•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2009
Hilbily Wrote:I think your talking B-Ball Aslan!! This is the football forum. LCC will roll them by a couple TD's.

Aye, they didnt last year. Big Grin
Thank you for pointing that out.:ChairHit:
Lambert #1 Wrote:Hilbily,
the 6'7 was supposed to be 6'5 and I was talking about the Stewart kid. Got carried away typing and put 6'7 but it would be nice to have a 6'7 kid that could play, but Stewart may hit that 6'7 before he's finished growing. Basically what I am saying is that he size and strength is there but it does have to be developed into something special, but at least we have the groundwork in place to do that.

Stewart was listed at 6'6 last season as a freshman...
when do they plan 2 have spring practice
Spring pratice starts on the 23.
THE RUNT Wrote:Spring pratice starts on the 23.

LET'S GET IT ON :Thumbs: :rockon:
Hilbily Wrote:Thank you for pointing that out.:ChairHit:

:flame:
Anyone know the exact schedule?
Yeah is it finalized?
Lambert #1 Wrote:I do not have the list of actual pounds lifted as 58Fan does but I do know the kids personally and have been around them for a while. I will throw out the names of the 9th and 10th graders that are in or knocking on the 1200 & 1400 clubs. Sophomores are Dakota Cornett, Justin Garrett and possibly a few more the two mentioned could be in the 1600 club now or soon. 9th graders are Michael Blair and Ryan Hall, Sidney Fields, Koree Stewart. All of these freshmen are ranging from 6'0 - 6'7 and weighing in at least 210 - 260 and all have exceptional foot work and speed. The sky is the limit guys for these kids. I know that Coach Maggard has youth going against him but with athletes like these to work with I don't think he is complaining one bit. I predict that you are about to see the beginning of a dominant line regardless of the competition for many years to come. Almost forgot to mention the 8th graders that are now or soon will be in Maggard's weight program as linemen. Blake Knight (little brother of Chase Knight) 6'3 and over 250 pounds, Corey Niece 6'4 over 220 pounds, Charley Stanley 6'4 250 pounds with a host of others that are coming up.

How many lifts are going into these lb club calculations? And which lifts are they? If it is the general three of cleans, bench, and squat, I really dont see very many of these guys if any reaching the 1600 lb club.
Add the dead lift and push press to those. I man that went through this program should know that...lol
HazzBeen Wrote:Add the dead lift and push press to those. I man that went through this program should know that...lol

A man that watched me deadlift should know I would rather forget about how little weight I did Big Grin :thatsfunn
I always thought it was bench,sqaut,clean, and dead lift.
Thats the lifts it should be. However, some schools add to make the weight look better. I don't know what LCC does.
All I know is I saw a bunch of kids coming out of the weight room this week. It would be nice to see more, but they could be lifting at different times.
cougarpride08 Wrote:All I know is I saw a bunch of kids coming out of the weight room this week. It would be nice to see more, but they could be lifting at different times.

THEY DO.
Snare43 Wrote:Thats the lifts it should be. However, some schools add to make the weight look better. I don't know what LCC does.

Hazzbeen just said told us the lifts that LCC counts. It's not like they're trying to lie about the weight they do.:zzz:
Hazzbeen how strict is the reps seriously?
They are pretty strict on the lifts but I would say that some of the squats are questionable just because some may not have went parallel. We used to try and get our kids all in the 1500-1600 range with the 5 lifts.
That is good to know. They need to stick with the program and be up there as much as possible lifting.
HazzBeen Wrote:They are pretty strict on the lifts but I would say that some of the squats are questionable just because some may not have went parallel. We used to try and get our kids all in the 1500-1600 range with the 5 lifts.

I think that almost any programs' squat numbers are questionable for this reason.
Questionable or not they need to be up there lifting.
I believe that most of the boys are serious about lifting. This will only make them better, but, as in most cases some are probably slacking when coach is not around. The coaches will figure out who is though because it will be obvious.
lean&mean Wrote:I believe that most of the boys are serious about lifting. This will only make them better, but, as in most cases some are probably slacking when coach is not around. The coaches will figure out who is though because it will be obvious.

That's when the leaders of your team step up and let the slackers know that that's not the way things are going to happen and if they don't like it then get out.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That's when the leaders of your team step up and let the slackers know that that's not the way things are going to happen and if they don't like it then get out.

:rockon:
I heard Hillard was going to retire after next years season is over and go and help his son back at his home field. Is that true?
As of right now, Hilliard isn't. I think we should just enjoy our favorite teams, and when he decides to retire, we will know.
We should seriously concentrate on the now as far as staffing goes. Rumors are rampant and they take away from the real focus. I am kinda over the whole Hillard retire thing!!!!! Lets play some dogone FOOTBALL........
Hilbily Wrote:We should seriously concentrate on the now as far as staffing goes. Rumors are rampant and they take away from the real focus. I am kinda over the whole Hillard retire thing!!!!! Lets play some dogone FOOTBALL........

:rockon: :notworthy :Thumbs:

I am glad someone agrees with me.
Well said Hilbilly, I think you will see Hillard here for at least three more seasons. He loves this Sophomore and Freshmen class that he will have next year. He has a good think going and he likes it. I think Ben leaving will rejuvinate Hillard in the long run.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next