•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
Reid runs a good offense that isn't one dimensional and a tough D. He's a good guy that the kids would love to play for. You also cannot underestimate someone who was a college coach for 11 seasons. He will know what it takes to get kids to the next level and what colleges are looking for. Finally, he's got a good personality that would make him a local favorite. That is a big key for the coach in Corbin.
redstorm Wrote:Why Tommy Reid?
Don't know a lot about him !

The same guy that told me first it was mouser 2 week later he told it was Reid. pretty soon this guy will be wanting to sell me swamp land in the rocky mts. I just know for sure Haddix is worth interviewing :popcorn:
No , I didn't ever say that it would be Reid's . I did say Mouser, and still believe it!
Show me were I said its Reid job!
redstorm Wrote:No , I didn't ever say that it would be Reid's . I did say Mouser, and still believe it!
Show me were I said its Reid job!

I was talking about my buddy told me mouser was going to be the coach and 2 week later he told me Reid would be the new coach.I was not saying you :lmao: redstorm I believe you.
redstorm Wrote:Larkey is a name that has been mentioned,Tommy Reid has applied, Randy Frazier has applied . Josh Jagger's has show interest from Larue Co No Paul Rains has not applied!!
Haddix did NOT apply!

I don't believe Jaggers has applied. I'd say there has been a conversation or two with some in Corbin about the job, but no true applying. I know some in Corbin came back impressed with his LaRue County team after they knocked Corbin out of the playoffs in 2012, so that would make sense if any talks have happened. The are still taking applications for another week I believe aren't they?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I don't believe Jaggers has applied. I'd say there has been a conversation or two with some in Corbin about the job, but no true applying. I know some in Corbin came back impressed with his LaRue County team after they knocked Corbin out of the playoffs in 2012, so that would make sense if any talks have happened. The are still taking applications for another week I believe aren't they?

The sad part about this is that of the people hiring, I honestly doubt they have the first clue that Larue County beat Corbin out of the 2012 playoffs. I take nothing against Smith and Crawford as they are great men but they've neither one seemed like football people. Maybe I am wrong but I've been around the program for 20-25 years and don't recall seeing those two around. It just doesn't seem that Corbin gives a flip about sports. Academics is fine to support but Sports is what people care about and that's a fact.
4 of the 6 hiring committee members are basketball people and couldn't ask X and o questions!!!
redstorm Wrote:4 of the 6 hiring committee members are basketball people and couldn't ask X and o questions!!!

That's not good news for Corbin football. :igiveup:
redstorm Wrote:4 of the 6 hiring committee members are basketball people and couldn't ask X and o questions!!!

CHS Principal, athletic director, asst superintendent, site base parent member whose son played and is graduating, former asst coach who had two kids play football, and current business man who provides medical treatment to players and also played college ball. I'm very comfortable with the commiittee and besides, the final decision is the principal and superintendent's from what I've been told.
oldhound70s Wrote:CHS Principal, athletic director, asst superintendent, site base parent member whose son played and is graduating, former asst coach who had two kids play football, and current business man who provides medical treatment to players and also played college ball. I'm very comfortable with the commiittee and besides, the final decision is the principal and superintendent's from what I've been told.

Principal- Johnny Crawford
Athletic Director- Thom Smith
Site Based Parent- ??
Business/Medical- Kim Cleary
Former Asst.- ??
Asst Superintendant-??
HAROLD Wrote:Principal- Johnny Crawford
Athletic Director- Thom Smith
Site Based Parent- ??
Business/Medical- Kim Cleary
Former Asst.- ??
Asst Superintendant-??

Cox, Foley and Waddle
When will Corbin make a decision?
oldhound70s Wrote:CHS Principal, athletic director, asst superintendent, site base parent member whose son played and is graduating, former asst coach who had two kids play football, and current business man who provides medical treatment to players and also played college ball. I'm very comfortable with the commiittee and besides, the final decision is the principal and superintendent's from what I've been told.

It always is....
Rumor is Reid. And yes this would be a good hire or mouser or haddix or duncum. Good luck to corbin i will be cheering for the Redhound in 3A :truestory:.
Reid would be about the best person Corbin could hire. This would put some much needed new blood in Corbin. Something that has been lacking for sometime now.
panther nation Wrote:Reid would be about the best person Corbin could hire. This would put some much needed new blood in Corbin. Something that has been lacking for sometime now.

As a Bell County fan I hope that is who they do hire.Confusednicker:
Why did Reid leave Union? It is just weird to me that such a young coach stepped down as a head coach without having another job lined up. I'm going to stick with my previous statement. Just because he coached college doesn't mean he would be a good high school coach. For all the people saying rumor is this is the guy, guess what? They haven't even interviewed him yet.
He was let go at UC. Too many off the field problems and not nearly enough W's.

They are just throwing his name in for looks. It will be an inside hire.
William Muney Wrote:He was let go at UC. Too many off the field problems and not nearly enough W's.

Don't believe everything you hear.
Who is the front runner then? Are they done with the interviews yet? I figured the news would be out by now, and not near as much speculation... They need to get on the ball if there hasn't been a decision made.... Jus sayin
bcpc Wrote:Who is the front runner then? Are they done with the interviews yet? I figured the news would be out by now, and not near as much speculation... They need to get on the ball if there hasn't been a decision made.... Jus sayin

Still interviewing to be done, the 30 day posting period will not be up until Friday.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Don't believe everything you hear.

Don't believe everything you think!
TrueDawg Wrote:Don't believe everything you think!

Trust me, I don't.
William Muney Wrote:He was let go at UC. Too many off the field problems and not nearly enough W's.

They had a lot of problems while he was there. I don't think that Corbin is that dumb to go and hire him at all.
30 days are up Friday and interviews start next week.
Had a family member on 1 of Reid's teams. Trust me they are some BIG issues. Mouser is the best hire. Although he has no experience, everyone has to start somewhere.
Corbin High School is not Union College
I was at the Pineville DQ this morning and had two people tell me that Dudley has definately been contacted and offered the job. They also said Wayne Mills will get it if Dudley declines. Could this be the shocker?
oldhound70s Wrote:I was at the Pineville DQ this morning and had two people tell me that Dudley has definately been contacted and offered the job. They also said Wayne Mills will get it if Dudley declines. Could this be the shocker?

Thats not going to happen.
oldhound70s Wrote:I was at the Pineville DQ this morning and had two people tell me that Dudley has definately been contacted and offered the job. They also said Wayne Mills will get it if Dudley declines. Could this be the shocker?

:lmao: oldhound
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next