•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
I love how SOME on here think Corbin has "contacted" people. It's really funny how little some of you know how things really work. No one has been interviewed yet guys. No one has been offered the job. Once the posting closes on Friday the committee will go through the applicants resumes and choose who they want to interview. It's really like you guys think Crawford sits in his office all day and begs people to come coach poor little Corbin. Dudley will not be at Corbin 100%. He has never been "contacted" and has not applied.
Goingdeep Wrote:I love how SOME on here think Corbin has "contacted" people. It's really funny how little some of you know how things really work. No one has been interviewed yet guys. No one has been offered the job. Once the posting closes on Friday the committee will go through the applicants resumes and choose who they want to interview. It's really like you guys think Crawford sits in his office all day and begs people to come coach poor little Corbin. Dudley will not be at Corbin 100%. He has never been "contacted" and has not applied.

I think everybody knows Dudley not coming Goingdeep Confusednicker:
Dudley, not happening, However, this is not the first time I have heard Mills name. If that is the case he has really kept it quiet. I now have a hard time believing it, but stranger things have happened. We will see shortly.
The names that I have heard as of today are...

Tommy Reid, Paul Raines, Greg Duncum, Jody Mouser, Jim McKee, and Mickey Wilson. Likely in that order
Some others who I don't consider serious candidates but who are are in the hat, Justin Haddix, Josh Jaggers, Dudley Hilton, and Scott Russell.
I have not written Haddix off my list yet, heck of a coach and the people on the selection committee knows it. Haddix is young and been a winner in football as a player on a state championship team at Breathitt,starting qb 3 or 4 years and holds records at WKU, winning at a school that no one else has ever had success, and the kids love him. Haddix was the offensive coach at this years Border Bowl and you could see how diversified his offensive scheme is, kept Tennessee's defense off balanced all game. None of the others mentioned have a resume to compare.
HAROLD Wrote:The names that I have heard as of today are...

Tommy Reid, Paul Raines, Greg Duncum, Jody Mouser, Jim McKee, and Mickey Wilson. Likely in that order

There is only one name on this list that is either interested or applied....or has a shot at the job....Mouser.

There are two other names not listed that have an outside chance.
HAROLD Wrote:The names that I have heard as of today are...

Who is Jim McKee?
64SUR Wrote::lmao: oldhound

Corbin DQ is giving free Blizzards to anyone wearing Red the day Dudley is announced. :lmao:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Who is Jim McKee?

Scott Countys coach.

I don't see it happening, but I will say this. He has a lot of friends in this area.
http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x1...ice-begins

Parsons being critical of the hiring process.
SEKYFAN Wrote:http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x1...ice-begins

Wake-up call for the corbin redhound hire a coach. :popcorn:
From the parents I have talked too, so are they. Not a very happy bunch anyway. Very disgruntled the last few seasons.
The Redhounds will be fine.
SEKYFAN Wrote:http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x1...ice-begins

Wow....this will really get them moving. I'm sure Parsons opinion will really light a fire.:biglmao:
William Muney Wrote:From the parents I have talked too, so are they. Not a very happy bunch anyway. Very disgruntled the last few seasons.

Exactly the reason they need to take their time and get it right.
oldhound70s Wrote:Wow....this will really get them moving. I'm sure Parsons opinion will really light a fire.:biglmao:

They may need to add him to the search committee.:yikes:
SEKYFAN Wrote:They may need to add him to the search committee.:yikes:

Maybe he should hang out at the DQ in Pineville. Lots of folks there seem to know what's happening with the search for Corbin's coach. I can't wait for my free Blizzard Confusednicker:
1/4bak Wrote:I have not written Haddix off my list yet, heck of a coach and the people on the selection committee knows it. Haddix is young and been a winner in football as a player on a state championship team at Breathitt,starting qb 3 or 4 years and holds records at WKU, winning at a school that no one else has ever had success, and the kids love him. Haddix was the offensive coach at this years Border Bowl and you could see how diversified his offensive scheme is, kept Tennessee's defense off balanced all game. None of the others mentioned have a resume to compare.

Haddix would be a big time hire for the present and future. Confusederiously:
I have to Agree that Haddix would be a big time hire. He has won and brought high expectations at a "basketball" school... That says a lot to me..... He has lots of connections and can motivate and help the kids more than than most with his personality... He is a winner! He has won at Breathitt, won at WKU, won at Perry... That being said, Corbin would be lucky to get him, and he would be lucky to get Corbin... We will see if there is any truth to the talk of him/Corbin in the coming days.
M o u s e rid the man
redstorm Wrote:M o u s e rid the man

Glad we agree on something. The people of Corbin just don't know it yet. We know it at the DQ in Barborville, Pineville and Williamsburg.
Mouser, Haddix and the coach from South Carolina in that order. Duncum is out.
E's Army Wrote:Mouser, Haddix and the coach from South Carolina in that order. Duncum is out.

If these are the 3 finalists, then it would have to be the reverse order in my opinion. The SC coach would have to be the hands down favorite, if he is truly interested. Haddix has more experience than Mouser and is highly thought of, although Mouser is a local boy and is already in the system, therefore they would not have to find a teaching job for the coach.

There is one name that has not been mentioned on here, at least that I can recall, that was contacted by a member of the committee. I'm not sure if there was mutual interest or not though.
SEKYFAN Wrote:If these are the 3 finalists, then it would have to be the reverse order in my opinion. The SC coach would have to be the hands down favorite, if he is truly interested. Haddix has more experience than Mouser and is highly thought of, although Mouser is a local boy and is already in the system, therefore they would not have to find a teaching job for the coach.

There is one name that has not been mentioned on here, at least that I can recall, that was contacted by a member of the committee. I'm not sure if there was mutual interest or not though.

I know a couple of coaches that was contacted. And I know of one that showed some interest in the job not sure if he applied or not. It would probably mean a job that got his wife out of the classroom.
Guys be man enough to say names!! My josh we can all say " they contacted" " He showed interest" who is they and he?
I will give you names of candidates: ( Not saying that they all applied)

1. Michael Copley
2. Justin Haddix
3. Greg Duncum
4. Jody Mouser
5. Randy Frazier
6. Tommy Reid
7. Chris Larkey
8. Jim Black
9. Clark Teague
Do I need to list more?
Jim McKee did NOT apply and is not interested in Corbin Job!!!
AD at Scott Co. and just won state title in 6A .. REALLY guys
Dudley Hilton may have been contacted by Junior from Root Beer stand, but he doesn't have squat to say about the job!
In the end the principal will go down to the superintendent office with 2 names one being a home boy and the other being the coach with the best resume. Then the decision will be made to continue with the old way or bring in new ideals of how to get the program to the level it once was. If you think the super want have a say in this you are mistaken.
Jim McKee may not have applied but he has absolutely inquired about the position. Maybe the interest is to sweeten his deal at Scott Co but I have it on good authority that he at least has asked around.

Who is Michael Copley?

I'm hearing that it will likely be Reid, Mouser, Duncum, Wilson, or Paul Raines with some of the others mentioned still being under consideration. The liklihood is not known as stated above about McKee.
Copley was that guy that took over for Jackson at Pikeville. He later went to Greenup I think? He was not sucessful at either stop.
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next