•  Previous
  • 36(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
64SUR Wrote:I have promise a guy that I want leak who the new coach will be at Whitley I'm not shock ....Confusednicker:

your nose is growing lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's when you turn to fish eggs.

is the new coach a chef?
64SUR Wrote:I have promise a guy that I want leak who the new coach will be at Whitley I'm not shock ....Confusednicker:

I saw him the other night at halftime.
The new coach will be…

Runitupthegut!!!!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Coach
insideinfo Wrote:I saw him the other night at halftime.

Yes that was him......:pondering:
HDE Wrote:Didn't you say it was a done deal three months ago?

I said it was all BUT a done deal!! Until Dudley's boy decided he was going to play another year. I don't think Dudley is coming back to HS football this year. That's the last I heard, he may still take the job but doesn't look as good as it did.
The games Dudley plays! I hate it for Whitley County! Good luck finding a coach!!
Rebel diehard Wrote:The games Dudley plays! I hate it for Whitley County! Good luck finding a coach!!

Dudley has not played any games, Whitley ask him if he wanted the job he said no, and they did not have plan B. Three months later they are still trying to figure out what to do. This is why the best they can hope for is a LarryAnderson type hire that will stay forever and have decent teams and go home after the first round of the playoffs most years occasionally going home after the second round.
insideinfo Wrote:Dudley has not played any games, Whitley ask him if he wanted the job he said no, and they did not have plan B. Three months later they are still trying to figure out what to do. This is why the best they can hope for is a LarryAnderson type hire that will stay forever and have decent teams and go home after the first round of the playoffs most years occasionally going home after the second round.

So, Coach Hilton has told Whitley "NO" 3 months ago and the Super and AD have made no effort to find a coach for 3 months, WOW
If Dudley had said"no" I believe that those two business men would have moved to next candidate. IMO, I don't believe he said NO.
"No"

Confusednicker:
insideinfo Wrote:Dudley has not played any games, Whitley ask him if he wanted the job he said no, and they did not have plan B. Three months later they are still trying to figure out what to do. This is why the best they can hope for is a LarryAnderson type hire that will stay forever and have decent teams and go home after the first round of the playoffs most years occasionally going home after the second round.

you seem to be obsessed with the basketball coach Larry Anderson. maybe he could coach your team to it's first district title, but I doubt it.

:lame: as usual
Dudley did not say NO three months ago!! They made a offer and he never said yes that's what the hold up is, if I were Whitley I would give him a little extra time too. It's not just the ordinary Joe it is Dudley Hilton. With that being said I would be very surprised if Whitley doesn't hire someone by the end of next month. They don't need to pull a Detroit lions and just hire anybody because they didn't get their #1 pick. But again Dudley has not declined the offer yet!! So let's wait and see!!:popcorn:
Who is in charge right now. I mean this is the most important time of the year. The off season is where you win in the Fall. Who is running the off season program?
If I was a guessing person, I would say the assistant coaches. That was who was running ours before our hire.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
pjdoug Wrote:you seem to be obsessed with the basketball coach Larry Anderson. maybe he could coach your team to it's first district title, but I doubt it.

My team play in the worst district in the state all they have to do is show up to win it.
bear claw Wrote:Who is in charge right now. I mean this is the most important time of the year. The off season is where you win in the Fall. Who is running the off season program?

Al Ysidro is interim coach.
Big Al can get them through right now but they need to get a hire done so the kids do not feel stuck in limbo.
I can't believe they have waited this long and are still waiting. I hope they have a good plan in place.
bear claw Wrote:Who is in charge right now. I mean this is the most important time of the year. The off season is where you win in the Fall. Who is running the off season program?

Coach Ysidro is working the kids out.

The plan this entire time has been to name a coach before spring practice whether someone said yes or no.
:biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Coach Ysidro is working the kids out.

The plan this entire time has been to name a coach before spring practice whether someone said yes or no.

:biglmao:
^
That was the words straight out of the Supers mouth the day Black resigned.

They said they would have someone named before spring practice.
http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x8.../Black-out

According to a statement in a press release from the Whitley County School District, Whitley County High School Principal Alan Sweet said Alan Ysidro will serve as interim head coach until the position is filled.

“We will begin our search immediately with the goal of hiring the best possible individual available,” Sweet said. “If at all possible, we would like to have someone on board in time for spring practice.”
Pretty sure Sweet has zero dogs in that process.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Pretty sure Sweet has zero dogs in that process.

what's he searching for? maybe he just wanted to talk to Times Tribune Confusednicker:
I really do not know what is going on here. I read every post and Dudley Hilton is the one name that everyone agrees on. My comment is how can one man hold two programs hostage this long. Make no mistake, both are at fault, Whitley Co. I give some patience. While I respect his ability as a high school coach and that is why Whitley may wait some. What about a recruit that comes to UPike under the impression that the guy telling them all these things will deliver. As a parent I would be upset if he has no intensions on staying. IMO Whitley needs to ask again and if no answer, move on. At what point does it start to hurt Whitley's program or does it. I think it does, it shows me some lack of support or importance in getting a coach. Just my view.
Can schools wait like this over and over? It can't help the weight program. I've seen it happen.
I think in this situation it will pay to be patient and wait, of course I could be wrong. As far as the weight room goes, Al Ysidro is a solid guy and the other coaches are there every day with the exception of McKiddy and Bozeman who are doing wrestling and there are several football players on that team. As far as Upike goes, I am not in the business of worrying about them, but i do see your point.
  •  Previous
  • 36(current)
  • Next