because of the last 2 failures in the program. The principal and AD will have to hire the right pikeville man for the job someone who in the community and knows the system. My vote is to bring the big mac back.
betsylaynealum Wrote:This job is not posted yet, is this even true?

I am pretty sure you have to wait 30 days before they can post it.
Woodford Reserve Wrote:Chapman is a great offensive mind but his baggage along with others will not be tolerated. Pikeville will hire someone who is as clean as the Mr Clean. They dont have a choice. I see alot of pressure on the AD to hire this job correctly because of the last 2 failures in the program. The principal and AD will have to hire the right pikeville man for the job someone who in the community and knows the system. My vote is to bring the big mac back.
From what Ive heard Mayo has already said no to Mac as well as Ben Howard.
Woodford Reserve Wrote:Pikeville has 2 coaches in the system at the High School that were a part of the 1999-2004 staff I would say the panther family would love to go back to those winning ways with mac at the head.
Lets just say if they arent going to hire Chapman for his baggage then I seriously doubt one of those coaches getting it considering hes got so much baggage youd have to load it on a trainWink and the other is the baseball coach and he has a hard enough time with that as it is with the Baseball team.
sportsman Wrote:i dont think football is the only sport in trouble in the next few years. the group coming up in the next few years will not be exceptional. everyone talks about hillard. i doubt if many kids in the system know who he is. unless their parents know him. the pikeville tradition with the kids is gone. just a few parents trying to hang on. wont be long till it is nonexistant in the school. tradition has to be kept up most kids in the school couldn't tell you anyone that played a few years ago. sad but true. accept it
Ok so do we just set around and watch something that so many have worked so hard for for so many years just die?
stripminer Wrote:Ben Howard would also be a great hire. What about Ben and John Paul on the same sideline. WOW!!!! Math job open for Ben , Tech job open for John. Wake up administration, the best two hires you could possibly make.

:rockon: :letsparty :ilikeit: That would be the situation made in heaven. If the administration really wanted to leave a positive legacy instead of having people curse their very names in this town from now till eternity this is the move they would make.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote::rockon: :letsparty :ilikeit: That would be the situation made in heaven. If the administration really wanted to leave a positive legacy instead of having people curse their very names in this town from now till eternity this is the move they would make.

The people of Pikeville pay the administration's salaries and if they keep on screwing up like they have been they will be run out of town...same with the school board which is not from Pikeville. The time is here for Pikeville to take over their school system and it WILL happen. Write it down.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:From what Ive heard Mayo has already said no to Mac as well as Ben Howard.

How does the only guy in the last 50 years who has coached Pikeville to a losing record decide who the next coach will be???? UNREAL. He better wake up....Rolleyes
jetpilot Wrote:The people of Pikeville pay the administration's salaries and if they keep on screwing up like they have been they will be run out of town...same with the school board which is not from Pikeville. The time is here for Pikeville to take over their school system and it WILL happen. Write it down.

it sounds like a European government takeover is in the works? Should be an interesting 2009.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next