•  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
I am pretty sure he is 33-24, with that said the last 2 years have been sub-par. 2012 4-7, 2013 6-6. I do not buy the things about the school not being able to win there. They have athletes that play football and with the way he started winning in 09, (7-4), 10 (7-4), 2011 (9-3) one would think he would have changed that and had better season the past two years. Let me say this, the company you guys put his name with would have. Hilton, Larkey, ect... So I am not so high on him as the Hall of Famer most of you put him in.
1/4bak Wrote:yeah it's hard to find coaches with a 4-26 head coaching record unless you look in McCreary county

Yeah its easy to win at schools where the best athletes are in the marching band. Seriously...:dontthink
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Not dangerous for Bell County. It will be a blessing. He won't be able to coach he couldn't do it at Union what makes you think it he can do it at Corbin. He won't be able to handle the pressure. It will be a bigger help to the neighboring schools like Williamsburg, Whitley and Lynn Camp.

I agree with that statement. I am a big 1A williamsburg fan and we could use some more player after this year for sure. I have a lot of die hard friends from corbin an they are ready for a young coach. An i am ready to cheer on a 3A school to beat bell County and wayne county...Just saying GO REDHOUNDS
64SUR Wrote:I have been watching highschool football over 44yrs. I have watch Philip Haywood,Dudley Hilton,Tom Larkley and Mike Holcomb in their younger days and i can see Justin Haddix name in the same boat at the right school that loves football. And corbin loves football., Just as i do mountain football. :Cheerlead

You are drowning in the Haddix Kool-Aid. I dont get the hype lol
Flicka Wrote:I am pretty sure he is 33-24, with that said the last 2 years have been sub-par. 2012 4-7, 2013 6-6. I do not buy the things about the school not being able to win there. They have athletes that play football and with the way he started winning in 09, (7-4), 10 (7-4), 2011 (9-3) one would think he would have changed that and had better season the past two years. Let me say this, the company you guys put his name with would have. Hilton, Larkey, ect... So I am not so high on him as the Hall of Famer most of you put him in.

I have to agree, Haddix has not shown enough to be put in that class. He is a good coach that works hard, There are a large number of those guys out there.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Yeah its easy to win at schools where the best athletes are in the marching band. Seriously...:dontthink

must not had no marching band in 2004 the year before Teague's coached there they was 6-5 winning season then 0-10, 4-6, 0-10
cherokee Wrote:I heard Corbin was bringing in the selection committee from Whitley to help them get a decision, here are the choices

1. 1 assistant coach with no head coaching experience
2. 2 former high school coaches with losing records
3. 1 college coach with a losing record
4. Haddix

:Cheerlead:popcorn::Cheerlead:popcorn::Cheerlead:popcorn:

:lame::lame:
pjdoug Wrote:You are drowning in the Haddix Kool-Aid. I dont get the hype lol

One of whitley county coaching committee adviser :welcome: pjdoug to Redhound Football. Confusedmoke:
Justin Haddix signs today that is why he ain't at school. Done deal!!!
Xerxes Wrote:I have to agree, Haddix has not shown enough to be put in that class. He is a good coach that works hard, There are a large number of those guys out there.

what class it down to 3....just saying :howdy:
I sure hope you are wrong Jungle Duck. I dont care if he is young or not. I have saw a lot of good coaches come and go and he is the best I have ever saw to say the least.
JungleDuck Wrote:Justin Haddix signs today that is why he ain't at school. Done deal!!!

Maybe he is there to meet with his new team. Will we know once school is out today???:popcorn:
1/4bak Wrote:must not had no marching band in 2004 the year before Teague's coached there they was 6-5 winning season then 0-10, 4-6, 0-10

And who was it that lead them back to prominence when teague ran the program into the ground...
64SUR Wrote:I agree with that statement. I am a big 1A williamsburg fan and we could use some more player after this year for sure. I have a lot of die hard friends from corbin an they are ready for a young coach. An i am ready to cheer on a 3A school to beat bell County and wayne county...Just saying GO REDHOUNDS

Reid is not young.
I doubt the announcement will be today, may have to wait until the first of the week.
Not sure of his record. But I can tell ya for sure that he is coaching at a school with ZERO tradition. The kids grow up in perry co with the dream to play basketball.. He has brought a team from 1-2 wins to gettin in the 3rd round of the playoffs... Need I say 5A.. And took down the mighty Harlan central.. Bell Co faithful don't want any of him, promise that..

Drinking leftover Kool-Aid from the Whitley county thread when they was looking for a new coach.....Confusednicker:
1/4bak Wrote:Coached Adair County 2005-2007 had a record of 4 wins 26 losses that would be a sketchy hire, just don't believe the powers to be would sign off on him and take a chance on not hiring the best resume. Headlines Corbin hires coach with 4-26 record won't happen.:eyeroll:

He is in the running. It would surprise me if he gets the nod as head coach, maybe he can come back as an asst. though.
bcpc, we are not the "Might Harlan Central". WE ARE HARLAN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!! Please let me know what year he took down Harlan County? I must have missed that game.
Something you don't understand. Best young coach in the state!!!!!!!:biglmao:
Home boys are out.
E's Army Wrote:Home boys are out.

Who is left?
insideinfo Wrote:Who is left?

My understanding is Haddix,Reid and Teague. :popcorn:
When is the Anouncement?
Teague has been an excellent coach at Somerset. He put in more time than any other coach. He sets a great example for the kids. I would gladly let my son play for him. I have heard many kids at Somerset say he is a great teacher also. Records don't always reflect what type of coach you are. Look up Coach Lucas head coach record before he took over in Somerset. I think Teague would be a great choice. I think Haddix is a good choice also. Good luck to whoever gets it.
If those are indeed the three, those are three very good choices.

Haddix: He has shown as a player that he knows how to win football games. As a coach, he is less experienced than Reid or Teague but you can't turn your head at the fact that he's done well at Perry County. While he hasn't exactly set the world on fire over there, he's won football games. Being a consistent winner although not quite yet a contender there, says something about his coaching ability. I'm still not yet sure he is quite ready for Corbin but The Hounds could do much worse.

Reid: While not the High School experience, he has the best credentials of the bunch. From all accounts, he seems like a good guy that people like. That would go a long way with the Corbin community. For so long, the town has felt like outsiders to the football program. A man that could get the kids out on the field and bring the community together would go a long way. Just reading up on his stats at Union and talking to people close to the UC program, he seems to play a balanced style of offense. Some years they would run more, some they would pass more. This shows that he likely is more prone to adjust to the personnel on the roster rather than force a style upon a team. Honestly, in high school, I think that is what is needed. He's an outsider but has been around the area long enough that I'm sure he gets what football means to Corbin. So far, he's my pick of the names mentioned.

Teague: I'm a little more familiar with Clark than I am Reid or Haddix. He's spent a few years in the system as an assistant in the past. The players really seemed to love him as he helped out quite a bit with the offense. That said, he hasn't really set the world on fire as a head coach. I fully understand that it's very hard to win at the likes of Adair County but at Corbin, he would likely do well. As stated before, I think Corbin needs to take less risks with this hire so that puts him behind the 8 ball a bit.

Either way, I've heard nothing but good things about any of the 3 people mentioned. I'm sure they would do well in Corbin and I will put my support behind any coach they elect to go with. Hey, maybe i'll make my way back home to a few more games. I tried to with the last regime since moving away but couldn't make it as often as I'd like. Nothing sparks excitement more than a little new blood.
Flicka Wrote:I am pretty sure he is 33-24, with that said the last 2 years have been sub-par. 2012 4-7, 2013 6-6. I do not buy the things about the school not being able to win there. They have athletes that play football and with the way he started winning in 09, (7-4), 10 (7-4), 2011 (9-3) one would think he would have changed that and had better season the past two years. Let me say this, the company you guys put his name with would have. Hilton, Larkey, ect... So I am not so high on him as the Hall of Famer most of you put him in.

He wasn't the coach in 09.
bcpc Wrote:Not sure of his record. But I can tell ya for sure that he is coaching at a school with ZERO tradition. The kids grow up in perry co with the dream to play basketball.. He has brought a team from 1-2 wins to gettin in the 3rd round of the playoffs... Need I say 5A.. And took down the mighty Harlan central.. Bell Co faithful don't want any of him, promise that..

Easy pal. The bell co people and 64 are the ones saying had did is a good coach. It is the Corbin and Whitley bunch hating on him.
bcpc Wrote:Not sure of his record. But I can tell ya for sure that he is coaching at a school with ZERO tradition. The kids grow up in perry co with the dream to play basketball.. He has brought a team from 1-2 wins to gettin in the 3rd round of the playoffs... Need I say 5A.. And took down the mighty Harlan central.. Bell Co faithful don't want any of him, promise that..

HC 5-0 vs PCC
William Muney Wrote:Easy pal. The bell co people and 64 are the ones saying had did is a good coach. It is the Corbin and Whitley bunch hating on him.

No one from Corbin hating on him.
  •  Previous
  • 18(current)
  • Next