•  Previous
  • 20(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
pjdoug Wrote:it was a joke.have you not read the thread? Why should they give it to Gibbs? so they can go 1-9 again?

First of all they were 1-10! I now hope they give it to the lawson guy at the middle school. He won't cost them as much!
footballfanatic33 Wrote:First of all they were 1-10! I now hope they give it to the lawson guy at the middle school. He won't cost them as much!
I hope you are not the one doing the hiringConfusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I hope you are not the one doing the hiringConfusednicker:

Me too!!:hilarious:
I don't think they will be hiring from inside the program, especially a middle school coach. However I do think that the middle school program at Whitley had been very good over the past few years, I think all of the coaches do a good job They have taken a decent program and made it one that is one of the better middle school programs around.
I hope you're right. I agree on the middle school coaches,but we need a big name coach from outside the county at the highschool
I personally don't think you need a big name that is set in their ways, I think you need a young ambitious coach who will breathe life back into the program and let parents and the community be active participants. Then you will see the numbers increase.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:I personally don't think you need a big name that is set in their ways, I think you need a young ambitious coach who will breathe life back into the program and let parents and the community be active participants. Then you will see the numbers increase.

Be careful what you wish for.
oldhound70s Wrote:It's Greg Duncum from Corbin. Former head coach at N Laurel and assistant at Corbin.

The Whitley fans can only hope it turns out that good, I would hope if this Dudley thing has any truth to it and does not work out he would be plan B. From my past experience they will probably end up with Larry Anderson. LOL
insideinfo Wrote:The Whitley fans can only hope it turns out that good, I would hope if this Dudley thing has any truth to it and does not work out he would be plan B. From my past experience they will probably end up with Larry Anderson. LOL

Think about it. Duncum took a very weak program and became successful at N Laurel. He had no support and very little talent. He also played QB at Union and was very successful. He's now at Corbin and one of the few coaches the players like. Lynn Camp was nuts for not taking him two years ago. If he gets the Whitley job, I guarantee you 5-8 kids transfer immediately from Corbin. If Whitley is smart they will announce it before Christmas break. From what I hear, he and Campbell use to be buddies as well. He'll also be walking the halls getting those big athletes out for football. He can really relate to the kids. Plus he'll be much cheaper than Dudley and is a teacher. Can't believe Gut is not talking about this :eyeroll:
FormerJacket72 Wrote:I personally don't think you need a big name that is set in their ways, I think you need a young ambitious coach who will breathe life back into the program and let parents and the community be active participants. Then you will see the numbers increase.

Greg Duncum fits that mold.
pjdoug Wrote:season is over now.time to hire a coach

Greg Duncum
PRIDE101 Wrote:What is the word??? Will the King of the Mountain coach take the job?

Phillip Haywood is not going anywhere.
oldhound70s Wrote:Think about it. Duncum took a very weak program and became successful at N Laurel. He had no support and very little talent. He also played QB at Union and was very successful. He's now at Corbin and one of the few coaches the players like. Lynn Camp was nuts for not taking him two years ago. If he gets the Whitley job, I guarantee you 5-8 kids transfer immediately from Corbin. If Whitley is smart they will announce it before Christmas break. From what I hear, he and Campbell use to be buddies as well. He'll also be walking the halls getting those big athletes out for football. He can really relate to the kids. Plus he'll be much cheaper than Dudley and is a teacher. Can't believe Gut is not talking about this :eyeroll:

by successful you mean mediocre? :dudecomeon:
oldhound70s Wrote:Think about it. Duncum took a very weak program and became successful at N Laurel. He had no support and very little talent. He also played QB at Union and was very successful. He's now at Corbin and one of the few coaches the players like. Lynn Camp was nuts for not taking him two years ago. If he gets the Whitley job, I guarantee you 5-8 kids transfer immediately from Corbin. If Whitley is smart they will announce it before Christmas break. From what I hear, he and Campbell use to be buddies as well. He'll also be walking the halls getting those big athletes out for football. He can really relate to the kids. Plus he'll be much cheaper than Dudley and is a teacher. Can't believe Gut is not talking about this :eyeroll:
Word on the street is there already going to be some transfers at Christmas.
I could see some going to Whitley with the right hire, and I would think that would be a first .For whatever reason Huelett did not want Lynn Camp to be successful at anything.
insideinfo Wrote:The Whitley fans can only hope it turns out that good, I would hope if this Dudley thing has any truth to it and does not work out he would be plan B. From my past experience they will probably end up with Larry Anderson. LOL

:lame:
pjdoug Wrote:by successful you mean mediocre? :dudecomeon:

Well....actually you are right but at that time mediocre was success to N Laurel. He did produce a lot of improvement though.

I said I wasn't going to talk about it anymore :biggrin:

Formerjacket has already scared off all the coaches we've went after with his post, so I expect Whitley to play without a head coach at all next season
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I said I wasn't going to talk about it anymore :biggrin:

Formerjacket has already scared off all the coaches we've went after with his post, so I expect Whitley to play without a head coach at all next season

UPIKE Athletic Director resigned? Confusednicker:
Their will be transfers, not to Whitley though.
William Muney Wrote:Their will be transfers, not to Whitley though.

Will they be going to Williamsburg, Knox Central or Lynn Camp?

Lynn Camp use to get a lot of transfers from Corbin, but most parents have been reluctant to send them that direction lately due to academic reputation.
Coach Hilton will have to make a decision by Tuesday or Wednesday at latest so Whitley can open up the applications before Christmas break.

Parent participation is the trouble at most places. The only thing most parent need to know is what time do you need me at the concession stand or do you need me to help get the field ready. If they are not willing to do this you don't need them, they are more trouble than there worth.
not all fans are parents
pjdoug Wrote:not all fans are parents

And not all parents are fans!!!
FormerJacket72 Wrote:And not all parents are fans!!!

and not all jackets are yellow Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:and not all jackets are yellow Confusednicker:

You are absolutely right seen a guy at Walmart wearing a blue one.:flame:
No Dudley sighting today?
Santa is going to put Dudley in Gut's stocking.
is Dudley in Whitley County? :yesno:
insideinfo Wrote:Parent participation is the trouble at most places. The only thing most parent need to know is what time do you need me at the concession stand or do you need me to help get the field ready. If they are not willing to do this you don't need them, they are more trouble than there worth.

You have lost it! Parents and community involvement are extremely important to a teams success! That is one of the biggest problems the county faces now. Hopefully, the new coach will be able to get the support they need, from the parents and the commmunity, to get things going in the right direction.
  •  Previous
  • 20(current)
  • Next