•  Previous
  • 39(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
panther nation Wrote:Gut Whitley co has finally won something this year!!!! :biglmao:
But still no coach in site..

It's not a good troll when you misspell words.
Scott Russell would be a good candidate.
He's looking to leave Knox.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not having numbers falls squarely on one persons shoulders. The head coach. Nobody else is to blame for the dismal numbers. When you hire from within, kids are going to expect the same old thing there use to and the same coaches doing it.

That's why when you've got a numbers issue, its best to go outside the program.

I agree with Gut this program needs to be clean from top to bottom, but if you don't advertise you are only going to get more of the same.
redstorm Wrote:Scott Russell would be a good candidate.

Madison Central contacted him early in there coaching search he told them he was not interested in leaving Knox.
Jim Black in my opinion is and was the best coach they will get at Whitley, You just don't forget how to coach football. What is the problem out there? first, Coach Black was stuck in the back SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS BY SOMEONE WHO WAS WITHIN THE ADMINISTRATION WHO DOES WHAT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW . He looked like a piece of Swiss Cheese. Second ZERO as in o feeder program and what ever it was, was infested with DADDY BALL. Jim Black would be a hell of A coach for any program, Whitley county lost one of the best coaches in the mountains.
I think they will hire from with in, a good quality coach would have to think twice about this job, with the numbers down and talent pool shrinking it will be hard to compete with Harlan and PCC in the district.
What about Greg Duncum?
He has head coaching experience, and great football mind.
What about Greg Duncum?
redstorm Wrote:What about Greg Duncum?

That's what the educated fans was saying 30 pages ago.
^ one of them anyway...
redstorm Wrote:Scott Russell would be a good candidate.

Sorry, IMO Knox is a much better job than Whitley. If Coach Russell goes anywhere it will be a place like Lexington, so his daughter can get the best in gymnastics.

Without getting into this deep, why are you asking about these coaches? Hitting close to home aren't we?
I keep seeing where people keep referring to Whitley Co. talent pool, as week. Any one with any ability to think knows talent pool is determined by one thing that being population. Children don't change athletic ability over a distance of 30 miles.
topnotch Wrote:I keep seeing where people keep referring to Whitley Co. talent pool, as week. Any one with any ability to think knows talent pool is determined by one thing that being population. Children don't change athletic ability over a distance of 30 miles.

I agree that Whitley's talent pool is fine. The issue I see is culture. At Whitley it seems that a number of really talented kids do not end up playing. I can't pretend to have a solution for this problem, but whoever the next coach is must address this issue. Student participation is the key to the development of the Whitley program.
Got to have a coach before any issues can be addressed. You won't have new faces in the weight room unless you have a man at the top.
If you do have a new man at the top and he doesn't develop a elementary. Jr. high program, without daddy ball, and a program where the youngsters enjoy playing and above all else are kept busy playing game after game as many as they can possibly play then we would be as well off if we hired a elementary coach. IMO
topnotch Wrote:I keep seeing where people keep referring to Whitley Co. talent pool, as week. Any one with any ability to think knows talent pool is determined by one thing that being population. Children don't change athletic ability over a distance of 30 miles.

topnotch! there will be periods were the male population will be less and the quality of the males will be inferior to those of the past and future. I thought a man of your intelligence could surely see this and recognize this may be one of the problems at Whitley. I would be safe to say your football knowledge is limited Confusednicker:
I think that the administration that made this mess needs to approach Coach Black and begg him back. Tell him they made a big mistake and would love to have him back and would hire him two more coaches. JMO:HitWall:
You got that right. I will always say our athletes in WC are as good as any. That is just my opinion. I would like to apologize to you if I upset you in any way. You probably know 100 times more about football than I do.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:I think that the administration that made this mess needs to approach Coach Black and begg him back. Tell him they made a big mistake and would love to have him back and would hire him two more coaches. JMO:HitWall:
I truly believe with my limited knowledge of football that you may be right as to the problem. I honestly believe if Jim would have had the coaching support in the middle and elementary programs. No better coach anywhere.
JUST MY OPINION
topnotch Wrote:I truly believe with my limited knowledge of football that you may be right as to the problem. I honestly believe if Jim would have had the coaching support in the middle and elementary programs. No better coach anywhere.
JUST MY OPINION

I think he would need more that two coaches:

OC-Bobby Gibbs
Steve McKiddy
Justin Bozeman
Tyler Ayers (may or may not be there regardless of who the coach is)

1 DC
2 Freshmen coaches
3 positions coaches (secondary, QB, RB)
1 At least one other coach (LB)
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I think he would need more that two coaches:

OC-Bobby Gibbs
Steve McKiddy
Justin Bozeman
Tyler Ayers (may or may not be there regardless of who the coach is)

1 DC
2 Freshmen coaches
3 positions coaches (secondary, QB, RB)
1 At least one other coach (LB)

I agree 100% Coaches already get paid at the elementary schools but, selection of coaches I don't believe goes through head coach NOT SURE
Not sure about the grade school but I do know that Jim Black brought in Coach Bryant at the middle school and I also know that Coach Black was in the loop of any assistant coaches hired at the middle school. :ChairHit:
1/4bak Wrote:topnotch! there will be periods were the male population will be less and the quality of the males will be inferior to those of the past and future. I thought a man of your intelligence could surely see this and recognize this may be one of the problems at Whitley. I would be safe to say your football knowledge is limited Confusednicker:

1\4bak male population at all schools are going down,just down the road in Williamsburg they will lose over half of their team this year....need some walk on nexts couple of years at williamsburg or a heck of a feeder systems....just saying.
1/4bak Wrote:I think they will hire from with in, a good quality coach would have to think twice about this job, with the numbers down and talent pool shrinking it will be hard to compete with Harlan and PCC in the district.

:dudecomeon: Talent pool is not shrinking in Whitley county.....New coach new player watch and see. :Cheerlead
PRIDE101 Wrote:Sorry, IMO Knox is a much better job than Whitley. If Coach Russell goes anywhere it will be a place like Lexington, so his daughter can get the best in gymnastics.

Without getting into this deep, why are you asking about these coaches? Hitting close to home aren't we?

PRIDE why WOULD YOU SAY kNOX CENTRAL WOULD BE A BETTER JOB THAN WHITLEY. I AM NOT SURE BUT I DON'T BELEIVE KC HAS EVER WON A DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP, CORRECT ME PLEASE IF I AM WRONG.
Knox Central won a 3A district title in 1975.
HDE Wrote:Knox Central won a 3A district title in 1975.

Im not sure that's any better.
I haven't understood the love affair with Knox's history as of late.
It was just 6 or 7 years ago that they were still considered one of the worst programs in the state.
Building the new school helped IMO, but I don't see how anyone could consider it a "better" job than Whitley.
topnotch Wrote:PRIDE why WOULD YOU SAY kNOX CENTRAL WOULD BE A BETTER JOB THAN WHITLEY. I AM NOT SURE BUT I DON'T BELEIVE KC HAS EVER WON A DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP, CORRECT ME PLEASE IF I AM WRONG.

Knox is not rebuilding anything. Not trying to get the kids in the hall out. The MS and youth program are very good. Not an insult, just the state of the program at this time.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Knox is not rebuilding anything. Not trying to get the kids in the hall out. The MS and youth program are very good. Not an insult, just the state of the program at this time.

Listen you don't need to brag too much, you would not have won this year if Whitley had not had 5 (FIVE) turnovers, and honestly you would not have won if Whitley comes with their full compliment of players. At the time of the game Whitley was missing 8 starters which translates to about 12 on both sides of the ball.

Whitley will be better this year, if Jim Black was still coach they would be better and if a Coach to be named later is coaching they will be better. (as long as they are not hit with all the injuries that they had this year)

Whitley has a excellent MS program, with excellent coaches. Dave Bryant has assembled a strong staff and always plays a challenging schedule.

The pieces are there, and just waiting for the new coach to come and put them together. If Jim Black was still there they would be locked in and ready to go, but you don't know what the new coach will bring in as far as offensive and defensive schemes.

And last but not least I remember when Knox Central dropped Whitley after the Colonels whipped the snot out of them and the Colonels worried more about Lynn Camp than Panthers.
STILL no coach?
  •  Previous
  • 39(current)
  • Next