•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2009
MR.PERFECT Wrote:For the last time, I am of no relation.

We all know.
Did whitaker bring any of his coaches with him?
betsylaynealum Wrote:Did whitaker bring any of his coaches with him?
Puckett.
L.C.C. will be as well coached as anybody in the mountains. Hillard Howard and Mike Whitaker on the same staff.
BOBCAT Wrote:Puckett.

What a stalker(lol)
I am really smiling as to how many backs we are going to have. Travis Stevens, Dustin Brown, Greg Collins, Drew Bentley, and Jesse Ross. Let us also remember that Logan is mobile too, and can run the ball. I think we may have too many backs. Some of them might have to go to WR.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Skilled players out the ying yang!!!!!!!!!!!!As good as they are they can do nothing without a good line. No one hardly ever mentions the linemen by name, and without them skilled players do nothing. Tell us who appears to be the men in the trenches that bust their butts every play...........
Well then I guess I can smile even more, cause I think we are going to have a really good line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

But can you give me names of linemen as you can skilled players
Ryan Hall, Dakota Cornet, and Justin Garrett. As far as the other two, the kid who played center in the JV games will replace Joey Kincer. The other lineman will be given upon competition.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Cant name them though can ya.........................No one respects lineman unless it is a coach......I do not believe the kid who played center last year for JV will play there this year. I do not believe he will even play...............Lets see Brock, Duty, Collett, Blair just to name a few........
By the way does your last post mean that the linemen you mentioned are guaranteed a spot? Should all positions be open for competition?
No but hall and cornet started I believe, and the rest is my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

O-line is were the game is win, if they dont play they dont win.
Linemen at LCC:
Matt Londo
Dakota Cornett
Justin Garrett
Koree Stewart
Ryan Hall
Mike Blair
???? Duty

And there are several more that I can't think of their names. If they come along I think they will be more solid than they have ever been on the line.
People who can name the lineman on a team, appreciates what they do. Have you ever coached Lambert?
I would take this o-line over some of the all time best.
IMO Starting Linemen
center-blair
guards-hall and garrett
tackles-langdeu and cornett
I agree Griffin, I believe the potential is there to have a very very good O-line. Now getting them to all play to their potential is the key. I know that 4 of the 5 benches over 300. All are very fast and athletic as well. I also agree with UKfrenzy that right now it looks like those 5 are the leaders
That is the 5 i would play . 3 out of the 5 i seen play alot .
This doesn't have anything to do with Letcher County Central directly but a little trivia with Letcher County ties. New USC trojan's offensive coordinator John Morton has extensive ties to Letcher County. He spent many summers in Whitesburg as both sets of grandparents lived there. His parents are both graduates of Whitesburg High School. Coach Morton's grandfather, Coy Morton, was a star player on an undefeated Whitesburg High School Football in the thirties. He has several aunts and uncles as well as numerous cousins throughout Letcher County. It is great to have close ties with someone who is coaching a BCS championship contender under Pete Carroll.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Linemen at LCC:
Matt Londo
Dakota Cornett
Justin Garrett
Koree Stewart
Ryan Hall
Mike Blair
???? Duty

And there are several more that I can't think of their names. If they come along I think they will be more solid than they have ever been on the line.

UKfrenzy Wrote:IMO Starting Linemen
center-blair
guards-hall and garrett
tackles-langdeu and cornett

Don't know these young men. Are they new?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Yes
Where are they from?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Langdeu is the only one I don't recognize. All these kids played last year either on varsity or JV. Dakota Cornett, Koree Stewart, Justin Garrett, and Caleb Duty all played varsity last year. Ryan Hall and Mike Blair played Freshmen and JV and played varsity in some situations.
There was a Langdeau on the line at Jenkins last year.
That might be the transfer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

yea langdeau is a big kid with pretty good wheels...big help for the cougars
GRIFFIN Wrote:I would take this o-line over some of the all time best.

You're joking right?
Why would Griffin be joking? I know they have not played yet but I think potential wise they are the best I have seen at LCC yet as a unit. They are stronger and faster overall as any line I have seen there
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next