Poll: State Semi-Finals - Who ya got?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
66.67%
Corbin
33.33%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry at Corbin 11/25 **3A State Semi-Finals**
64SUR Wrote:Thanks 55 but Corbin has their on supply of Corbin creek water. Confusederiously:

That's what they drunk last year before the simi game :truestory:
pjdoug Wrote:I thought Haddix, Greer and Mills are great? surely they can prepare the Hounds for victory.

They are good Coaches I was just going on
64SUR Wrote:Thanks 55 but Corbin has their on supply of Corbin creek water. Confusederiously:

The creek is almost dry.
BelfryPride Wrote:That's sad

That would be sad if it were true. Thankfully its not.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I will wear all kinds of Belfry gear and I really feel safe doing it no matter where I am

I should have included I'm not crazy about BBQ and I don't drink at all.

I also don't like Cracker Barrel lol

The steak at the Depot on main is really good. Burgers at wrigleys are very good too.

Hes full of it. Most people wont even know theres a game going on
walterwhite Wrote:2 really great places downtown are the Wrigley Taproom, excellent burgers and many different beers. It's a farm to table type place. If you like Italian food Basils is excellent. Have eaten at both several times and never been disappointed. I have no idea how crowded either would be before such a big game, but the Wrigley has been packed every time I've ate there.

Seasons Restaurant is really good too.

You can literally walk from Main Street to the field. Its not that far. Plus, if you can get to main street, their are several places to eat and youll find one.
Cat Daddy Wrote:If you read my post, I said they can beat Belfry, not that they would beat Belfry. The point being is, the Pirates weakness, which is their secondary, will play into Corbin's strength, which is throwing the ball. Corbin has a much better passing game than Johnson Central, in my opinion, so therefore, Corbin should be able to throw the ball more consistently against Belfry. As far as your sarcasm, I find it amusing, due to you being from Lee County and probably have never played a down of football in your life. Stick to basketball or baseball!!!

Just because my name has Lee County in it doesn't mean I lived there my entire life. I played all four years of high school and walked on my freshman year of college. :moon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
The Outsider Wrote:The steak at the Depot on main is really good. Burgers at wrigleys are very good too.

I need to try a burger from Wrigley.

And not true...
Dino's is my favorite place to eat in Corbin. :truestory:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Dino's is my favorite place to eat in Corbin. :truestory:

it is one of the worst places I can think of in Corbin.
As far as my official prediction goes, I think the first half will be great, but the superior size, strength, and conditioning of Belfry will begin to show in the 2nd half as Belfry pulls away.

Belfry - 42

Corbin - 20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This thread has been viewed 15,250+ times.

Wow!!!!!

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:
64, he's right. Y'all drank that last year. You better make the trip over here. Or break out your Mayfield tee shirt and wear it for luck.
Corbin's water won some kind of award for best tasting water in the southeast...maybe Mayfield's has a bunch of bad shiot in their's
pjdoug Wrote:I need to try a burger from Wrigley.

Best I've ever had...you're local, burger night is Wednesdays...but you will usually always find a burger on the menu. Fridays you will usually find the Americano burger, get it with an egg....salmon tacos are awesome also.
There was an article, about a year back, that said the fries we're the best in the state.
Also 21 craft beers on tap....
mysonis55 Wrote:64, he's right. Y'all drank that last year. You better make the trip over here. Or break out your Mayfield tee shirt and wear it for luck.

This time it's going to take more than the Mayfield water or a lucky shirt I'm not going to say Corbin isn't going to get there just not going to be this year
55 voted the wrong side...his water is tainted.
Granny Bear Wrote:This thread has been viewed 15,250+ times.

Wow!!!!!

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I create excitement and draw a crowd . I have a magnetic personalityConfusednicker:
mysonis55 Wrote:64, he's right. Y'all drank that last year. You better make the trip over here. Or break out your Mayfield tee shirt and wear it for luck.

send a Mayfield shirt to me.
campbellfield Wrote:Best I've ever had...you're local, burger night is Wednesdays...but you will usually always find a burger on the menu. Fridays you will usually find the Americano burger, get it with an egg....salmon tacos are awesome also.
There was an article, about a year back, that said the fries we're the best in the state.
Also 21 craft beers on tap....

hopefully I'll try it soon Smile
Catch up with 64. He's over that way. He has a bunch of them. He's a closet Mayfield fan.
Make some more room in the bleachers. The Belfry Band is making the trip from what I hear. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
panther nation Wrote:I will be back in good Ole Kentucky next week and I may go to the game as well. This has all the makings of one heck of a game or a complete let down by the hounds. Cause everyone knows Belfry always comes to play. I'm really hoping this will be the game of the year in KY.
Couple of Casey fans coming back up to Corbin to watch if we can get in. I would HOPE that Corbin can at least be close, if not even somehow pull out a huge upset and win. This would be for my own benefit/ease of mind in knowing, maybe, we were at least close to being in that upper tier of 3A...there's still Central though, who I believe is every bit as good as Corbin and barely lost there earlier in the year. I just feel Belfry is the best 3A team I may have seen. If I had to predict I'd say Corbin's speedy defense, great pass defense, can slow Belfry up enough to avoid the running clock. Belfry will absolutely manhandle the line, and Corbin's defensive line and O line will be pushed back and on skates all night. Belfry in a methodical win, 44-15, yet again, Belfry vs Central in the final. But who knows, maybe Etown can match Central athlete for athlete, I just don't see it. Good luck to all teams, especially Corbin who I'd just as soon see win state just to somewhat have an affirmation of how good my team is. I don't see it at all though.
Redonthehound Wrote:3 days to go and still feeling good about this game. From what I'm hearing and seeing I still think Corbin by at least 14 but maybe more. These kids are more ready for this game than I've ever seen.
So sick of hearing how Belfry will wear us down. Finally got some more game film and the two "studs" #23 and #44 of Belfry really don't impress me. They seem to take plays off and tire down late in the game. We seem to much better conditioned and it will show. The fullbacks look thin and may not be able to take the beating. #10 is quick but he's small and will have a hard time handling the punishment for 4 quarters. And the defensive secondary is suited for our offense. #27 is quick to the ball but very very undersized to handle our passing attack. I'm actually more impressed with the belfry offense than I am with the defense. We will have our way with that defense. Still not seeing a way that we are held under 35 points and sure as heck can't see Belfry scoring more than 14-21. Pirate fans better get their dinner before the game because food won't taste good after the game.
Go Hounds!!!!!
You, sir, are nuts. But we shall see I guess. If Belfry doesn't win by 30+ I'll be shocked.
Redonthehound Wrote:Performance against Casey County? We won 38-17, started out slow, possibly looking forward to Belfry. It happens. This team is ready to go. They've been waiting on this game for a year. Just remember, 42-14 was a real deceiving score last year and the Hounds are much much better.

You didn't start out slow. Corbin intercepted us on the first darn play of the freakin game. Scored within 3 or 4 plays of the INT. Casey came back and scored with great play calling. Corbin scored again their 2nd possession. Then Casey's defense really got going, big hits and well timed blitzes. The middle of the game is where that game became a contest. After you were in another thread running your mouth about a running clock by halftime (it was 23-14). Casey holds Corbin scoreles in the 3rd and fatigue and lack of numbers with our already injured starters, along with good plays by Corbin lead to their two 4th quarter scores. The 2nd score came on a stinken pass when we thought Corbin was just going to run the clock out with their ground game. Either way, you guys didn't start out slow then suddenly just take the game over for like 3 quarters. Belfry is going to kill you. Which sucks for us cause it means we are no where near in Belfry's category. I think that will make 2 of us.
Awesome! You can even start a flurry on here, about where to eat and how to dress when you eat. I am sure Belfry fans aren't scared of wearing whatever and most Corbin fans wouldn't taint their food but sure can get a rise out of both.
After looking at it the past few days:

Corbin is going to have to play flawless defensively amidst their LB's and Safeties. If they tackle like they did against Casey County then Belfry will hang 40+ on them and score every single possession. Lots of bad angles and broken tackles. Corbin gives up probably an average of 75 pounds along the D-line so I expect them to try and be creative with how they attack Belfry. Trying to play it straight up and let the LB'ers read will be absolute suicide, so expect a lot of stunts, blitzes into the power holes, and plenty of bear crawling.

Offensively I honestly think Corbin will give Belfry problems. Patience is the name of the game for Corbin. They have to make every possession count and have to at the very least move the ball past midfield every time. They cannot get stuck in 3 and Out's or giving Belfry a short field. With that said, Corbin is capable of this.

Belfry has to make plays on Defense when the play is there to be made. If you have Sizemore dead to rights in the backfield you have to get home and either get a sack or force a bad pass as he is hit. No missed tackles in the backfield. They have to stay disciplined in contain and keep Corbin from getting outside on the read option or scramble.Most importantly, Belfry's star power has to be game changers on Defense. Force some INT's on deep throws, Horton and Bentley have to make big plays for negative yardage, and Wellman will need to play the best game of his life on each side of the ball.

The team that wins this is going to be the team that wins First Down.

I think neutral fans may be overestimating Belfry and underestimating Corbin, but Belfry definitely is the more talented, bigger, stronger, and more veteran team.

Belfry 38
Corbin 26

Close game throughout.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:After looking at it the past few days:

Corbin is going to have to play flawless defensively amidst their LB's and Safeties. If they tackle like they did against Casey County then Belfry will hang 40+ on them and score every single possession. Lots of bad angles and broken tackles. Corbin gives up probably an average of 75 pounds along the D-line so I expect them to try and be creative with how they attack Belfry. Trying to play it straight up and let the LB'ers read will be absolute suicide, so expect a lot of stunts, blitzes into the power holes, and plenty of bear crawling.

Offensively I honestly think Corbin will give Belfry problems. Patience is the name of the game for Corbin. They have to make every possession count and have to at the very least move the ball past midfield every time. They cannot get stuck in 3 and Out's or giving Belfry a short field. With that said, Corbin is capable of this.

Belfry has to make plays on Defense when the play is there to be made. If you have Sizemore dead to rights in the backfield you have to get home and either get a sack or force a bad pass as he is hit. No missed tackles in the backfield. They have to stay disciplined in contain and keep Corbin from getting outside on the read option or scramble.Most importantly, Belfry's star power has to be game changers on Defense. Force some INT's on deep throws, Horton and Bentley have to make big plays for negative yardage, and Wellman will need to play the best game of his life on each side of the ball.

The team that wins this is going to be the team that wins First Down.

I think neutral fans may be overestimating Belfry and underestimating Corbin, but Belfry definitely is the more talented, bigger, stronger, and more veteran team.

Belfry 38
Corbin 26

Close game throughout.

I agree with a lot of this but you all so got to remember that this is the big stage Corbin has not been there and and won every single player we have played last year except one these boys know what they have to do so at the first of the game Corbin will play good but as the game goes on they will push and force things and that's where it will go south for Corbin they will move the ball but as long as we don't give up the big play when you get in the red zone our D is tough as for our offence its going to be 5 or 6 yards at a time and in the second it will turn to 8 to 12 yards at a time and if our fullback gets a 100 yards we will every time I'm not going to give a score yet but Belfry wins
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next